ADVERTISEMENT

The # 4 team USC lost and fell 6 spots from # 4 to # 10 in the CFP poll.

hokiemokie

Freshman
Dec 31, 2009
Later the #3 team lost and never dropped even one position in the CFP poll . WTF ?

USC got steamrolled.

TCU lost a close game to a team they had beaten earlier in the season.
I don't see it . everything prior to Saturdays games should be moot . one ranked 3 one ranked 4, both lost and only one dropped in polls . I've never seen a team lose to a lower ranked team and not drop even one spot .TCU should have dropped even if only one spot. JMHO but I think the committee kept them at 3 to prevent the rematch of OSU and Mich. I believe there is more politics in CFP rankings than what we will ever know . I think Tennessee, Alabama, Clemson, and maybe Kansas State has a legitimate argument for being in top 4. Only advantage to me for the top 4 today is none have more than a single loss .

• Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
This, 100% this.

And it gives the B1G an opportunity to get both teams into the title game.
I’m not a conspiracy theorist, nor do I think Bama should’ve gotten in, but go look at the backgrounds of the people that make up the committee. I think TCU could’ve gotten blown out, and the decision was already made after USC had lost the night before that TCU was going to be 3 or 4 regardless.

Even if Tennessee was ahead of us, and I realize @Orange_N_White can make an argument for that, the SEC wasn’t getting two teams in.

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, nor do I think Bama should’ve gotten in, but go look at the backgrounds of the people that make up the committee. I think TCU could’ve gotten blown out, and the decision was already made after USC had lost the night before that TCU was going to be 3 or 4 regardless.

Even if Tennessee was ahead of us, and I realize @Orange_N_White can make an argument for that, the SEC wasn’t getting two teams in.

Decent chance we lay an egg vs Kansas St now with 49 players not playing in the Sugar. The talking heads will get to say, "we told you so."

This has a Bama vs Utah feel to it and K-St is workmanlike AF. If we roll our helmets out there, they'll break one off in our ass. Hopefully we can get an us vs the world mentality and set the tone.

Decent chance we lay an egg vs Kansas St now with 49 players not playing in the Sugar. The talking heads will get to say, "we told you so."

This has a Bama vs Utah feel to it and K-St is workmanlike AF. If we roll our helmets out there, they'll break one off in our ass. Hopefully we can get an us vs the world mentality and set the tone.
Worried about Battle and Hellums opting out. Branch is a potential first rounder, so he probably will too. So that puts us extremely thin at safety/star.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Just wasn’t the SEC’s year the way things played out. In fact, had TN won out after the GA loss, then they get the TCU or OSU spot, which is fascinating given GA and TN are in the same division….let alone conference.

Reactions: Pops Masterson
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT