ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - September 21st Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Connor Koza, Luke Waters, Kyle Schepanski, Matt Manternach, Derek Ehrhardt, Kolin Schulte, Justin Sholly, Korby Sander, Jon Henessee, and Mark Becker.

..........................................................................................................................................
Monticello guard Matt Manternach

Recruiting
"I have actually been looking at Iowa for running track. I went on a recruiting visit there and they want me as a preferred walk-on. I am considering that. Other than that, I haven't been looking at schools too hard. If there was a basketball scholarship that would come up I'd definitely look into it."

Basketball attention
"I've gotten letters from Wartburg, Loras, the University of Dubuque, and smaller schools around here."

If he is walking at Iowa for track or not playing sports
"At this point, I am looking at Iowa and walking on for track. if I don’t do that, I'll go to Kirkwood or Iowa State for something in Agriculture. That is what I am looking at but that might change."

On the opportunity at Iowa
"I am really excited about that. They are showing interest in me and they can help make me a lot better runner. When I took my visit, I had a lot of fun. It seemed like a nice place and they have really nice facilities."

..........................................................................................................................................
St. Albert quarterback Luke Waters

Recruiting
"Not yet. Hopefully I can get some though."

A favorite college growing up
"My favorite college has always been Iowa State because my dad went there. My brother is going to Ohio so that is a school I am starting to like."

Central Elkader quarterback Derek Ehrhardt

Recruiting
"Not yet. My coach has been sending out stuff but there has not been much response yet."

A favorite growing up
"Obviously the Iowa Hawkeyes are a dream whether it is football or baseball."

Anamosa athlete Kyle Schepanski

A favorite sport
"Basketball is most definitely my favorite sport. I am hoping to play somewhere in college if I get looked at. Hopefully I can have a good year."

Recruiting
"As far as basketball, there hasn’t been much outside of people watching my game from AAU tournaments. I had some coaches in Chicago from Wartburg and Coe watching our games. Those are two schools that I'd at if I could."

Anamosa athlete Kolin Schulte

Basketball recruiting
"I haven't been getting as much attention for basketball. I've gotten some from some Division III schools. The one I remember was the University of Chicago. I talked to a Cornell coach once and Clarke maybe sent a letter."

Football recruiting
"They were from North Dakota State and Division III schools around the state like Cornell, Loras, and Coe."

A college sport
"I probably would lean more towards football because that is what I've always played. Both of my brothers play college football."

Sioux City East quarterback Connor Koza

Playing football in college
"At the beginning of the year, I wasn’t thinking about. Now I think it might be a lot of fun."

Recruiting
"I have started to get some stuff. It has been schools like Graceland University and Wayne State. It has not been a whole lot yet."

Visits
"Not yet. I don't have any planned."

Favorite college growing up
"I'm a huge Husker fan."

Clear Lake linebacker Justin Sholly

Recruiting
"I am going to do some game day visits. I had one at Iowa State already and then I'll go to North Dakota State in November. I have received some information from Augustana about a game day visit. It has been Central, Upper Iowa, and all over the place."

Recruiting the hardest
"I have had the most contact with North Dakota State and Central. I probably talk to their coaches the most so far."

A favorite
"I'd say probably not yet. I want to see what the different game day visits are like."

Belmond-Klemme athlete Korby Sander

Recruiting
"Iowa State, UNI, recently I got some stuff from Tulsa, and then there are some smaller MAC schools."

A few other schools
"Northern Illinois, South Dakota, and South Dakota State."

Visits
"I plan on starting visits to some of those schools pretty soon."

Visits
"Iowa State, UNI, and that is about it."

Recruiting the hardest
"Probably UNI."

A favorite
"Nope."

Wilton forward Jon Henessee

Basketball recruiting
"For basketball, I've gotten a couple of things from Luther."

Baseball
"I have gotten some from Division III and II schools around the area."

Visits
"I visited Carthage in Wisconsin and I'm visiting the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in October."

What the visits are for
"It is just for school. I want to talk to the baseball coaches at Wisconsin-Milwaukee and see what he has to say."

Tipton guard Mark Becker

Recruiting
"I have looked at Wartburg, Central, and Mount Mercy but I want to visit a lot more places. Really I have no idea (what I want to do)."

Recruiting the hardest
"I think Central is probably contacting me the most."

Upcoming visits
" I still want to go to St. Ambrose and a few other places like Simpson."

A favorite
"I like the Mount Mercy campus the best. They all have good athletic programs."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News