ADVERTISEMENT

Results

I think the IHSAA wants media outlets to embargo the times if a qualifying meet was postponed. That way, the delayed meet competitors won't know what they have to do.

To that, I saw some times from Holstein in the Sioux City Journal online for 2A earlier this morning. They are not on there anymore. I wonder if the SCJ got a talking to.

I had to laugh when I saw these results...

• 200 – 1. Trousil (W. Burlington) 22.64; 2. Cooper Koenig (WB) 22.86; 5. Teddy Nepola (REG) 23.14; 6. Sam Lincoln (REG) 23.19; 8. Aaron Barnes (WB) 24.30.
Can anyone tell me what the two West Branch finishers have in common?

I had to laugh when I saw these results...

• 200 – 1. Trousil (W. Burlington) 22.64; 2. Cooper Koenig (WB) 22.86; 5. Teddy Nepola (REG) 23.14; 6. Sam Lincoln (REG) 23.19; 8. Aaron Barnes (WB) 24.30.
Can anyone tell me what the two West Branch finishers have in common?
I looking at the results and I don't see anything in common. Names different times different I don't see anything.

Both of those athletes began the school year this past fall and played football at different rival schools and managed to transfer in time to compete in track for West Branch.

Both of those athletes began the school year this past fall and played football at different rival schools and managed to transfer in time to compete in track for West Branch.

Wow, who has time to babysit all these 1A kids and know who lived/player where last year?

Transferring for track?? That's intense. The second dude got 8th in the open 200 of a 1A meet. That time puts him 582nd in the state. Seriously doubt track motivated the transfer.

No, football did.
But, West Branch likely isn't finishing where they did in the district without those mid-year transfers.

In time for track? One I don't think stayed around long enough to order his state championship ring, the other played for two separate schools in the same season, weeks apart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT