ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Final Predictions

I for-see St. Ansgar and West Hancock winning comfortably.

Last time I predicted a winning margin, I had STA over Earlham by 14.......boy was I wrong.....

Reactions: uiuppp
I think both scores will be closer than many predict. Woodbury throws the ball well and in the dome thats a bonus.
Grundy plays solid defense and can throw as well.

I still think its St Ansgar vs West Hancock but both semifinals will be 17 pt margins or less

I think both scores will be closer than many predict. Woodbury throws the ball well and in the dome thats a bonus.
Grundy plays solid defense and can throw as well.

I still think its St Ansgar vs West Hancock but both semifinals will be 17 pt margins or less
I think saint ansgar should handle Grundy center. Grundy Center is simply just out manned in that match up. Any idea if Woodbury can give WH a run for it’s money? wouldn't surprise me one bit if WH wins by 40 but I know all WH defensive backs are mostly lower class men so that should help Woodbury if they decide to pass basically the whole game.

West Hancock vs. Woodbury Central. I'll take WH 36-12. WC's passing attack will keep them in it for a while. WH will start blitzing and getting to the QB.

St. Ansgar vs. Grundy Center. I like SA in this one 29-14. I thought the Earlham game would be closer; could be a worse looking score but GC is pretty tough on D. Just not enough to last 48 minutes with St. Ansgar.

I don't know why this Saint Ansgar defense just keeps getting underrated each week. Took a team with over 4,000 rushing yards and held them to under 100.....

I guess time will tell.....

Reactions: Anonymous2003
St. Ansgar is struggling to cover the pass...serious question have they played anyone who has passed all year or is it all run up there?

GC has definitely answered the call on defense and STA looks abysmal on defense. No clue why they keep running man, GC is light years faster in space. Let's see if Clevenger can make some adjustments.

Reactions: NWIAorBUST
St. A cannot cover the pass at all.....then when they finally do cover it perfectly they get an an AWFUL PI called on them...let the boys decide the game stripes

That was a tough PI call. But, STA is literally making about every wrong call you could do. You haven't been able to stop GC's offense so after you score you pooch kick it to the 40? Idiotic. They continually run no Safety help over the top. Idiotic.

Reactions: falconfanx3
Not a huge fan of that onside kick call either. Incredible field pos now for Grundy. Even if they hold them they have to go the entire length of the field with a run heavy offense.

Holy BORING Offense Batman for SA. Sievert is a tank though, not sure I would say he is a great back, but lumbering beast with no quit in him.

And the GC are always helping up the SA kids, but not the other way around.

Reactions: falconfanx3
this is where not being able to pass at all kills teams. Being one dimensional works when you're dominant and or ahead. But when you get slowed down or need to hurry up it just kills you

Not a huge fan of that onside kick call either. Incredible field pos now for Grundy. Even if they hold them they have to go the entire length of the field with a run heavy offense.

Seivert is a good back, a bruiser, but not a great back. More scheme. I like him better on defense. Very physical kid

Reactions: Zowwy21
Just another example of a one dimensional team not being able to dominate like they could against inferior district opponents. That comes back on coaching all day as it was clear STA has enough athletes to throw the ball.

STA did not look like they have done enough to generate other offense to compliment the big fullback, they should have been able to hit big plays with everyone keyed on him. Also on D, they looked like a D whose own team has little throwing ability to practice against and who looked like a duck out of water vs a spread team.

STA did not look like they have done enough to generate other offense to compliment the big fullback, they should have been able to hit big plays with everyone keyed on him. Also on D, they looked like a D whose own team has little throwing ability to practice against and who looked like a duck out of water vs a spread team.

Normally after having success with the full back they will then fake hand offs to him and try the misdirection thing. We saw in the second quarter that wasn't going to work today.

Also cant commit bonehead penalties like St. Ansgar did today and expect to win a game like this. Definitely lost the field position battle as well.

When I was in school one of the assistants coaches would always bring up three aspects to win games. These being special teams, big plays/turnovers, and penalties. You win 2 of these three and you are probably going to win the game. Grundy Center won all three today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT