ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - August 10th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Will Hasken, Jackson Wright, Jordan Bohannon, Jared Printy, Ryan Hawkins, Kobe Lutjens, Will Carius, Peyton Crawford, Rylan Richardson, Collin Hill, Joe Hess, and Michael Ahrendsen.

..........................................................................................................................................
Sergeant Bluff-Luton lineman Jackson Wright

Camps
"I went to Iowa for a one day camp and North Dakota State for a one day camp. I feel like I did pretty well. At North Dakota State I got a concussion and I felt like I could have done better. I probably didn't perform my best."

Camp feedback
"No, not really."

Recruiting
"There is nothing too major. I am just getting letters from places around here like Northern State and Central here in Iowa."

..........................................................................................................................................
Linn-Mar guard Jordan Bohannon

From AAU coach Hank Huddleson
Where does he sit with recruiting?
"DePaul has offered, South Dakota State, and I know he has talked to Iowa. I think Iowa needs some stuff to play out before they are in a position to do anything. It would not surprise me if he ended up at Iowa but I'm not going to discount the other two schools. He has a connection at DePaul and South Dakota State has been tremendous since the beginning and has been at everything we did this summer. He doesn't have bad choices. The good thing about Jordan is that you can't pigeon hole him as a point guard because of his ability to shoot the basketball. You can move him around because he can shoot it."

What areas of his game is he working on?
"Right now he is not as tall as his older three brothers but I think he is still growing. As a freshman or sophomore on the national scene, the 6-2, athletic strong guards would give him the most fits. This year they didn't give him that many fits. He played well. I am going to tell him to continue working on his strength and his handle can always be tighter. His passing angles can always be better. He shoots it from fairly deep but as he gets stronger that will only get better."

Outside of Iowa, what other schools are after him that have not yet offered?
"I think some people were fishing and trying to find out what he is thinking about doing. Texas Tech and some other ones were interested but nothing substantial to the point of making an offer."

What are the next steps for him as a recruit?
"I think DePaul has an elite camp and then I could see it going either way. I could see it going into the month of August and maybe him deciding something during the first or second week of September. I don’t see it going deep into the fall. He could decide to tomorrow. I know he has said when he feels right he will do it. I also know that he has played really well in front of Fran. I think he is comfortable at Iowa but until Iowa decides something he still has to explore other things."

Linn-Mar guard Jared Printy

Recruiting
"Right now the four main ones are Western Michigan, South Dakota State, the University of Denver, and Air Force. Those are the four that have been the most interested."

Offer talk
"No schools have offered yet. I am still waiting for that first one. I am going to work until I can get there."

A favorite
"I really don’t because I have only been up to Western Michigan and South Dakota. I did really like both of those schools but I need to get out to the other two."

Official visit talk
"No schools have talked about that yet. I am hoping to get some of those arranged in the fall and just go from there."

Division II schools
"There are several Division II schools that have talked to me. There is Minnesota State Mankato, Minnesota State Moorhead, Augustana in Sioux Falls, Minot State in North Dakota, Quincy University, and then Lewis University as well."

Atlantic forward Ryan Hawkins

Recruiting
"UN-K, Wayne State, Dordt, Midland, and Northwestern are kind of the big ones right now."

Offers
"August is when I'm going to visit all of them. I have either been on vacation or playing baseball during all of June or July so I'll be doing some visits in the first couple weeks of August."

Visits
"I really want to get up to Dordt and Northwestern. I've always seen Midland's campus. It is just wherever the flow takes me."

A favorite
"Right now no because I have only been on Midland's campus."

Recruiting the hardest
"Probably Wayne State."

Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley wide receiver Kobe Lutjens

Camps
"I went to SDSU, Iowa, and Augustana. I feel like I could have tested a little better at Iowa because that was my first one. I tested better at SDSU and Augustana."

Camp feedback
"No, not really."

Recruiting
"It was just the same as last time with UNI, USD, and NDSU. That is it."

Pleasant Valley forward Will Carius

Offers
"Last Monday Northern State in South Dakota offered. It has also been Northern Michigan, Concordia in St. Paul's, and then some of the older ones have been Sioux Falls, Truman State, and Parkside."

Other schools
"Nebraska-Kearney and Michigan Tech are the ones that I've heard from that hasn’t offered yet."

Recruiting the hardest
"The hardest would probably be Parkside. They seem to be working the most. We text a couple of times a week and they've really been reaching out a lot."

Official visit talk
"Not yet. That is something we are getting into now."

A favorite
"Not yet. I'll probably have one once I get on some of these visits and get a better feel for the schools. Right now I'm open."

Signing this fall
"Ideally I want to do it before basketball but I will go as long as it takes to find the right fit."

Sigourney-Keota running back Peyton Crawford

Football Recruiting
"Cornell University out in New York contacted me. At the Simpson camp I had a little bit of interest. There has been other schools like Wartburg, Central, and some other ones."

Baseball recruiting
"I have gotten a few letters from Air Force and then some jucos like Southeastern and Muscatine."

Factors in picking a sport
"It all depends if I get any scholarships and also the academics. I don’t really know yet."

South Central Calhoun linebacker Rylan Richardson

Camps
"I went to Drake firsts and I liked that one, Iowa State, UNI, and South Dakota State too. I did pretty good at the Drake and South Dakota State camps. I had an off day at the Iowa State and UNI camps. I don’t think I did very good at the Iowa State one."

Feedback
"At Drake they showed me the most feedback and interest. My recruiting coach, Bill Charles, thought I did really good. He said they will take a look this fall and that they won't offer until the fall. UNI talked to me a little bit. At South Dakota State, I got to talk with my recruiting coach and they showed some interest."

Recruiting
"It has been Drake and Southwest Minnesota. I have gotten a lot of other Division II schools like Wayne State, Upper Iowa, and schools like that."

A favorite
"I like Drake and the coaches but they don’t offer scholarships. I love the campus but I am keeping my options open. I really like Southwest Minnesota State. They have an Ag program and that is something I want to do. I also haven't really looked much into Wayne State or Upper Iowa."

South Hamilton forward Collin Hill

Recruiting
"Right now Drake and UNI have been talking to me quite a bit. I have gotten a call from South Dakota but right now Drake and UNI are the main two."

Drake and UNI contact
"They texted me and I've talked to their coaching staffs. They have also talked to my AAU coach."

Others
"Right now, there is not that much."

Visits
"This fall I'll take campus visits to Drake and UNI for sure."

Mount Pleasant quarterback Joe Hess

College camps
"I went to Kansas, Iowa State, and then Iowa. I also went to Eastern Michigan and visited Northern Illinois and Minnesota. I took a one day visit to Ellsworth College in Iowa Falls."

Camp performances
"I did pretty well. Some of the camps were tiring because I had Kansas, Iowa State, and Iowa three days in a row. All of the schools were impressed and they want to see how I do my senior year. They want to see how I develop and how all of that goes."

Iowa feedback
"They called my coach the next day and they said that if they offer it'd be at a different position. They want me to play tight end or something like that. It is pretty cool but that was a shocker."

Schools recruiting the hardest
"Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Drake, and Kansas."

A favorite
"I really enjoyed my visit to Eastern Michigan because I had never been to Michigan before. I got to meet the whole coaching staff and their head coach was a really good man."

Union lineman Michael Ahrendsen

Camps
"I went up to South Dakota State and I also went UNI earlier. I felt that the South Dakota State one went very well for me. I really liked it there."

Camp feedback
"I got a couple of emails from some of the schools when I was up at South Dakota State."

The schools
"Mankato State and Minnesota State said that I looked good and they want me to come for a visit this fall."

Questionnaires
"I have gotten questionnaires from Iowa and Nebraska."

A favorite college growing up
"I just always rooted for Iowa State because that is where my parents grew up."

Northeast Gooselake athlete Will Hasken

A college sport
"That is really up in the air. I love football and also love basketball. Running track isn't out of the question either. By the end of the year I'll figure it out."

Football recruiting
"I have gotten letters from Division III schools around the area. Harvard sent me a letter and I got a camp invite from UNI."

Basketball recruiting
"I just got back from Snow Valley and Coach Peth asked me to come up for a visit. There are some other Division III schools like Loras and some in Wisconsin. There are bigger schools for football but basketball has always been a passion for me."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News