ADVERTISEMENT

Should I email coaches, asking them about their team?

collespm

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
I run the Iowa High School Sports Power Ranking pages on twitter, and recently i was thinking about making a season preview magazine for Class 4A football, like the ones for the NFL/FBS. I want to get more into detail with my school previews. I’m not talking stuff like the team’s full depth chart or anything. I just want stuff like the teams base offense and defense formations, the school’s offensive and defensive coordinators, maybe some players from last year’s sophomore/jv teams that could start this year.

Now i’m new at this so i’m wondering if any coaches are willing to give me info through email, and/or if there’s any regulations against coaches for giving away certain information about the team to independent parties like myself.

I'd imagine they're very busy especially when it comes to having to write emails, being that most of them are teachers. Just focus on a certain conference/area and attend practices and games.

Most coaches are too busy (and paranoid about scouting) at this juncture to respond to inquiries. Sometimes you can get a lot of info by checking their local paper for a season preview which most have about a week before the season starts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT