ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - February 19th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Logan Otting, Cameron Smolik, Jake Schock, Ryan Blum, Nyanti Gehrke, Adam Metivier, and Reece Huen.

..........................................................................................................................................
Cascade linebacker Logan Otting
Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to play college football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“UNI came to talk to Coach Frake and said they’ll stay in touch with me. As of right now, that’s the only recruiting action I’ve received.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any college trips.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I plan to attend the University of Iowa football camps, UNI football camps, and Iowa State camps this coming summer.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Since a kid, I’ve been a huge Hawkeye fan and have always had a dream/goal to be a Hawk someday.”

..........................................................................................................................................
Van Meter linebacker Cameron Smolik
“Yeah, I want to play football.”

“I've had some contact with Princeton, Penn, Columbia, Yale, Iowa, SMSU, Minnesota State-Moorhead, and Harvard.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Princeton. This junior day will be a return visit since I went on one in October.”

“Yes, SMSU, Princeton, and Iowa.”

“I don't know yet.”

“Yeah, definitely South Dakota. My father played there.”

Dubuque Wahlert guard Jake Schock
Do you want to play basketball in college?
“Yes, basketball is my sport. It's the game I've loved for so long. I've put in hours upon hours working on it and at times turning down friends and others to get in the gym. I want more than anything to play in college.”

“So far, I've talked with UNI, the University of Dubuque, Loras, and Clarke. The three Division III schools around here have pretty much told me they’re also an option and would love to have me. UNI on the other hand just reached out and took notice. They said they'd keep an eye on me, so that's good and I hope this sparks this summer with the Iowa Mavericks.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I am not sure at this point. Obviously the three schools here in the city because they’re close, but like I said hopefully that increases this summer.”

“Yes, on the 3rd of February I went on an unofficial to UNI. That's it for now though.”

“This spring, I'm going to the Future Stars Showcase in Cedar Rapids. During the summer, I'll go to the UNI elite camp for sure and for others we will have to see. I plan on going to plenty of camps though, I got invited to the Pangos camp, but couldn't attend because of injury.”

“Iowa is definitely my favorite college growing up and that would kind of be a dream school, but oddly enough UNI is a great school too as well as Iowa State. They’re all great schools. But yeah, Iowa for sure as I've been growing up.”

Glenwood guard Ryan Blum
Do you want to play basketball in college?
“Yes, I would love to play college basketball.”

“I’ve been talked to by a couple, but nothing serious.”

“I have not.”

“Court Side Films and some others.”

“My favorite college growing up was Duke. I love watching Coach K.”

Bondurant-Farrar running back Nyanti Gehrke
“Yes, I’d love to play sports in college. Playing football in college has been a dream of mine for many years and I’m still working towards it.”

“No colleges have been recruiting me yet, but by knowing that, I use that as motivation to keep pushing to get better.”

“I have not made any colleges trips yet and can’t wait to get in contact with colleges in my future.”

“I will have a very busy summer with baseball. The camps I attend will revolve around what days I have open to work on my game.”

“I’ve always loved Iowa growing up and watching all of their athletic teams perform.”

Davenport Assumption defensive back Adam Metivier
“I am thinking about playing either baseball or football in college, but I am leaning towards baseball.”

“A few colleges have contacted me, but mostly for my academics.”

“I have not made any college trips yet.”

“I am planning on going to a few PBR and Perfect Game camps for baseball and am still deciding on a football camp.”

“I have always been a fan of the University of Iowa and Oklahoma University since my dad went to both of them. I have followed their athletics closely and love their colleges.”

Ballard running back Reece Huen
“I am not 100% sure if I want to play college sports yet. If I did, I would either play football or baseball.”

“I haven’t really been recruited, but a coach from Minnesota State Moorhead contacted me and invited me to come visit.”

“I have not made any college trips yet, but I plan to this spring.”

“I plan on going to the Iowa and Iowa State football camp. My football team does a team camp at Northwest Missouri State.”

“My favorite college is U of I. I’m a huge Hawkeye fan.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News