ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Keokuk athlete Diego Garcia

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How has everything with the basketball season been going so far?
“It has been a rebuilding year for sure. We have a lot of young pieces who got there first minutes of varsity this year and they have been doing well. This season has been tough but we want to try and get some wins down the stretch.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played?
“I have played well this season, but I want to play better from the three. I am definitely going to be working in the off season to improve.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“My team has played well at times, we just haven’t been able to put it all together. We have some guys who have been very solid like MJ Davis and Devon Shed, but we haven’t been able to all have a great game together.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We are young so experience is going to help for sure. We are going to work in the off-season and work on shooting for sure. That is a key point in order to get better.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys for us moving forward are shooting better and just putting the ball in the basket. We haven’t been able to score as well as other years but defense is a bright spot.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would love to play sports in college. It’s a huge dream and goal of mine too. I would love to play either basketball or football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“N/A.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I haven’t been contacted by any college coaches for visits or anything like that yet.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not but I am really hoping to get some soon for sure. It would be awesome to go to some of their colleges to visit.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I have not yet either, but I would definitely be thrilled to go to some in the future.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college is Illinois. I love their school and campus and would be excited to talk to them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News