ADVERTISEMENT

Predict a HUGE first round playoff upset?

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
The brackets are not 100% complete just yet but when they are, predict a major surprise.

I don't know if it will be considered huge but I'm going to say District 6 sweeps District 5. BGM and Pekin should have no problems and Lynnville-Sully is underrated. I know Montezuma has lost three in a row so they're obviously my worry as they play a solid Lisbon team. However, I think Siestra gets the boys in blue back on track and their defense steps up and slows down the Lions.

GMG over Wapsie by 50! What's that? They didn't get in? Well whoever took their place must be even better so I will go with them by 50 over Wapsie:)

Originally posted by SICL Cares:
I don't know if it will be considered huge but I'm going to say District 6 sweeps District 5. BGM and Pekin should have no problems and Lynnville-Sully is underrated. I know Montezuma has lost three in a row so they're obviously my worry as they play a solid Lisbon team. However, I think Siestra gets the boys in blue back on track and their defense steps up and slows down the Lions.

I don't see Monte beating Lisbon. They have really struggled since losing their top running back to injury. struggling to move the ball consistently and they are not a pass happy team. Going to have to find a way to move the ball on the ground. Nothing I would like better than to see Siestra and monte move on. Great, humble coach doing good things in Monte. Not convinced on d6 just yet. I think it would be a huge upset to see d6 sweep.

What is Stevens injured with? I guess I hadn't been looking at their box scores, just the online scores. Any chance he's back for Lisbon at all?

Heard Stevens is out of all sports remainder of this school year. Sadly, one of the CL's badly. Hopefully he will be back for his senior year ready to roll.

Lawton will win first round against AGWSR, Most people would probably call this a big upset but I think those of us close to the LB program feel that we should be the favorite in this one.

I could see Oakland, Riverside upsetting #1 seed Audubon. Audubon hasn't been playing stellar as of late, although Oakland didn't play well on Friday either. Madrid could very well be the only D7 team to win on Wednesday.

Originally posted by SICL Cares:
What is Stevens injured with? I guess I hadn't been looking at their box scores, just the online scores. Any chance he's back for Lisbon at all?
I don't think he played their last 4 games. They have moved some guys around but he is one of those kids that is hard to replace. I know it was a knee but I don't know what the injury is.

I could see a close game with them too. Riverside beat Audubon early in the year by a point but oakland lost one of their top players with a broken ankle i was told. I hope to see Oakland win but i think Audubon will win a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT