ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Pella Christian athlete Cody Boender

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“As of right now, I have been lifting with 3 of my teammates 4 days a week. We have had to lift in a garage since the virus doesn't let us lift in the usual weight room.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Last season in the 5th game of the year, I tore my ACL and my meniscus. That was a huge setback for me. I was really looking forward to my junior year and all of a sudden, my junior year suddenly looked a lot different. My goal since last season has been to work as hard as possible to come back senior year better than ever. I have definitely improved in strength and with summer coming up, I will improve in my speed and quickness.”

What are you trying to improve on before the football season begins?
“I am trying to improve my quickness and conditioning for sure. That has always been a huge part of my game and I think it's so important for every football player.”

How has Covid-19 factored into your workouts?
“COVID-19 has stopped us from going to the normal weight room at school and going to the field to run and play with my friends. It is virtually everything that would normally be going on, so we have had to adapt, and we are lifting in a garage.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I think my team will be very successful like we have been for the past years. Our program is run by some amazing coaches that put the players before themselves and our foundation has been the same since the program started, to honor God whether we win or lose. I think we will have a great season and as every other team in the state, we are looking for that state championship.”

Who do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I would say our non-district schedule is pretty tough, but that's not what matters in a season. It’s the districts and every team in our district has a good team and every Friday night is a battle.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against this fall?
“I know PCM has a great running back in Sage Burns, or I-35 has a great athlete in Logan Cassidy. I also know every team has threats that could hurt us in the game, so we always have to keep an eye out for them.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would love to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you
“At the moment, Dordt University has shown a lot of interest and North Dakota State University has contacted our head coach and wants me to come to a camp.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Dordt University is recruiting me the hardest.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I had a virtual visit with Dordt.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I plan to visit Dordt University, Northwestern University in Orange City and Morningside.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I would like to attend a camp at Dordt, Northwestern, and NDSU. There may be possibly more, but I'm not sure yet.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“The University is Iowa has been my favorite college since I was a baby.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News