ADVERTISEMENT

Post Distric game scores

Mar 13, 2008
figured this would narrow it down for districts, so just post up the scores of district scores.

We(centerville) play pella this saturday.

Solon beat Cono Christian 6-0 tonight. Freshman Marshall Koehn led the Spartans with 4 goals.

I think that for substate games should be played on actual size fields and now these stupid football fields i mean come on we are playing soccer so the kids should be playing on soccer fields....... i know substate 4 is played at Iowa city Regina's field and that field isn't very good at all all these football fields are all beat to hell because of football and the ball does not travel well on it at all....

definitely sounds like PC is playing well. god, Norwalk cant even score 10 goals against certain teams that they should be...

Last Night: [Not a district game. Norwalk had a Bye]

Norwalk 2
Ames 0

In second game Marion 2-1 over Indee both goals for Marion from freshmen Curran Lipsett which were nice free kicks from well over 20 feet outside the 18. Game got pretty physical where u had a red card and a kid needing stitches. Marion will play winner of Clear Creek and Iowa City Regina Tuesday

waterloo columbus 5 iowa falls 0
decorah 3? clear lake 1
waverly-shell rock 5 denver 1
gladbrook-reinbeck 2 hudson 1 (Overtime)

Tuesday:
5:00pm Gladbrook-Reinbeck vs Decorah
7:00pm Waverly-Shell Rock vs Waterloo Columbus

Norwalk 3
Colo-Nesco 1

Goals by Gabe Crall, Eric May, and Kyle Cummings. CN got a goal when the subs came in...

Perry 1
Ballard 0

It was a lot harder fought game then you make it out to be. I don't recall seeing too many different Norwalk players on the field from start to finish. CN had a number of near miss shots on goal through out the game. I believe that defensively Norwalk will be in trouble later on in the tournament.

Norwalk has one of the better starting 4 defenders in the region. Led by 4 year starters Brian Michelson and Nate Van Horn who are both playing college ball next year... they have a pretty solid defense that broke down for a second when the subs came in and CN scored. Norwalk has been plagued with not scoring as many goals this year. They are only beating teams by a margin of 2-3 goals when in some cases it should be around 6-7. They are starting to peak in their play though. Keep in mind, they dont get scored on very much either. There worst loss all year has been by one goal or in pk's. They lost to Cedar Rapids Xavier 3-2 in PK's, Waukee 1-0, Johnston 1-0, and Newton 2-1 in PK's. If anything, i think it would be a legitimate argument to state that Norwalk's defense has been one of the key factors in their success over the past 5 or 6 years.

Norwalk gets a shot at Perry Tuesday night. Norwalk has much experience with their "kick and run" style of offense. So long as they keep an eye on the kid with the orange shoes, they "should" be fine.

CN did have some near miss shots I will agree. The [African American or exchange] kid is a fine player too. What is his name and whats his year? Finesse style player. It was pretty fun to watch him play. CN was a little more impressive then i presumed. #6 was a fairly good player too. He had a lot of hussle and its unfortunate that he didn't have anyone to pass too many times.

Bogey101 - do you play for CN?

Nope, I don't play. This season I'm just a frustrated CN fan. Adams Garba is a junior and an exchange student. From what I understand, this was his first year playing organized soccer. He will be going back to Nigeria at the end of the month.

Good Luck to Norwalk Tuesday and beyond.

Norwalk 3
Perry 0

Goals: Josh Bobst, Josh Bobst, Nate Van Horn

Norwalk played very well. This is probably the best that i have seen them play all year when it comes to playing the ball to feet and possessing it. Perry had some looks but Norwalk had way more!

Spencer 5
Sp Lake-2

Was 5-0 with less than 10 minutes left in the 2nd but Spencer got Kyle Fitch (GK) out of the game and many other starters. Got to give props to Spirit Lake though, they didn't give up.

Bishop Heelen -2
Harlan- 1

Went to PK's, anybody hear about this game? Was expecting Harlan to come out on top..

