ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Mason City quarterback Kale Hobart

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The high school season went pretty good. We had a very solid and good team. We had many good players but we had our ups and downs as the season went [along], although it was one of our best seasons in the last 10 years. We are looking to continue to turn the program around. I felt like I had a good season but as always I want to strive to be a lot better.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“The plans now are to finish out the year playing basketball, track, and baseball but also continuing to lift a ton while going through those. I will lift with our trainer in Mason City and then also with our track and football team.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“This next season of football will be a tough one with a lot of our great senior players gone. We will lose basically our whole offense and most of our defense. We are looking to rebuild and grind a lot this off season. I think we will develop and be a pretty good team. The competition we played was pretty good and next year it will be just as good. We’re looking to compete every game.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think the toughest team to play will be Waverly just because of how sound of a team they are. They developed together and have a ton of talent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I think one of the toughest players we will face is Asa Newsom. He was a big threat to our offense and laid some big hits on me. He seemed to be everywhere, and you could tell he was working crazy hard.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football or basketball in college. Either one. Those are the ones I would like to go for.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I haven’t really been recruited by any colleges but I also haven’t really put myself out there or tried to. I have been looked at for track but not for football or basketball. I’m waiting to see how things play out.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“N/A.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News