ADVERTISEMENT

Solon man arrested for extorting Regina coaches

I have learned that if you don't make false accusations and threats and don't commit fraud you won't be mentioned in a negative light very much.

Roundmound has me pretty much figured out. I thought the link was pretty TMZish but would you expect from KCJJ. Some of my questions were met to be a little far off. The guy probably doesn't deserve being defended, but he sure doesn't deserve the constant public bashing. Neither crimes were hardly the crimes of the century. But if some Regina fans feel good about themselves by keeping him in the limelight, well then good on ya brother

You mean when you constantly reply that adds nothing to the thread. Yes, it is like deja vu

Are you referring to the post that pointed out that if the individual hadn't committed the crimes he wouldn't face the scrutiny he has or the repeated postyou had? Just looking for some clarity here.

The one that you said if he didn't send letters we wouldn't talk about him. What a revelation. No, I was referring to a couple of your other posts.

all of this talk and nobody has addressed the real issue....how come kids at Regina are taking steroids?

I am sure the post police will be here soon to critique whether these 'bump' posts are contributing to this thread or nor. Better watch out.

The guy from Solon has some issues - I feel for his family (especially the kids).

You can't pick your family...

Oh and - BUMP

I can only hope and dream to be as awesome as some on this board. I am humbled that some of the legendary posters on this board allow me to post my thoughts on what is probably considered hallowed ground by them. I can continue to strive to come close to their level but in the end I realize that the reality is that I will pale in comparison. Post on O' great ones, show the path for the rest of us.

IOWA CITY ? The Solon man behind the Regina steroid hoax has pleaded guilty to harassment and interference with official acts. According to court documents, on Thursday, 44-year-old Daniel L. Stone entered the guilty plea. In exchange, the state will recommend that Stone be fined $500 for the two charges and pay surcharges and court costs. Stone was arrested last month for letters he sent to Regina last year. According to the Iowa City Police Department, Stone sent letters to Regina administrators which claimed coaches there had been giving football players steroids since 2010. The letters, which claimed to be penned by an organization calling itself Regina Parents for Responsible Athletics, accused Regina staff of not taking action and said that if certain demands were not met, the steroid accusations would be sent to the media. When the Regina administration did not cave to those demands, the letters were released to multiple media outlets. Police have said there was no truth to the accusations that Regina student-athletes were being supplied with steroids. The case went without an arrest until DNA evidence allegedly linked Stone to the letters. Stone was arrested and also charged with interference with official acts, a simple misdemeanor. Stone initially demanded a jury trial and was scheduled to go to trial on Sept. 9. Still pending is a case against Stone brought by the Johnson County attorney's Office. According to the sheriff's office, in 2012, Stone obtained two bank loans with income documents that had either been forged or had inaccurate information. Stone was charged earlier this month with two counts of fraudulent practices, a Class C felony. Each count carries a potential 10 year sentence. An arraignment for the fraudulent practices charges has not yet been scheduled.

Guilty

Why do people just keep posting in this thread, I just don't get it
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I'll roll this bad boy along some more. Thank goodness this knob is an exception, not the norm, for not only Solon fans, but fans in general. However, maybe all of us, MYSELF included can take a positive from this. Maybe we need to take a deep breath, relax, and settle down. My God, this is hs athletics for heaven's sake. I am not only a coach, but a parent. I want the best for my kids and athletes. I want them to work hard, be good students, be responsible citizens, grow into caring adults, and successful in their sport. But we cannot take ourselves or their success/failures too seriously. Yes, they put in a lot of sweat and tears. They bust their tales, and it hurts to see them not achieve their goals. Hey, it isn't the end of the world. And if they win a state title, it better not be their greatest accomplishment in life when all is said and done. I honestly hope this fella gets the help he needs. I pray people leave his family alone, they are not to blame.

One of the best speeches I have seen was by a coach of a team that had just won a state championship in one of the more dominating seasons. He told the players to use this accomplishment as a springboard to become great fathers, brothers, sons etc. Nothing really about the game and the session, all about what you bring to society going forward.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
One of the best speeches I have seen was by a coach of a team that had just won a state championship in one of the more dominating seasons. He told the players to use this accomplishment as a springboard to become great fathers, brothers, sons etc. Nothing really about the game and the session, all about what you bring to society going forward.

No doubt one of those private catholic schools.

Fairly certain the message is the important part...now if he were talking summer baseball... :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT