Cardinal Eldon 0-8 1-11

Saturdays Games

Danville 82 Mediapolis 52
Holy Trinity 37 Waco 36
Mount Pleasant 66 Central Lee 29
New London 88 Wapello 70
L&M 57 Cardinal Eldon 32

Martin 26 points for Danville
Perkins 15 pts and 2 dunks for Danville (info from the Burlington Hawkeye)

Danville 7-0, 11-0
West Burlington 7-1, 8-3
New London 4-3, 6-5
Van Buren 4-3, 5-4
Notre Dame 4-3 7-4
Holy Trinity 2-6 3-6
Central Lee 1-6 2-8
Cardinal Eldon 0-8 1-12

Last edited:
I figured after the Soukup era Danville would wither away into mediocrity. I hear they have big strong kids that can play.
The twins were great players here in Southeast no doubt about it.. Danville has survived nicely. After the twins graduated they played in a substate game and lost to Easton Valley and last year took 4th at state.. This year they are bigger but the style is the same, alot of pressing and fastbreaking but they do have a power game inside as well.

Honestly, I thought it was going to be a lot more uglier than 82-52, Good luck to the Bears.
Mepo looking like they have some future kids to look forward to - the JV played strong and with the Sullivan kid getting eligible soon, they will compete well. Good luck to you guys as well!

1A District 8
Danville
New London
Burlington Notre Dame
Holy Trinity
Lone Tree
IMS
Waco
Highland
Winfield Mt. Union

Tuesday's SEISC Games
Notre Dame @ Danville
Central Lee @ Van Buren
Holy Trinity @ New London
Stark County IL at West Burlington (non division game)

Standings going into 1/12/16
Danville 7-0, 11-0
West Burlington 6-1, 8-3
New London 4-3, 6-5
Van Buren 4-3, 5-4
Notre Dame 4-3 7-4
Holy Trinity 2-5 3-6
Central Lee 1-6 2-8
Cardinal Eldon 0-7 1-12
Conference records have been corrected

I had enough at halftime of the Danville/BND game.....60-28 at half. I didn't think BND would get blasted off the court like that and give up a hundred points.

Tuesday's SEISC Games
Danville 103 Notre Dame 73
Central Lee 63 Van Buren 49
New London 53 Holy Trinity 42

Kolton Jackson 23 points Danville
Kaleb Haeffner 18 points Danville
Mitch Martin 17 Points Danville
Danville had six players in double figures
Rick Galle 23 points Central Lee
Scorers from The Burlington Hawkeye

Danville 8-0, 12-0
West Burlington 6-1, 8-3
New London 5-3, 7-5
Van Buren 4-4, 5-5
Notre Dame 4-4 7-5
Holy Trinity 2-6 3-7
Central Lee 2-6 3-8
Cardinal Eldon 0-7 1-12

I had enough at halftime of the Danville/BND game.....60-28 at half. I didn't think BND would get blasted off the court like that and give up a hundred points.
That was classic BND lack of discipline.....duel technicals, Williams has to ride the pines for most of the first half.

I've been hearing hype up here in Cedar Rapids about this kid coming to UNI to play football. My gut feeling is he won't last a year with the program. You have nailed it NA....it seems to be a reoccurring theme.....no discipline. You'd think after 3 years of varsity sports, the coaches could stop a lot of this. NA, I'll be in town for the IMS game. Laffoon against Gingerich. this should be entertaining.

I'm curious about the North/South split. With Van Buren/Harmony joining, and Maharishi giving up, it is still 10 in the North and 8 in the South right? Any discussion of moving a team from the North to the South in the future, or are they just going to stay with what they have?

I'm curious about the North/South split. With Van Buren/Harmony joining, and Maharishi giving up, it is still 10 in the North and 8 in the South right? Any discussion of moving a team from the North to the South in the future, or are they just going to stay with what they have?

I have been told that Waco is moving south to even the divisions at 9 a piece... but I can't confirm that

SEISC Games today Friday 1/15
Central Lee @ New London
West Burlington @ Notre Dame (important for West Burlington to keep pace with Danville)
Danville @ Holy Trinity (Danville looks to maintain a one game edge in the conference race)
Van Buren@ Cardinal

Danville 8-0, 12-0
West Burlington 6-1, 8-3
New London 5-3, 7-5
Van Buren 4-4, 7-5
Notre Dame 4-4 7-5
Holy Trinity 2-6 3-7
Central Lee 2-6 3-8
Cardinal Eldon 0-7 1-12

It is down a little bit.. There are not as many really good players and combine that with Danville, Van Buren and Holy Trinity, all graduated at least three starters and 5 seniors each and u have conference down a little bit.. Teams like New London are on a youth movement and their young players are really good. Central Lee has a couple really good young players. West Burlington has many talented juniors and they are better then years past. Notre Dame is very dangerous team and I don't think they have played well as a unit as of yet.

Consider this as well, Harmony and Fairfield Maharishi are no longer in the mix so team have had to go find replacements games. Notre Dame filled some of those games with Quincy Notre Dame, Highland and Winfield Mt. Union. Danville picked up WMU, Mepo and IMS. West Burlington picked up Mepo, Pekin and Highland. The South Division has dramatically improved its strength of schedule. The four gimmes are gone and are replaced by quality teams across the division

Fridays SEISC scores
Notre Dame 55 West Burlington 46 (WB loss leaves them 2 games behind Danville)
New London 54 Central lee 46
Danville 66 Holy Trinity 53 (Win gives them a 2 game lead over WB)
Van Buren 68 Cardinal Eldon 31

Surprise of the night. Danville only winning by 13 on the road at HT.

Xavior Williams ND 21 points, Scored his 1000 point last night
Will Mertens 21 pts VB
Zach Smith 17 pts VB
Dillon Sanchez 21 pts Danville
Connor Conrad 21 pts HT
Cory Hopper 15 pts HT

Danville 9-0, 13-0
West Burlington 6-2, 8-4
New London 6-3, 8-5
Van Buren 5-4, 8-5
Notre Dame 5-4 8-5
Holy Trinity 2-7 3-8
Central Lee 2-7 3-9
Cardinal Eldon 0-8 1-13

No surprise with Danville at Holy Trinity. There has always been high jinx, shenanigans and home cooking on that court since day one. It's a carry over from the old Marquette/West Point days.

Tuesdays SEISC games
Danville 69 Van Buren 44
West Burlington 69 HolyTrinity 50
Central Lee 67 Cardinal 55

Wil Mertens 20 pts VB
Dillon Sanchez 16 pts Danville
Rooks DeRosar 19 pts West Burlington
Corey Hopper 22 pts HT
Tate Snodgrass 15 Pts WB

Interesting that Danville played withouts it's two leading scorers and won big.

Danville 10-0, 14-0
West Burlington 7-2, 9-4
New London 6-3, 8-5
Notre Dame 5-4 8-5
Van Buren 5-5 8-6
Central Lee 3-7 4-9
Holy Trinity 2-8 3-9
Cardinal Eldon 0-9 1-14

Fridays SEISC Games

Notre Dame @ Central Lee
West Burlington @ Van Buren
Holy Trinity @ F.M. Public (non division game)
New London @ Danville

Fridays SEISC scores

Notre Dame 69 Central Lee 64
Van Buren 73 Wes Burlington 68
Holy Trinity @ F.M. Public no score yet
Danville 68 New London 54 With WB loss Danville Secures at least a share of Division Title

Danville 11-0, 15-0
West Burlington 7-3, 9-5
New London 6-4, 8-6
Notre Dame 6-4 9-5
Van Buren 6-5 9-6
Central Lee 3-8 4-10
Holy Trinity 2-8 3-9
Cardinal Eldon 0-9 1-14

Saturday night SEISC scores

West Burlington 71 Stark County 57
Danville 72 IMS 64
Fort Madison 70 Central Lee 50
Van Buren 60 Waco 40

Danville 11-0, 16-0
West Burlington 7-3, 10-5
New London 6-4, 8-6
Notre Dame 6-4 9-5
Van Buren 6-5 10-6
Central Lee 3-8 4-11
Holy Trinity 2-8 3-9
Cardinal Eldon 0-9 1-14

Last edited:
I'm glad Danville is a deep team. With Kolton Jackson out.....time to step it up.
Obviously they are still good and beating good teams but they don't appear to be dominating the opponents. It really isn't fair to expect them to beat everybody by large totals. Missing a senior guard and your leading scorer has to hurt but they are still winning.

Obviously they are still good and beating good teams but they don't appear to be dominating the opponents. It really isn't fair to expect them to beat everybody by large totals. Missing a senior guard and your leading scorer has to hurt but they are still winning.
Why is Jackson out?

not sure but he was in walking boot Saturday night and fans at game said they have played without him for 3 or 4 games.. I would guess severe sprain.. didnt see crutches..

Only one game of importance tonight.. Danville @ West Burlington.. Game for bragging rights only as Danville has locked up their 7th consecutive Division title. A major question being will Danville run the table. Havent heard if Kolton Jackson is back or not. I would venture a guess that if Jackson is out and the game is on the road and Danville has locked up the Division then the edge goes to West Burlington. But then again Danville seems to always come up big in these situations so we will have to wait and see.

Danville 12-0, 17-0
West Burlington 8-3, 11-5
Notre Dame 7-4 10-5
New London 6-5, 9-8
Van Buren 6-6 11-7
Central Lee 3-8 4-13
Holy Trinity 2-9 3-11
Cardinal Eldon 0-10 1-15

Danville @ West Burlington
Holy Trinity @Cardinal
Van Buren @ New London

Last edited:
Danville 13-0, 18-0
West Burlington 8-4, 11-6
Notre Dame 7-4 10-6
New London 7-5, 10-8
Van Buren 6-7 11-8
Central Lee 3-8 4-13
Holy Trinity 3-9 4-11
Cardinal Eldon 0-11 1-16

Scores and totals from Burlington Hawkeye
Danville 58 West Burlington 47
Holy Trinity 49 Cardinal 47
New London 65 Van Buren 47
Quincy Notre Dame 83 Burlington Notre Dame 62

Mason Porter 19 New London
Ben Dentlinger 17 New London
Andrew Barthomeau 22 Van Buren
Dillon Sanchez 25 Danville
Mason Lorber 16 Danville
Corey Hopper 17 Holy Trinity
Xavior Williams 21 Notre Dame

Danville will have their hands full Saturday with ranked Payson/Seymour at the QND shootout. I have also noticed that Payson Seymour will play Liberty Friday( 3rd meeting/Liberty winning two close games), #5 Liberty vs #10 Payson Seymour.....probably one of the biggest basketball games in that part of the state.

Why is Notre Dame back down playing 1A basketball? So they can get embarrassed by Danville in the second round?

Playing up in 2A when VanFleet was the coach (2011-14) put them in position to make it to the district final or substate. Originally done to avoid the Soukups and Danville the first two years (2011-2013).

2011-12 Lost in district final to Mediapolis, 49-43
2012-13 Lost in substate to Pella Christian (trailed 45-38 after 3Q)
2013-14 Lost in substate to Albia (led 42-41 heading into 4Q)
2014-15 Lost to West Burlington 70-65 (WB made it to substate)

Seems like a no-brainer to avoid Danville and stay up in 2A where you put yourself in a position to make a run at state. Also have to win less games.

2015-16: Danville has beat ND 72-47 and 103-73

Danville will have their hands full Saturday with ranked Payson/Seymour at the QND shootout. I have also noticed that Payson Seymour will play Liberty Friday( 3rd meeting/Liberty winning two close games), #5 Liberty vs #10 Payson Seymour.....probably one of the biggest basketball games in that part of the state.
I would probably go to this game if Danville was at full strength. Even if Jackson was ready to go, I wouldn't waste his recovery on a meaningless game or the first/second round of the districts.

Danville 14-0, 19-0
West Burlington 9-4, 12-6
Notre Dame 9-4 12-6
New London 8-5, 11-8
Van Buren 7-7 12-8
Central Lee 3-10 4-14
Holy Trinity 3-10 4-13
Cardinal Eldon 0-13 1-18

Danville finishes Division play with a second consecutive unbeaten season. They play at QND versus Payson Seymour ranked #9 in Illinois Class 1A today.. .They end the season next Friday in the Crossover game which pits the #1 team in the South versus the #1 team in the North for the overall Conference championship. That will be Highland or Lone Tree it appears.

Big game in the Division on Tuesaday is New London hosting Notre Dame. With the win Notre Dame will tie for second and with the win New London will tie for third.

I would probably go to this game if Danville was at full strength. Even if Jackson was ready to go, I wouldn't waste his recovery on a meaningless game or the first/second round of the districts.
Payson Seymour avenged two earlier losses to Liberty with a 35 point blowout win. Danville better bring their "A" game this afternoon.

So I saw that Danville went down by 9 to 1A #9 in Illinois without Jackson or Sanchez. Any word on how close Jackson is to returning, and why Sanchez was a DNP?

Payson Seymour avenged two earlier losses to Liberty with a 35 point blowout win. Danville better bring their "A" game this afternoon.
Danville lost by nine to Payson Seymour.. Kolton jackson did not play and neither did Dillon Sanchez.. Tough to play ranked teams without your two best scorers and defenders. But the season is long and many teams have to deal with adversity. What is the word on why Sanchez is out? He missed both weekend games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT