ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - July 6th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Dylon Storey, TreyShawn Labeaux, Sam Allen, Derek Greiner, Michael Geistler, Sonny Onken, Spencer Cuvelier, Connor Neuroth, Derek Erdman, and Micheal Agbaje.

..........................................................................................................................................
Bondurant-Farrar guard Dylon Storey

Basketball recruiting
"Morningside sent me stuff, Simpson, Central, Buena Vista, and William Penn have been sending me letters."

Football recruiting
"It has been South Dakota, Simpson, Clarke, Coe, Upper Iowa, Loras, and Concordia in St. Paul. Those are a few of them."

A favorite sport
"I've been thinking a lot about that lately and it might be either one. It is still up in the air."

A sporting lean
"It is probably basketball if I had to pick right now."

Visits
"Not right now."

..........................................................................................................................................
Cedar Falls forward TreyShawn Labeaux

Recruiting
"I got a letter from Virginia and my coach told me that Drake was talking about me."

Visits
"A while ago I went to Nebraska but that was it."

The Nebraska trip
"It was good. It was a nice college."

Grinnell guard Sam Allen

Recruiting
"I got a call from South Dakota last week. I got a letter from North Dakota and Wayne State shot me a text. Lehigh has asked for my transcripts."

The South Dakota call
"It was really cool. He asked me and told me he was excited to watch me play this July. He told me he was glad things are going well and to keep working hard."

Williamsburg linebacker Derek Greiner

Camps
"I had a camp at Iowa and Northern Illinois. I feel Iowa went very well and I felt like I belonged there. Northern Illinois was also very good."

Feedback
"I'm staying in touch with Northern Illinois and will be setting up a visit this fall. I'll also be visiting Western Illinois in July."

Recruiting
"Two of the biggest ones that I've heard from are Southern and Western Illinois. Northern Illinois is also starting to show a little bit more interest."

Fall visits
"Northern Illinois for sure and then I'm guessing Western Illinois and we'll try Iowa."

Norwalk forward Michael Geistler

Recruiting
"I've been talking to Wartburg, Simpson, the University of Sioux Falls, Briar Cliff, and Morningside."

Visits
"I saw some of the schools during academic visits. I also plan on going to the University of Sioux Falls at the start of August."

Visits that stood out
"I liked the Wartburg facilities. They have a really nice complete. Simpson is a school I know because it is not that far away. I'll visit Morningside and Briar Cliff later and Sioux Falls I haven't seen yet."

A favorite
"No, I'm just keeping my options open. I'll look at academics and where the financial packages are to help make my decision."

Norwalk defensive end Sonny Onken

Camps
"I've been to Iowa State and Missouri. I wasn’t able to make UNI because I sprained my ankle."

His performances
"I really enjoyed them. I liked the way they ran their camp at Iowa State. I talked to Coach Rhoads and he said I didn't do as well as he had hoped against the run so they weren't going to offer yet. He said that going against the pass block was exactly what they want out of a prospect. At Missouri, they had me at outside linebacker and they liked how I moved for someone so big. They said they might come to some games this year."

Recruiting
"The main schools I'd say I'm interested in are UNI as well as Western Illinois. Western Illinois and South Dakota State have both offered me full rides. I'd also say Missouri, Iowa, and Iowa State are the three big Division I schools."

Recruiting the hardest
"Easily Western Illinois and South Dakota State because they both offered me fulls. South Dakota and UNI are right behind. They both offered me partials but want me to come to their camps. If I perform well, they'll move it to a full. Iowa State has been extremely interested in me as well"

A favorite
"My favorite would be Western Illinois at this point."

Crestwood athlete Spencer Cuvelier

Camps
"I've gone to the Iowa camp and I believe I'll got the University of Minnesota camp."

Iowa camp
"I thought it went well. I hurt my neck and it was really bothering me but I sucked it up and did it."

Recruiting
"Recruiting wise, there has been none."

Camp invites
"I know Kansas State and Minnesota as well. I am not sure but there may have been a couple of others."

Smaller school recruiting
"No, sir."

Wanting to play college football
"Absolutely."

Dike-New Hartford athlete Connor Neuroth

Basketball recruiting
"I've been interested in Grandview now. I want to go to a camp there."

Football recruiting
"Coe, Upper Iowa, and those type of schools are the ones I've been hearing from. Holy Cross has also contacted me."

A favorite sport
"No, not really. I don’t know what I'll do."

MMC athlete Derek Erdman

Playing college football
"I have thought about it but I probably won't go down that road in the future."

Why he is not playing
"I plan on going to Iowa State for some Ag classes. I have a nice Ag University right there and that is what I'll probably end up doing."

Recruiting
"I have some from Upper Iowa and colleges like that. It is nothing too big."

Ames defensive back Micheal Agbaje

Camps
"I have been to Northwest Missouri State, North Dakota State, and Holy Cross in Massachusetts."

Camp performances
"North Dakota State went really well overall. I did get a lot more recognition at Holy Cross than North Dakota State. Holy Cross has shown a lot of interest and they have talked about offering. Both schools said that they are going to watch me this season."

Recruiting
"It has been Holy Cross, North Dakota State, Iowa State has shown a little interest, Northwest Missouri State, and Cornell University has been sending me quite a few things."

A favorite
"Not really. I love so much about each of the colleges that I've been to."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News