ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Pella athlete Donovan Holterhaus (On winning state, a favorite sport, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did it feel to win another state title?
“It was just a great experience. It was really great to get the opportunity to be able to play at the highest level in our class. It was great playing with my teammates for another game.”

How do you feel your basketball team will be this season?
“We are going to be better than a lot of years this year. We have a really fast team. We have a lot of talent coming.”

What do you know about your next opponent in Pella Christian?
“I know that they have some good talent. David (Kacmarynski) is healthy and Levi (Jungling) is back. They have a lot of other guys. It will be a good game but we have to play better than them.”

Do you have a sporting preference?
“I really like football after the football and had a lot of fun. I have always liked basketball so I don't know yet. I like them both.”

Has there been any interest for football?
“I haven't gotten anything yet. My coach said that NSDU has contacted him along with a couple of others. I haven't had any personal contact.”

What has been the interest been for basketball?
“Central College here in town and Northwestern in Orange City. That is pretty much it.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I visited them both. I also talked to Coach Jacobson at UNI and I was thinking about trying to walk on there.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have always liked UNI and always wanted to go there since I was little. My dad played basketball there and I have always wanted to go there.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News