ADVERTISEMENT

State Meet - Girls Class 1A

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
It's going to be interesting to see if any team can beat Griswold this year.

Griswold's Rebekah Topham is going to be the heavy favorite to win the 1500 and 3000, while being a slight favorite in the 800. Griswold has two girls back from their relay teams that could place on their own or team up with Topham in a relay.

In most years it takes 40+ pts to win the team title. What other teams might have a chance?

Here's a few others to watch for.
- Belle Plaine
- LeMars Gehlen Catholic
- Valley of Elgin
- North Linn

Topham is a complete stud. I believe that puts Griswold as the favorites with her in there, if they can get a few points from a relay or two or maybe another individual.

Have to include Woodward Granger in there as a top contender. They should clean up in their district and have quite a few top relays.

Belle Plaine will be a solid contender but I don't see them winning however. State runner-up last year if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see what events Emily Toennies will run for the Lady Plainsmen. I'm predicting the 200, 400, 4x400 and Sprint Medley. Don't be surprised to see her run in the 100 instead of the 4x400. One of the best in the state no doubt and it all runs through her for BP.

After watching BP at their home district meet I am putting my money on BP. Toennies is a gamer & could net them 34 - 40 points. The Long girl is on the outside looking in & could get them a couple of extra points in the 200 & 400. Can Griswold score more than 40 points?

Griswold is tough with Topham in her four events, but even though she's the top in her four events, I wouldn't be surprised if she only wins the 1500 and 3000. The 800 and 400h will be very close races.

North Linn, Belle Plaine, Woodward-Granger, Clayton-Ridge and NW-Webster all have at least one top tier runner that could score them 20+ pts not including the relays.

Can't forget about the Fearsome Eagle Beastettes!!!!!!
3dgrin.gif

Jasmine Staebler - freshman at Clayton Ridge - First in 400, anchored sprint med relay to 1A state record and first place, Second in 800, anchored 4 x 800 team to 8th place finish. Phenomenal performance for a freshman!

Congrats to the Griswold Tigers and they return all their point earners. Could be back to back x5.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT