ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Newell-Fonda defensive back/tight end Guyson Lyman

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Well, I was in basketball, and not currently in track and golf. Through the school I have been lifting weights and training agilities Monday through Thursday year-round.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I would say that I have improved on my footwork and my football IQ. Through track and agilities, I have been able to grow as an athlete.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think with a new head coach and new players, that we will be able to succeed and do the things we want to accomplish as a team. We thrive on the fundamentals, and having a bond as a team.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I would say Remsen St. Mary’s is the toughest on our schedule. They are a very well coached team, bringing back a handful of their roster.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Jaxon Bunkers. He is a very skilled offensive and defensive player. He was able to use his skills and IQ to be a great player.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would like to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have only been looked at by one university, Buena Vista University.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Buena Vista University is the only university and they have done a good job communicating at new opportunities.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have only visited BVU for football, but have been to ISU, U of I, Iowa Central, and Northwestern for academics.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“As of right now, no.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I plan on working this summer. Through school we lift all summer long and continue to work football almost every day.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Growing up I always liked ISU, seeing the culture and family behind the team always stuck to me.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News