ADVERTISEMENT

Some Big Saturday Scores 1/17

EastIowaHawk

All District
Jan 6, 2008
Ankeny Centennial 56, Linn-Mar 55 (Two of the 4A best in a nail-biter)
Dub. Hempstead 67, Central Clinton, DeWitt 31 (Martell Wilson is back! for 9-1 Hempstead)
Western Dubuque 73, Cedar Rapids Washington 59 (Bobcats starting to jell)
Waverly- Shell Rock 57, LaCrosse WI Aquinas 54 (Go- Hawks take out WI private school)
CR Xavier 65, WDM Dowling 54 (Anybody still think I am crazy for saying that the Saints are going to make a run for the 3A title? 4A #2 goes down)
Cascade 66, Tipton 38
CB Abe Lincoln 65, Atlantic 57 (CBAL also beat SC Heelan Friday night)
Pella 68, PCM 53
Spirit Lake 68, Okoboji Milford 59 (Two big wins in a row for Kreiner and crew)
Keokuk 70, Illini West IL 69
Central Decatur/Leon 54, Interstate 35/Truro 51
This post was edited on 1/17 10:17 PM by EastIowaHawk

Jonny Dahl with 33 points to lead Keokuk to the win over Illini West. Good bounce-back game for the Chiefs after the loss to Fort Madison last night.

I think Waverly- Shell Rock could take down quite a few 4A teams in Iowa, too. I would guess that #1 Caledonia is about our 3A- 2A level? Next Saturday at the Wendy's Classic at Loras College in Dubuque the Go-Hawks of Waverly will meet 4A Western Dubuque in a game I hope to see. It features two D1 commits/offers (Haldeman/Pfyfe)-- both UNI. Waverly won last year and this year it should be a close, tough game again. Anybody have any info on guard Jake Velky-- as to which colleges are interested in him?

This post was edited on 1/18 7:12 PM by EastIowaHawk

Caledonia would be a 2A school in Iowa.. They finished 3rd in state last year and have a lot of guards who can flat out shoot it.. Including a Freshman that played Varsity as an 8th grader last year Owen King..

Jake Velky has had some amazing offers from a handful of colleges. He is a kid with a good head on his shoulders and is waiting for that right academic fit as well as athletic fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT