ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee to NCAA

I'm glad that this is a big fvck you to the NCAA but I don't like that this seemingly gives even more power to the individual college athlete.

We've over-corrected at this point. It's free agency on a cocktail of Spiderman venom and meth.

Reactions: Reasoned
I'm glad that this is a big fvck you to the NCAA but I don't like that this seemingly gives even more power to the individual college athlete.

We've over-corrected at this point. It's free agency on a cocktail of Spiderman venom and meth.

I get it but…F those power hungry bastards.

They want to keep the money and nil is a threat

They passed rules AFTER THE FACT to try to hang us.

F the ncaa 🖕

Cheating bammers always hate playing on a level playing field

$1 to Moby ❤️

I'm not worried about a level playing field. I dislike the era of me and fvck those who have bled with me. Derrick Henry was an unbelievably gifted and talented RB. He would have been less effective if his OL, TE's and WR's had not sold out entirely blocking for him.

IMHO that happened because they were brothers who willingly bled for one another and put everything on the line out of loyalty to one another.

Bammers have hated NIL from the beginning.

It negated the greatest cheating machine the college football world had ever seen.
Oh No Football GIF by Nickelodeon

I get it but…F those power hungry bastards.

They want to keep the money and nil is a threat

They passed rules AFTER THE FACT to try to hang us.

F the ncaa 🖕

Glad the NCAA is really focused in on the problems with college football. You can give the give a $2 million dollar NIL deal, but can’t lay out some posters on his bed on his official visit. What a fvcking joke

I'm not worried about a level playing field. I dislike the era of me and fvck those who have bled with me. Derrick Henry was an unbelievably gifted and talented RB. He would have been less effective if his OL, TE's and WR's had not sold out entirely blocking for him.

IMHO that happened because they were brothers who willingly bled for one another and put everything on the line out of loyalty to one another.

It comes down to the multi billion dollar business and not wanting to share with the “students athletes “

South Park did a great bit on that…

Glad the NCAA is really focused in on the problems with college football. You can give the give a $2 million dollar NIL deal, but can’t lay out some posters on his bed on his official visit. What a fvcking joke

And that is the problem. It would be like honks favorite comment...I write the drug trafficker a ticket for their tag light while ignoring the 50 kilos of booger sugar. And yes, it was only 50 and not 100 like they're crying about now.

I'm good with the athletes profiting off of their NIL. It's a natural and legitimate order for how business gets done. Being able to change your mind and your team is also reasonable.

However, the sport, the business model and indeed these athletes ability to prosper off their NIL also depends on the sport have some semblance of order and order comes from a reasonable set of rules. That's true in my business and yours as well so there has to be a limit based on said reasonableness.

The trick is defining what is reasonable. If that doesn't happen, the business model won't continue to prosper like it has.

It comes down to the multi billion dollar business and not wanting to share with the “students athletes “

South Park did a great bit on that…

And South Park nailed it. The old order was ridiculous. The pendulum has, unsurprisingly, swung too far in the opposite direction. Now the new order is ridiculous.

I think that we can find a way for the athletes to profit off of their NIL while also not having rosters virtually turn over annually.

Reactions: Orange_N_White

And that is the problem. It would be like honks favorite comment...I write the drug trafficker a ticket for their tag light while ignoring the 50 kilos of booger sugar. AU him. And yes, it was only 50 and not 100 like they're crying about now.

I'm good with the athletes profiting off of their NIL. It's a natural and legitimate order for layers how business gets done. Being able to change your mind and your teamsgments. is also reasonable.

However, the sport, the business model and indeed these athletes ability to prosper off their NIL also depends on the sport have some semblance of order and order comes from a reasonable set of rules. That's true in my business and yours as well so there has to be a limit based on said reasonableness.

The trick is defining what is reasonable. If that doesn't happen, the business model won't continue to prosper like it has.
The problem is that no one can figure a legal way of getting atround the US Constitution which in general says that a person can earn as much as someone is willing to pay them. The only way is to have Congress pass a law giving the NCAA an exemption to set limits on amounts that can be payed. But that will just bring back under the table payments.

The problem is that no one can figure a legal way of getting atround the US Constitution which in general says that a person can earn as much as someone is willing to pay them. The only way is to have Congress pass a law giving the NCAA an exemption to set limits on amounts that can be payed. But that will just bring back under the table payments.
Sort of. There are salary caps in place in pro leagues as well as rookie pay scales in place.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

I don't have an issue with how much they're making. I don't even mind that some players change schools. My issue is that schools are sometimes losing 20-30, or more, players per year. That doesn't just affect Bama...eventually it will happen to every major program and many smaller ones as well.

I think that's bad for the sport. And it's not only happening in football. Limiting the number of times you can transfer without sitting out a year seems reasonable imo.

it is league and team caps in an effort to maintain league equity. Not individual caps.
Semantics. College football can set the exact same type of model. The team caps are salary caps, and they do have an effect on individuals. These NIL deals should include massive buyouts that will basically force the players into honoring their commitments.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BamaFan1137
LayingSemantics. College football can set the exact same type of model. The team caps are salary ca they do have an effect on individuals. These NIL deals should include massive buyouts that will basically force the players into honoring their commitments.
Not exactly semantic. The team caps only affect how much in total a team can pay., not how much a player can accept, so no individual rights are violated. The reason schools supposedly stay out of NIL keeping it in private business is to avoid having to furnish info on them. If it were a public institution like LSU or Auburn or AL media could probably fight and get that info.

As for NIL paybacks who do you think will be the first one to go to court to enforce one, AU or AL collective?

The kids and parents have things all there way now. But things this troublesome generally get solved but it will just lead back to an unlevel playing field.

Last edited:
Not exactly semantic. The team caps only affect how much in total a team can pay., not how much a player can accept, so no individual rights are violated. The reason schools supposedly stay out of NIL keeping it in private business is to avoid having to furnish info on them. If it were a public institution like LSU or Auburn or AL media could probably fight and get that info.

As for NIL paybacks who do you think will be the first one to go to court to enforce one, AU or AL collective?

The kids and parents have things all there way now. But things this troublesome generally get solved but it will just lead back to an in level playing gi
You aren't limiting how much a kid can make. You'd be limiting how much a school's NIL collective can spend. If the kid wants to take the time to setup individual contracts all over the country, or if he wants to get a job, whatever. Handle NIL as though it's a salary, then follow the model put forth by every pro sports league.

As far as who is going to be the first to enforce paybacks, I'm not exactly sure why you're asking that. If the kid signs a NIL contract, put a buyout clause in it. Real world problem, real world solution. Your coach has one, why shouldn't these players? Act like a mercenary, get treated like one.

You aren't limiting how much a kid can make. You'd be limiting how much a school's NIL collective can spend. If the kid wants to take the time to setup individual contracts all over the country, or if he wants to get a job, whatever. Handle NIL as though it's a salary, then follow the model put forth by every pro sports league
As far as who is going to be the first to enforce paybacnot exactly sure why you're asking that. If the kid signs a NIL contract, put a buyout clause in it. Real world problem, real world solution. Your coach has one, why shouldn't these players? Act like a mercenary, get treated like one.
How can you set limits on NIL since nothing is controlled by anybody least of all the NCAA? In this situation I doubt anybody in a NIL collectives want their proceedings in a public record.like a lawsuit.

How can you set limits on NIL since nothing is controlled by anybody least of all the NCAA? In this situation I doubt anybody in a NIL collectives want their proceedings in a public record.like a lawsuit.
Uuuuhhhh....put someone in control of it. How it exists now is a problem. I'm offering up feasible solutions.

They’re desperately hanging on to the past when they were relevant. Too bad, so sad. They lost all credibility after they let Saban do whatever it took to get 10/12 #1 classes. Pathetic.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
Uuuuhhhh....put someone in control of it. How it exists now is a problem. I'm offering up feasible solutions.
They have a ruling allowing them to collect any and all they can. The only way to rein it in now is to start a new pro league featuring the SEC and friends. 32 teams seems to be a successful pattern.

Reactions: dhetiger
Good luck with that. The way I see it it’s Congress who can do that and some criminal penalties for violators to keep the table level. That’s the only way to keep alumni away from under the table activities.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT