ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Boone forward John Herrick (On a Webster City rematch, keys to a win, MORE)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How has the football season been going this fall for your team?
"It has been going really good. We won by one point over Creston last Friday and now we head back to Webster City for round two."

What do you know about your next opponent in Webster City?
"We played them two weeks ago for the last round of the regular season. We just need to stop their run game."

Do they have any top players that stand out on their team?
" We are mainly focused on their quarterback and running backs. They are the ones that get the most carries and yards."

What are the keys to a victory in this game and beyond?
"I think we need to utilize our pass game. Their defense gave up some easy passes but our receivers have to hang onto the ball."

Does revenge come to your mind at all?
"We knew that we could play them again. We talked about wanting to play Webster City again and we will have that chance."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve been getting these big envelopes with pamphlets on Navy football. Then I am getting tickets from Winona State and Nebraska-Kearney for basketball. I’ve also been receiving interest from Drake, Nebraska-Omaha, and Briar Cliff.”

Do you have a sporting lean?
“It is still up in the air but I am mainly focusing on basketball more. I know that I can still do football if I want.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’m going to try and visit Nebraska-Omaha.”

What schools are recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d say as of now it is Nebraska-Kearney.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News