ADVERTISEMENT

Storm Lake

Mar 29, 2007
Does anyone know how storm lake is doing? i heard that they are only 8 starters all the rest are out becuase of the grades.
This post was edited on 4/25 5:49 PM by chivas1308if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Storm Lake is very down this year. They have a pretty good goalie but they arent doing very much on the offensive side. Here are some of their results
L 2-1 Dension (OT)
L 3-1 Spencer
L 3-2 Sioux City West
L 1-0 Spirit Lake Park Okoboji (2OT)
L 9-0 Spencer

Im not sure when they lost their 6 starters but I know for sure they were there for the first 2 games.

but once they got their starters back do you think they be able to go to state becuase i have a friend in storm lake high school said that they be able to go to state this year again after they get their starters back wat do you guys think

I dont believe they are nearly as good as they were last year and even then i was shocked that they made state. They had one real good scoring threat in that #10 guy last year but he is gone. Spencer is on a tear this year and i think they will take that substate this year.

do you think storm lake will be a threat once they get their starters back or they wont? can they win their substate and go to state again or is that just a dream... their substate doesnt look that tough
This post was edited on 4/25 5:40 PM by chivas1308if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This is how I think that this substate will end up. The Top half of this bracket is very weak. Sioux City Heelan and Denison will be playing in the semifinals. The bottom half of this bracket is overall much stronger. Hull shouldnt have any trouble with Humboldt in the first round.

Unity Christian seems to be a pretty good team this year but I havent seen them yet this year. Spencer I have seen 3 different times so far this year. They been a tear so far this year with a very young team. Mostly sophomores with a few upperclassman. Sophomore Alex Toay has been playing really well this year with 17 goals in their 6 games. Their sophomore goalie is solid and very tough to score on. I have played against these Spencer kids many times and they are extremely cocky. So if they continue playing this good they will get a big head and somebody could upset them. I will give the game against Unity to Spencer. So the Quaterfinal games are Storm Lake/Hull and Harlan/Spencer.

I give the game to Hull. They will continue to get better and I think they will beat Storm Lake in a close game. Storm Lake just doesnt have a good enough offensive threat to score goals. Harlan went to state last year but so far based on this years scores I think they must have graduated a lot of seniors. I give this game to Spencer.

Semis
Heelan/Denison- Denison beat Heelan 2-1 already this season but I think that Heelan is just going to continue to get better. I think they pull this one out comes substate time. Spencer/Hull- I think Spencer wins this one by 3 goals. Hull is a decent team but not nearly enough power to stop them.

I think that Spencer pulls out this substate too and goes to state this year. They are a very young and cocky and i do think they can be beat very easily. In no way are they unstoppable but the team has played together for a lot of years together for the most part.

define cocky im from spencer couldnt be prouder dont get all mad and say were cocky just cuz we put 7 goals down on you and toay didnt even score and you think were so cocky NO its called confidence. you guys had one good year and thats all you beat us in a scrimmage then you post that i dont see you posting the 7-1 beating you suffered

I dont play at Spirit Lake anymore...I graduated and go to college at BV. If you didnt read my post I predicted you to win your substate. You have a lot of talent this year and Toay is on in absolute tear. Let me guess you are Scottie Pruitt. I have a lot respect for the spencer soccer program. Ben is a great coach and continues to put a good team on the field. My view of you guys being cocky stems from playing against the sophomore grade in indoor soccer and last year. Spencer is known as a cocky school so dont take it personal. You are having a great year so far.
This post was edited on 4/26 3:03 PM by SLP-O-8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

no i am not scottie and we were freshman when we beat you when you were seniors dont get on saying were cocky. when you dont no anything about us. you dont no what weve done where weve been. and how good we are. we are not cocky we went into the game respecting you and why do you always post spencers scores when you arent from here. yet you dont post our score beating you some jealousy there? the thing that makes us as good as we are is we are all friends your lucky we didnt play all sophmores against you. and your in college so why are you still in here and why do you post a scrimmage when we played half benchwarmers the whole time. good luck the rest of the season

WOW - He's been very complimentary toward Spencer and their talent. I think you just proved what he was saying as being correct.

since when has spencer been a cocky school? dont u have to win things to be cocky? whats the last thing they've won and in what sport? wrestling?

You don't have to win anything to have a cocky attitude...It's just usually more accepted if you win a lot.

I just think the guy was pointing out that they may have a tendency to become overconfident (cocky may not have been the correct word) which may make them relax and thats when you tend to get beat.

Norwack- You have to been from around the NW Iowa area or the Lakes Conference to understand why Spencer is considered cocky.

Lafawnda- In what way am I making a bad rep for spirit lake. I complimented your team. If your not Pruitt than why dont you go ahead and say who you are...BTW most of the people on all these forums are out of high school.
This post was edited on 4/26 3:05 PM by SLP-O-8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Spencer hasnt won any state titles recently, but are in no way cocky. Spirit Lake, on the other hand, has done some of the cockiest celebrations ive ever seen. Spirit Lake kids- do you remember last year when you beat us and held up a WWE championship belt? I also believe after scoring your LONE goal this year against us in an actual game the scoring player did a flip. Thats cocky... now you tell me what any of our players have done so far this year to come off as cocky. And dont give me any "i was just generalizing how other Lakes Conference teams view you"... because i could generalize and say the whole Lakes Conference views Spirit Lake as the worst team since the conference has started.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT