ADVERTISEMENT

State qualifying meets

Rudderless

Freshman
Mar 5, 2009
Is there a website to review all of the results from the state qualifying meets last night? In this day and age, with all of the information available on the internet, it's weak sauce that the boys and girls athletic associations can't put those up.
(I know the state qualifiers will be posted later today, but that doesn't give you information on times run or non-qualifier results at the "districts")

Agreed, Ive been looking all across the internet for results, weird with everything being computerized that results from districts are posted on the association websites.

Might try radio station websites. Storm Lake radio has complete results from two districts, Manson and Sioux Center.

Also, sometimes school websites post them (BCIG did). Iowa Newspapers website links to all of the states newspapers.

I think the state tries to keep all the results under wraps because invariably, there are mistakes in the printing of results, or people do not think/know how to account for FAT times and as a result they think they qualified and did not, and then the offices get complaints...... etc.

I agree though, they should be available.

I will do my bit to help out (1A Lake Mills district):

http://globegazette.com/sports/prep-track-area-athletes-earn-way-to-state/article_8980767e-9b23-11e1-8e2a-0019bb2963f4.html

Ive been out of the loop for awhile, do most schools have the FAT timing system now that districts were ran at, our is that just a requirement to host districts anymore? Probably stupid questions but wouldnt mind knowing :)

Also this website is supposed to have results from quite a bit of meets across the state, only one is up at the moment: http://ia.milesplit.com/
This post was edited on 5/11 10:37 AM by cancer stick

Waukon: Great link!

Everyone: The Fearsome Eagle Beastettes are for real! I believe they could take State.

I'm not so sure the state would (is) happy if they find out Decorah put the results on aspimeetz...NOBODY else has. It's great for us fans though--would be even better if everyone did it!! You know they could if they wanted to, but maybe the state doesn't want the meet directors to do it. I noticed the DMRegister didn't even have all the results from meets in the metro area. They only listed 1st and 2nd place in the few who sent results anyway.

It would be nice to have the results available on ASPI. But, I will say the state did do a very nice job on the turnaround of getting qualifier lists posted as quickly as they did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT