ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Cedar Rapids Xavier forward Max Techau (On basketball, DIII recruiting, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How are the basketball practices been going so far?
"It has been going really well. It was a great first week of practice. We are starting off strong."

What are the keys for your team to be successful?
"I think our defense needs to stay strong. If we do, we have the potential to beat anyone. If we share the ball and play as a team, we can do a lot of different things."

What are your thoughts on Mount Pleasant?
"Obviously we played them last year and over the summer. It will be a good game for us. They are fast and play tight defense. We have to come out ready to face pressure because of our size advantage. We should matchup well with them."

What is the toughest game on your schedule?
"Possibly teams like Iowa City West and all the other teams in the Valley. Waverly-Shell Rock has a great player and that will be one of our toughest games as well."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been getting a lot from different Iowa Conference schools, Wisconsin La Crosse, St. Thomas, Briar Cliff, and Morningside.”

What have been the Iowa Conference schools?
“Loras, Wartburg, and Coe.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d probably say St. Thomas and Loras as well as Wartburg.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I went on a visit to Sioux City to see Briar Cliff and Morningside. I have been to St. Thomas, Wisconsin La Crosse, and I’ve looked at Coe, Wartburg, and Loras too.”

What visit or visits stood out the most to you?
“They were all fairly similar but St. Thomas was really nice and so was Wisconsin La Crosse. They were nice.”

What NAIA schools have offered?
“Briar Cliff and Morningside have both made offers.”

When do you want to decide?
“I am hoping earlier but if not I will wait and find out what my best option is.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News