ADVERTISEMENT

Substate Predictions

Oct 23, 2008
Who is everyone predicting to win? I'll go with the following.

Substate 1 = SC North
Substate 2 = Cedar Falls (Is Waterloo West for real?)
Substate 3 = IC West (This will be the substate to keep an eye on. Kennedy and Wash could just as easily come out of this group.)
Substate 4 = Bettendorf
Substate 5 = Pleasant Valley
Substate 6 = DSM Hoover
Substate 7 = Johnston (I think they upset Ames. Johnston is playing its best soccer right now)
Substate 8 = Ankeny (Ankeny vs. Valley could be the state championship game.)

With the top 5 teams in the state being placed in two substates, I think the state champion will come from either Substate 3 or Substate 8.
This post was edited on 5/28 11:22 AM by Goal Scorer
This post was edited on 5/28 2:20 PM by Goal Scorer

Interesting pick in Substate 6.

I think if Dowling can past Lincoln, they should be able to beat the Hoover-Roosevelt winner. I know that Hoover won at Dowling by one goal earlier in the season, but Dowling has improved greatly since then. Still don't think Dowling get past Lincoln, though.

DM Hoover will play the rest of the season without Husref Jupic due to a broken Ankle.

Norwalk loses tonight to Dallas Center Grimes.
This post was edited on 5/28 10:42 PM by 4_1A_2_Nv

Originally posted by Goal Scorer:
No kidding. Both teams are ranked in the Top 4 by the coaches and both had resounding wins Thursday. This game should have been scheduled for the state semifinals instead of the substate finals.

i would say no roondawg.they were never going to win 3-0.with hus they wouldve lost just as they did earlier in the season.now that hes out...i honestly cant make a prediction beyond saying it will go into OT

Substate 1 = SC North
Substate 2 = Cedar Falls (Is Waterloo West for real?)
Substate 3 = IC West (This will be the substate to keep an eye on. Kennedy and Wash could just as easily come out of this group.)
Substate 4 = Bettendorf
Substate 5 = Pleasant Valley
Substate 6 = DSM Hoover
Substate 7 = Johnston (I think they upset Ames. Johnston is playing its best soccer right now)

Pretty solid picks there, Goal Scorer. Watch out for Davenport Central and Ames.

Picking IOWA CITY WEST was a no brainer. Heck, CR Kennedy couldn't even get to the match up in the substate Final with IC West.

wow arrogant much?i thought hoover would play better then that.dont make the dowling stereotype true.be better then that dude and grow up

Substate 4 = Bettendorf holds to win it 4-3 over Dubuque Hempstead
Substate 5 = Davenport Central wins 2-0 against Pleasant Valley

Hey smallballa, time to jump on the Dowling Express. Look for Dowling to put another wax job on Ames Thursday by a 3-0 or 4-0 score.

roondawg, I don't believe you are really a Dowling fan. No Dowling fan is that cocky.

Dowling beat Ames 4-2 in May. Both teams have won five-straight games after that. It will be a close game. Go Maroons!!!

well Miley "Eyecy"rus, confidence is not being cocky. Look for the Ames fans to be chanting "Let's play basketball" near the end of the match.

yeah youre right confidence isnt cockiness.arrogance, on the other hand, is, which is exactly what youre showing here.you need to grow up or shut up because youre just making yourself look like a jackass each time you post.

Originally posted by roondawg:
well Miley "Eyecy"rus, confidence is not being cocky. Look for the Ames fans to be chanting "Let's play basketball" near the end of the match.
You posted that at 8:31 p.m.
Isn't that past your bed time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT