3. Des Moines Christian
4. St. Edmonds
5. South Central Calhoun
6. IKM
7. Dike NH
8. Panorama
9. Poky
10. MVAO

I have heard that Poky is now 3A due to a consolidation (can't remember the school they joined with), but this was mentioned on a another thread.

North Linn will be very good and probably have the best player in the class in Nicole Miller. I would keep HWC at #1 until someone knocks them off.

You must include Unity Christian in your top 2 in 2A. 3A Runner-ups last year and now a 2A team.

Originally posted by AN96:
I have heard that Poky is now 3A due to a consolidation (can't remember the school they joined with), but this was mentioned on a another thread.

North Linn will be very good and probably have the best player in the class in Nicole Miller. I would keep HWC at #1 until someone knocks them off.
I just saw that Pocahontas Area will share with Laurens-Marathon. Do they simply combine both schools' BEDS numbers to determine what class they'll be in? If so, then yes it does look like Pocahontas will be up in 3A this year.

That does at least make 2A a little more manageable in the NW part of the state. You're going to have so many good teams from that area this year (from I-35 west) that it's gonna be a log jam come playoff time to try and balance out each region.

For example:
Western Christian
Unity Christian
(probably top 2 teams in 2A, most likely will get separate region)
Maple Valley-Anthon-Oto
Lawton-Bronson
Woodbury Central
Hinton
(all will be solid again and return good players)
Manson-Northwest Webster
South Central Calhoun
St. Edmond
(teams that are right on that boundary line that could have them going just about anywhere. SE and SCC went south last year and MNW went east and they very well could again this year, but they've also gone west in recent years)

IKM-Manning (they're a fringe team that can easily go south to create balance, but they'll also probably be top 10 again this year)

Originally posted by hawkfanalso:
Less than a month away .Anyone ready?
Amen.

Dowling Catholic High School league just started yesterday. I was able to watch two games already.

Can't wait.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT