ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Round Prediction & Discussion

high90school

Freshman
Sep 17, 2012
Only two games to pick from this week and they both have the billing to be great contests.

Don Bosco vs Adair Casey
Newell Fonda vs Exira-Elk Horn Kimballton

Don Bosco vs Adair Casey
The first matchup pairs up a team that was in teh same time and place last year in this game against historically one of the best 8 man teams in the state. Don Bosco made an impressive run last year and are looking to claim so unfinished business after finishing runner up last season. Led by QB Jake Hogan, Don Bosco is looking to score score score. While we hear so much about the Don Bosco offense, the defense also has really been stepping up big as of late, only holding to the potent Springville offense to 20 points last week. They will really be tested this week against the powerful Adair Casey running attack led by the states all time rushing leader in Clayton Plowman. Adair is on pace to break the national scoring record, held by the 2011 Fremont Mills team, if they can keep putting up points the way they have all season long. Again this game has the makings to be a shootout. I am going to be going with the Dons to make a repeat visit to the state finals again this year as I feel they have a better defense that will be able to slow down the Bomber offense and a more battle tested squad that has had to play some tight contests and knows what it takes to win those. Dons with the victory.

Newell Fonda vs Exira-EHK
Another game with a familiar face, Exira EHK also making a return visit to the dome this season led by the states leading scoring defense (10.72 pts per contest). They will look to ride that defense and force turnovers which they have done very well this year giving that potent three headed monster in the back field with Peppers, Peppers and Sander short fields to work with. Newell looks to counter that with the power rushing attack from Brady Bohe. Rushing for almost 2000 yards in 12 contests, they will look to run thru over and around you with him and the quarterback Gabe Podraza. This in my opinion will be the better of the two contests as the two teams meeteing are both strength vs strength. Newell I feel is the better squad as they play in what many argue as the toughest district in the state and have fought close games this year and are very hungry after just missing out on what was a trip to the dome last year. Newell with the W in a very close and VERY physical game for 48 minutes. This game should live up to the billing its making out to be.

I will take DB in the first semi-final game. I believe Hogan will be too much in the end and the Dons will prevail 52-45.
In the second game I will take NF. As you said high90 they are hungry for a title and they have been more battle tested. NF 35-30.

Don Bosco vs Adair Casey - Look for another high scoring game like DB had last year against Murray. Has either team ever heard of something called defense? I guess it doesn't matter when you score every possession. To much Jake Hogan in this one.

Newell Fonda vs Exira-Elk Horn Kimballton - I would say hungry is an understatement after watching the MMC game slip away and then see them roll through E-EHK and DB last season. E-EHK got embarassed last year by MMC and they are out to prove they are better than that. Should be a good one.

Anyone know if these games will be on tv?

I like NF to win it all and win a title for Wilken and a well deserved title. NW Iowa 8 man football is just that much better and until someone can prove otherwise that's how it's going to play out in my prediction. Everybody saw what happened last year when MMC got to the dome....wax jobs and neither game was even close. Looked like 1 seed playing a 4 seed in the first round. Best of luck to the Mustangs and coach Wilken. Gabe Podraza was really good in Marcus Friday night. I love their line play. Very active and physical.

Originally posted by buck_1006:

Don Bosco vs Adair Casey - Look for another high scoring game like DB had last year against Murray. Has either team ever heard of something called defense? I guess it doesn't matter when you score every possession. To much Jake Hogan in this one.

Newell Fonda vs Exira-Elk Horn Kimballton - I would say hungry is an understatement after watching the MMC game slip away and then see them roll through E-EHK and DB last season. E-EHK got embarassed last year by MMC and they are out to prove they are better than that. Should be a good one.

Anyone know if these games will be on tv?
You mean like holding one of the highest scoring offenses in the state to 2 offensive TDs? Holding a kid who averaged over 14 YPC and nearly 60 TDs to 83 yds on 23 carries and 0 TDs? Other than that, no they don't play defense
wink.r191677.gif

Took the words right out of my mouth nationgago, and hey high90school glad you finally jumped ship and picked Bosco after picking us to loose the last two weeks in a row. No surprise I'm picking Bosco to win, but I'm not seeing a shoot out. I'll take Bosco 56 Adair 28. No disrespect to Adair they look to be a pretty solid football team, and there's no doubt Plowman is a stud. Bosco is just firing on all cylinders, and there defense is ready for the challenge of slowing Plowman.

I know I havent seen them play this year. I'm sure they have improved. Just going by the fact that they had a pretty good defense last season until they went to the dome and played some real teams. Murray and MMC did whatever they wanted all game long.

They proved me wrong enough where I feel they have a good chance this week. Not saying the dons dont have a good defense, the adair casey running attack is like no other they will have seen all year long. Don Bosco I feel will have no problem scoring on that defense as I feel its been attacked and scored upon by a lot of teams that dont have near the firepower that Don Bosco does. If they can get a couple three stops or get a few turnovers and score off them, they should be in very good shape at the end of the game.

I am very confident Bosco can play with any team in the state. There championship game last year was not a good representation of their ability. They fell behind early, and things snowballed in that game. They are more athletic at the linebacker position, they are real good on the line, on both sides of the ball, and Hogan can flat out play the game. Another overlooked part of this team is how deep they are, they have several sophomores and juniors making contributions on the line, and at their skilled positions. They have played a huge role in Boscos success this year, and will keep Bosco rolling for the next few years. They are well coached, and hungry to redeem themselves from last years loss in the championship game.

I'm with Johnny on this one. Seeing how MMC (just as easily could have been NF) rolled through the dome a season ago makes me think that the winner of NF / EEHK takes the ship. NF vs EEHK a season ago would have been a blowout in NFs favor but seeing how they lost a lot from last years squad and how EEHK looks better than last year makes it an intriguing matchup. I will go with NF 35-26. I will take AC in the other one 56-54.

Newell struggles against athletic QBs and I believe Peppers will be too much to handle. Bosco is hungry for another shot at holding the gold and I'll pick them to make it to the title game. EHK Exira vs. Don Bosco

SEMIS
Don Bosco vs Adair Casey 56-46
Newell Fonda vs Exira-Elk Horn Kimballton 48-36

FINALS
Don Bosco vs Exira-Elk Horn Kimballton 52-40[/B]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT