ADVERTISEMENT

Substate Bracket #6

damn. its too bad pella didnt have the team they did last year with the substate bracket they got this year!

norwalk has gilbert, ballard, and bondurant who lost one game last year which was the only one that counted early in substate.

bracket #7 is probably one of the toughest brackets in the tourney with teams such as Norwalk, Bondurant, Perry, Nevada, and Ballard(Huxley)

Bracket #4 is tough as well as with Xaiver, Mt. Vernon/Lisbon, Regina, and Solon. Bracket #3 being fairly light with mainly Wahlert and then Assumption.

lately we just haven't been coming out on fire. I don't know if it's just us thinking oh it's just so and so team we don't have to play hard or what. We controlled the ball well, just didn't hustle much until we realized we could be eliminated. Tama scored first on a one-on-one and then we scored less than 2 minutes later and let down again. We finished it early in OT

13 wins and 1 loss and I hear you lost to Centerville, Pella you blew a golden path to State. Is Centerville that good or is Pella that bad?

i was at the game...it was very obvious that centerville is very improved...even tho they dont have the most skilled players, they knew where they were supposed to be on the field. pella on the other hand was obviously the stronger team. they got unlucky on some chances but had others to get goals. pella is a very good team that made some costly mistakes. time and time again in this great sport we see giants fall even tho they control the game. props to centerville. they worked hard and are enjoying the ride of their lives.

Wishing luck to centerville on your state trip, as we might see you in the first round. Will be a good first round game.

QuincyG, could you explain what happened in this game? I am kind of curious how it went, whether you dominated the game and they just finished their chances, or whether centerville straight up upset you all?

well, we started off strong and had several good looks early, but just couldn't finish. A few even went off the post. Centerville got the ball on our side and got it to the 18 where they took a shot and I dove left with a fairly easy save coming up and like a good teammate should do to help a goalie one of our players stuck their foot out to block the shot and it deflected the other way off his foot and to the opposite corner of the goal. Centerville not being dumb decided to start packing fudge in their box with three people on the ball the entire time when the ball was within shooting range and had just about 2 people up top. We dominated possesion literally around 75-80% and had around five times as many shots as them. 2nd goal came late second half when they just sent it long and outran us for a one-on-one. that was probably the only time the ball was on our half the entire 2nd half. so frustrating

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT