ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee continues its dominance over lsu men’s sports

I did not say DINardo would win a NC. I said DINardo said he pointed to win the SECC by redshirting the entire 1998 and 1999 classes and taking his lumps. Saban won it in 2001. Saban told a group of us that he and Jimbo Fisher were stunned at the young offensive talent LSU had in spring training that year and they had to change their entire fall offensive camp to try and get it ready for the fall 2020 season. They fell about 2 minute short in the 2020 season when AR scored in the last few minutes of the last game for the win. He won it in 2021. I do seem to recall we beat TN in both 2020 and 2021. Not sure but thinking about it, I believe we beat TN everytime we played them since 2020 except twice. Once was in 2005 when because of Katrina we only had 2 weeks of practice plus 1 game, Arizona State with only 1 week of practice before it. Maybe that’s why you praise that win in 2023 so much as some kind of dominance.

Bill ….Tennessee is 21-10-3 vs lsu

We’re 6-7 vs lsu since the 80’s

Did The corridor not start until 2005?….or was it the impact of good coaching ….Saban….who rescued lsu from mediocrity?

I did not say DINardo would win a NC. I said DINardo said he pointed to win the SECC by redshirting the entire 1998 and 1999 classes and taking his lumps. Saban won it in 2001. Saban told a group of us that he and Jimbo Fisher were stunned at the young offensive talent LSU had in spring training that year and they had to change their entire fall offensive camp to try and get it ready for the fall 2020 season. They fell about 2 minute short in the 2020 season when AR scored in the last few minutes of the last game for the win. He won it in 2021. I do seem to recall we beat TN in both 2020 and 2021. Not sure but thinking about it, I believe we beat TN everytime we played them since 2020 except twice. Once was in 2005 when because of Katrina we only had 2 weeks of practice plus 1 game, Arizona State with only 1 week of practice before it. Maybe that’s why you praise that win in 2023 so much as some kind of dominance.
None of those dates make sense.

Reactions: Orange_N_White
Here’s a irrefutable fact for @Bill_D (I spit facts at him all the time)

lsu football was a middling program until Nick Saban came to town.

He hates it and won’t ever admit it….but lsu sucked for a loooooong time before Saban

Corridor had zero to do with it. It was all coaching

He hates it and won’t ever admit it….but lsu sucked for a loooooong time before Saban

Same could be said for LSU baseball prior to Skip Bertman.

So yes, coaching actually makes a difference. Not some illusional corridor fiction.

You finally realize you are wrong and now you are just asserting a reason that has no basis in fact and without even considering Saban has been gone for 18 years. 18 f’ing years. During that time LSU has played and won 2 NC and played in a third under 2 mediocre coaches. What has TN done in that time. Not even a smell. Well, maybe a smell in 2007. TN has had one other decent team in that 18 year stretch. LSU haS also averaged winning nearly ten games per year. They had that record because of the players they got out of the corridor. TN has their record because of the players they didn’t get out of the corridor. Take a look at TN’s recruiting, even the 2025 class. Not nearly equal to the major teams in the corridor. TN is doing a decent job getting a few quality players out of the portal because of NIL. That will help but the recruiting out of high school needs to get a lot better. TN has a huge NIL base and that might help, but TN is still not in the corridor.

You finally realize you are wrong and now you are just asserting a reason that has no basis in fact and without even considering Saban has been gone for 18 years. 18 f’ing years. During that time LSU has played and won 2 NC and played in a third under 2 mediocre coaches. What has TN done in that time. Not even a smell. Well, maybe a smell in 2007. TN has had one other decent team in that 18 year stretch. LSU haS also averaged winning nearly ten games per year. They had that record because of the players they got out of the corridor. TN has their record because of the players they didn’t get out of the corridor. Take a look at TN’s recruiting, even the 2025 class. Not nearly equal to the major teams in the corridor. TN is doing a decent job getting a few quality players out of the portal because of NIL. That will help but the recruiting out of high school needs to get a lot better. TN has a huge NIL base and that might help, but TN is still not in the corridor.

Bill….lsu’s middling fortunes changed with Saban. A coach bill… not some imaginary line you made up.

Everything you have was because Saban turned around that program

You can never admit it because you’re such a homer ….but lsu was mediocre until saban

Can’t be disputed

Umm. You’re making his point for him, bill deez.

Bill….lsu’s middling fortunes changed with Saban. A coach bill… not some imaginary line you made up.

Everything you have was because Saban turned around that program

You can never admit it because you’re such a homer ….but lsu was mediocre until saban

Can’t be disputed
You dumb sh*t Saban has been gone for 18 years. What changed in the late 90s was that Black HS students started responding to the efforts to raising their standards and more were qualifying. This had a profound effect on the corridor where the black players are about 50% of the population and by about 2005 the change in demographics was complete. This more than doubled the number of elite football players in the corridor. That demographics has not changed.

I said when we first started talking about the corridor was that was what created the corridor. I respect Saban a lot but do you think he has had as much effect on corridor football as the introduction of the black football player starting with a trickle by Bear Bryant at AL in the 60s. It gradually increased until the influx really jumped in the late 90s and the bulk of them were qualifying by about 2005. Take a look at your rosters and compare them to even the early 90s. Take a look now. LSU had 3 white players starting on offense last year. Schools like TN and AR became second choices to the most elite players. That’s why the corridor has dominated the NC.

It is true Saban was a dominating recruiter and he got more of the elite players than the other corridor schools but he couldn’t get them all because of tge NCAA rules and a lot of elite players went to other team.

You dumb sh*t Saban has been gone for 18 years. What changed in the late 90s was that Black HS students started responding to the efforts to raising their standards and more were qualifying. This had a profound effect on the corridor where the black players are about 50% of the population and by about 2005 the change in demographics was complete. This more than doubled the number of elite football players in the corridor. That demographics has not changed.

I said when we first started talking about the corridor was that was what created the corridor. I respect Saban a lot but do you think he has had as much effect on corridor football as the introduction of the black football player starting with a trickle by Bear Bryant at AL in the 60s. It gradually increased until the influx really jumped in the late 90s and the bulk of them were qualifying by about 2005. Take a look at your rosters and compare them to even the early 90s. Take a look now. LSU had 3 white players starting on offense last year. Schools like TN and AR became second choices to the most elite players. That’s why the corridor has dominated the NC.

It is true Saban was a dominating recruiter and he got more of the elite players than the other corridor schools but he couldn’t get them all because of tge NCAA rules and a lot of elite players went to other team.

Language bill…don’t get so worked up

I knew you wouldn’t be able to admit lsu was a middling team until Saban turned around your fortunes. Youre the biggest homer in rivals. Its ok…It’s all good.

Dinardo hallman archer….all show it’s coaching

Saban saved lsu and you can’t even admit it

I've forgotten where the corridor is. Can someone help me out?
uWuAbOKy4_TcHTm747O6oRKhsFdrsEryPhgsw0ltqw0.gif

Language bill…don’t get so worked up

I knew you wouldn’t be able to admit lsu was a middling team until Saban turned around your fortunes. Youre the biggest homer in rivals. Its ok…It’s all good.

Dinardo hallman archer….all show it’s coaching

Saban saved lsu and you can’t even admit it
What’s so interesting is that Saban has been gone for 18 years from LSU and LSU still wins with a couple of “dog” coaches, that LSU is one of the top schools supplying talent to the NFL, wins NC and has a better than decent record and TN is winning nothing and has far fewer elite players than LSU and you still insist Saban is responsible for LSU’s success while he is building a power house at AL Then you refuse to admit the influence of the Black Players changing the demographics of football in the corridor. What a joke and you call me a homer. 18 years? What coach do you know who has influenced a football team 18 years after he was gone. LOL.

OK, where does it supposedly exist?
I-10 starting in the Houston area heading east. 75 miles north of I-10 down 10 miles south of it. Once you get to AL, the corridor expands along 65 and 85 to encompass Birmingham and Atlanta. Continuing east on 10, you get to Jacksonville, then all of the peninsula of FL becomes part of the corridor. Essentially, it's the South other than Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia. I could be off on my mileage, and there's a good chance I just made all of that up.

What’s so interesting is that Saban has been gone for 18 years from LSU and LSU still wins with a couple of “dog” coaches, that LSU is one of the top schools supplying talent to the NFL, wins NC and has a better than decent record and TN is winning nothing and has far fewer elite players than LSU and you still insist Saban is responsible for LSU’s success while he is building a power house at AL Then you refuse to admit the influence of the Black Players changing the demographics of football in the corridor. What a joke and you call me a homer. 18 years? What coach do you know who has influenced a football team 18 years after he was gone. LOL.

So you agree that Saban changed the fortunes of a middling lsu? Baby steps bill

You’re making them

According to @Bill_D , an imaginary line that only started after Saban left and black kids could make it into the tough lsu admissions

It encompasses Louisiana Georgia and Florida but not Mississippi….sometimes South Carolina except when they are bad ….and recruiting rankings or number of kids in d1 only matter when he needs them to matter

you refuse to admit the influence of the Black Players changing the demographics of football in the corridor.

@Pops Masterson apparently bill believes the 25 years of mediocrity lsu endured before Saban ….black kids weren’t playing in the sec

Bill wants us to believe black kids were t playing in the conference during the 70s 80s 90s or until Saban left

Would you set his dumb ass straight? 😂😂

West of Dallas between the Red River and Gulf east to the Atlantic coast including FL. After about 2000 this area started filling up with Black players until there was twice the number of elite players in this area. These elite players go mainly to major schools located in the corridor. The Schools outside of the corridor have less elite players. The schools inside the corridor have almost totally dominated the NC IMO it is fixing to get worse since Sark is at TX and the new regime is at A&M. Some of the players now getting out of TX north and west will stay.

@Pops Masterson apparently bill believes the 25 years of mediocrity lsu endured before Saban ….black kids weren’t playing in the sec

Bill wants us to believe black kids were t playing in the conference during the 70s 80s 90s or until Saban left

He can’t do it. Black players started at a trickle in the 60s and gradually increased until the mid 1980s when the NCAA increased the academic requitements. That slowed it down until roughlY 2000 they started qualifying rapidly and now you had twice as many players each year to pick from in the area. If you don’t believe me look at the racial blend of your teams before 1995 and look at it now. More elite ones of the new players stayed where they were in the corridor. Right now LSU has 8 black players on our offense. In 1995 it was more the other way around. As I pointed out as a result of this the major schools in the corridor almost dominate the NC.

He can’t do it. Black players started at a trickle in the 60s and gradually increased until the mid 1980s when the NCAA increased the academic requitements. That slowed it down until roughlY 2000 they started qualifying rapidly and now you had twice as many players each year to pick from in the area. If you don’t believe me look at the racial blend of your teams before 1995 and look at it now. More elite ones of the new players stayed where they were in the corridor. Right now LSU has 8 black players on our offense. In 1995 it was more the other way around. As I pointed out as a result of this the major schools in the corridor almost dominate the NC.

Bill… lsu was middling through the 80s 90s until Saban got there

That’s not really debatable

So there was no corridor until Saban (who you hate) left?

You’re such a homer 😂😂

I have offered @Bill_D several different dosages and administrations of truth and even changed methods of delivery- truth serum, truth capsules, six packs of truth, truth bombs, pure ironclad padlock steel truth.

None have worked.

Apparently all it takes for a college football team (no other sports, only football, since basketball isn’t affected whatsoever by black athletes) is to reside at a school in between imaginary geographical lines.

• Haha
I have offered @Bill_D several different dosages and administrations of truth and even changed methods of delivery- truth serum, truth capsules, six packs of truth, truth bombs, pure ironclad padlock steel truth.

None have worked.

Apparently all it takes for a college football team (no other sports, only football, since basketball isn’t affected whatsoever by black athletes) is to reside at a school in between imaginary geographical lines.

Saban didn’t change the direction of 20+ years of lsu’s mediocrity

None have worked.

Well, of course you ignore the fact that I have said is true about the about the corridor teams are not totally dominating NC. The last 20 years and more than AL. You also ignore the fact that the corridor schools supply more elite players to the NFL. You just don’t want to admit it. You need the truth serium. The difference between basketball and football is that their are only 5 players starting on a basketball team. So the more elite players are more spread out on teams. Also basketball has a different culture than Football in that it is really strong and been strong in the northern states. Also if the elite players go to a university they do not stay normally more than one year where football is at least 3 years.

Saban didn’t change the direction of 20+ years of lsu’s mediocrity
No. It actually started changing in the late 90s. With the proliferating of black players in LA qualifying academically. He won the 2001 SEC with mostly DINardo players. He nearly won in 2000, the first year he was there. Admittedly Saban made a difference but change was on the way and happening. In fact I believe they beat TN in the championship game?

The thing you are leaving out is the fact that good players win games, not coaches. A good coach can help good players do better and keep it going by getting more good players, but the fact is without good players you can’t win and with good players constantly even a mediocre coaches can look good. In fact LSU won 2 NC and played in another one with good players with a mediocre coaches, unless you want to agree that Miles and Orgeron were elite coaches. Mediocre coaches couldn’t do what they did without top players and occasional top assistants. A point. Even Auburn won a NC in the corridor with some elite players and what I would classify as a mediocre coach like Miles or Orgeron. Where was TN that year?

Last edited:
No. It actually started changing in the late 90s. With the proliferating of black players in LA qualifying academically. He won the 2001 SEC with mostly DINardo players. He nearly won in 2000, the first year he was there. Admittedly Saban made a difference but change was on the way and happening. In fact I believe they beat TN in the championship game?

The thing you are leaving out is the fact that good players win games, not coaches. A good coach can help good players do better and keep it going by getting more good players, but the fact is without good players you can’t win and with good players constantly even a mediocre coaches can look good. In fact LSU won 2 NC and played in another one with good players with a mediocre coaches, unless you want to agree that Miles and Orgeron were elite coaches. Mediocre coaches couldn’t do what they did without top players and occasional top assistants. A point. Even Auburn won a NC in the corridor with some elite players and what I woukd classify as a mediocre coach like Miles or Orgeron. Where was TN that year?
Lmaoooo

Good players win games, not coaches? That really explains Bama winning the SEC in 1999, being preseason ranked #3 in 2000, favorite to win SEC, 7 preseason all Americans… and going 3-8 under Mike Dubose.

Not to mention all those great LSU teams that Less Miles had that lost games because he shit all over himself while he was eating grass and thinking about raping coeds.

You wild.

• Wow
Lmaoooo

Good players win games, not coaches? That really explains Bama winning the SEC in 1999, being preseason ranked #3 in 2000, favorite to win SEC, 7 preseason all Americans… and going 3-8 under Mike Dubose.

Not to mention all those great LSU teams that Less Miles had that lost games because he shit all over himself while he was eating grass and thinking about raping coeds.

You wild.
You repeated exactly what I said. Les Miles and Orgeron are mediocre coaches who lost a key game now and then but the program was great with good players. But there is not much difference in the quality of the elite players based on different yeas on what both schools sent to the NFL. They are both ranking one and two in number of players in the NFL alternately in different years. In the last 18 years LSU has strong personnel player programs while TN has had only one decent one. Only a few top elite players compared to corridor schools.who had the same mediocre coaches but way higher quality of players. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT