ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Centerville running back McCain Oden (On varsity football, his team in 2017, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the football season go for your team?
"Over the past couple of seasons, we had struggled. This year we had a great senior group and it went a lot better than many expected. We have some good classes coming so we will have a lot of success."

What are your workout plans now going forward?
"I've been playing basketball every day and then working out every morning at 7. After school, I go to practice and then sometimes I workout after. Our coaches have been doing some quarterback drills because he wants us to get some throwing in before the season starts."

What are you trying to improve on the most this off-season?
"Next season, I definitely want to be a better leader because we'll miss those seniors a whole bunch. We need to get everyone involved."

How do you believe your team will be next season?
"I think we’ll do just as good if not better. We are going to miss a lot of seniors but we are ready to do big things."

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2017?
"I would probably say Albia. They are not the best competition but the rivalry between is will make it a good game. Everyone will be hyped."

Do you have a favorite sport?
"I'd say it is a tie between football and baseball. They are definitely my best sports."

Do you want to play sports in college?
"Yeah, it is definitely something I want to do. A couple of my sisters played college sports and it was fun to be around that."

Have you had any attention from colleges?
"No."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
"I really like UNI."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News