ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - December 12th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Paul Rundquist, Keshawn Christian, Tyler Endres, Derek Golwitzer, Ryan Mells, Garrett Sturtz, Jeramy Randol, Cameron Soenksen, and Jamie Spinks.

..........................................................................................................................................
Iowa City High guard Keshawn Christian
Do you want to play basketball in college?
“Yeah.”

Have you had any attention from colleges?
“I don't think so.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I really want to go to UCLA, Kentucky, or something like that.”

..........................................................................................................................................
Norwalk offensive lineman Tyler Endres
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I actually got an offer from Iowa State about a month or two ago. Iowa State is the only school that has talked to me.”

When did Iowa State offer a scholarship?
“I went up to a game day visit for the Kansas State game. One of their recruiters told me Coach Campbell wanted to see me in his office. We went in there and they told me that they were offering me.”

What were your thoughts on the scholarship?
“It opened up my eyes on my potential that my football career has in the future. It was pretty exciting.”

How do you feel about Iowa State?
“I like it. I like the coaches and get along with them really well. They have ae good program and they are turning it around.”

“I was an Iowa fan because my whole family was.”

When do you want to make a final decision?
“Just probably my senior year when I see all my options. I don't want to make it too early.”

Do you have any upcoming visits?
“No but I have some camps coming up this summer.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I’ll be going to Iowa, Iowa State, and I might go to UNI.”

Van Meter linebacker Derek Golwitzer
Do you want to play football in college?
“Yes, that is a goal of mine.”

“Not really but I haven't really advertised myself as well. I plan on going to a lot of camps this summer and seeing what I can get.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“I am going to go to Iowa, UNI, and just all over to get my name out there.”

“Probably Iowa would be my favorite to be honest. My whole room is black and gold.”

Dowling Catholic defensive tackle Ryan Mells
“It has been Mankato, Northwest Missouri State, Missouri Western, UNI, Iowa Central, Ellsworth, Iowa Western, and schools like that.”

What colleges have offered you?
“Grand View.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I went to one at Iowa State but I am not sure how serious that one is. I am trying to set some up.”

What schools have mentioned official visits?
“Mankato wants me to come out for an official visit, Iowa Central wants me to come up, and Missouri Western wants me to come up too.”

What month do you plan on going?
“I think it will be in January. We are not in a major rush for it.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Grand View is showing me a lot and they offered me. UNI is showing me a lot, Mankato, and Northwest Missouri State. It is those schools.”

Do you have a favorite now?
“Not right now.”

What do you want to make a final decision?
“I just want as much time as I can get. A lot of factors will go into this so I want to take my time with it.”

Newton guard Garrett Sturtz
“It is mainly Division III and II schools right now. I got a couple of schools in Minnesota like Winona State and then Sioux Falls contacted me. Then a really surprising one in San Diego, Point Lona, contacted me. My coach is from Seattle and he knows a guy from there and has been in contact with him.”

“Not yet. I am still trying to see if more options come.”

What are some of the Division III schools?
“Central College, Simpson, Coe, Wartburg, and schools in that conference.”

“Right now, it is Winona State and Central too. I have some connections at Central and they are really contacting me hard too.”

“As a kid, I followed Grinnell College because of their style. Right now I don't have a favorite college.”

Panorama defensive end Jeramy Randol
“I am just exploring my options and keeping my mind open. I have been looking at a lot of Iowa Conference schools and Upper Iowa University. There are also several NAIA schools like Grand View and Northwestern in Orange City.”

What are some of the Division III schools interested?
“Primarily it is Central, Wartburg, and Buena Vista.”

“Yeah, I have been to a wide variety of places. I was at Wartburg, I’ve been to Central, Buena Vistas, Upper Iowa, and Grand View.”

“I would say Central is recruiting me pretty hard. One of their coaches just showed up at a basketball game of mine. Buena Vista was recruiting me hard too but their coach just resigned.”

Do you have a favorite school at this point?
“That is a tough question because there are some really good schools I am looking at. If I had to pick one, I was really impressed with Wartburg.”

Do you have any upcoming trips?
“I am visiting Upper Iowa and then planning to go to Grand View in January. I will also go back to Wartburg and Central at some point.”

Camanche guard Cameron Soenksen
Do you want to play basketball in college?
“I’ve always dreamed about college basketball but it will be the next four years to make it happen. If I slow down and let people catch me, it’ll be hard to go where I want.”

“No, not really.”

“I've always been a big Duke fan. I know that is going to be hard work and that will be hard coming from a smaller school.”

Wapsie Valley guard Paul Rundquist
“Not really. A coach my dad knows sent me a letter but that doesn't mean much to me right now."

What was the school?
“Jamestown University."

“Of course I have always liked Iowa."

Des Moines Roosevelt athlete Jamie Spinks
“For football, I have been to an Iowa game and an Iowa State game. That is it.”

What type of interest has Iowa shown you?
“They just invited me to their game against Nebraska. That was a pretty good visit.”

“When I was younger, I was always a Hawkeye.”

Do you have any upcoming visits?
“No, I am just focused on basketball right now.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News