Spencer vs Bishop Heelen to go to state Thursday

Bondurant-Farrar 2, Gilbert 1

Both of B-F's goals came from sophomore Ben Halder. Brandon Cook had a breakaway in the first half but hit the right post.

Anyone other information about the Bondurant/Gilbert game? Seemed like there was a great deal of fans that showed up for it!

The reason there were lots of fans is that Bondurant always packs sports, and Gilbert has a good following as well. Also, these two teams were having good seasons and they are conference rivals. But to start the game, Gilbert came out tough and pushed Bondurant around. About the last 20-30 minutes of the first half, Bondurant took over and put two in the net. Second half was pretty equal until the end, Bondurant got a little sloppy and Gilbert score on a free kick, I think it got headed in. Then it was clear it and hold em' off soccer. This game was going to be close, no matter who was better this year, Bondurant vs. Gilbert is always close! Congratulations to Perry and Gilbert on winning seasons and good luck to Norwalk and Bondurant thursday night. That is going to be one hell of a game. 4_1A_2_Nv, who do you think will win and why?

Bondurant seemed to be very flat in the first 10 minutes, Gilbert had the majority of possession and were getting good chances. It seemed though once Cook hit the post that B-F picked it up and got their first goal shortly after.

After B-F went up 1-0, they seemed to go flat again and allowed Gilbert to get more chances. The second goal for the Jays was off a nice cross and header by Ben Halder (I can't remember who served the cross). Chad Malmanger made a bone head decision late in the half by clearly using his arms to push down a Gilbert player and recieved a yellow card (B-F's coach didn't put him back in until about 25 minutes remaining in the 2nd).

So the 2nd half was mostly B-F packing it in and clearing away balls to the two forwards. Gilbert managed to get a goal halfway through the 2nd half to make for a very intense ending. B-F's goalie Cameron Peterson made a couple good saves to keep the Jays in the lead, and eventually a victory.

The game on Thursday should be good, from what I saw after watching both games is that Norwalk moves the ball up field by making many passes and possessing the ball VERY well (a lot of movement, tough to defend). While B-F just plays it up to Cook and Halder to create chances by counter attacking.

I won't make a prediction, I'm just hoping for a good game on Thursday, a game decided by the players on the field and not the officials.

Last years game went 1-0 in Norwalk's favor in a game played with terrible wind. I know BF has Brandon Cook and the one central defender who has a foot. Also have been hearing some good things lately about Halder. It would surprise me if BF won this game. Norwalk just has too many threats all over the field. May, Cummings, Crall, Crall, Van Horn, Michelson, the list goes on. These are all high quality players whom will easily find playing time in college.

Norwalk didn't seem to have any issue defending Cook last year. However, they had an issue scoring. This has seem to be the issue for them this year. It is tough to defend Norwalk because of all of the threats. Coach Kralik, Gabe Crall, Garrett Crall, Bryan Michelson, Nate Van Horn and company all know of Mr. Cook. This game will be won in the midfield and that is one of Norwalk's strengths. Look for a goal or two by Kyle Cummings and/or Eric May.

My Prediction:

Norwalk 2
Bondurant 0

Pella Christian - 2
Knoxville - 0

South Tama - 1
Pella - 0

Pella Christian vs. South Tama on Thursday in Pella

Wow! lots of tough games for substate finals!

Decorah vs Columbus
Norwalk vs Bondurant
South Tama vs Pella Christian
DM Hoover vs WDM Valley

to name a few..

Originally posted by 4_1A_2_Nv:
Wow! lots of tough games for substate finals!

Decorah vs Columbus
Norwalk vs Bondurant
South Tama vs Pella Christian
DM Hoover vs WDM Valley

to name a few..
You can probably throw Xavier vs IC Regina in there too.

Norwalk 1
Bondurant-Farrar 0

Kyle Cummings scored a phenomenal goal on a free kick. BF had some chances but Norwalk had way more and should have finished a few more tries. Ref missed many hand balls that should have been in BF's favor.

Heard South Tama and IC Regina won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT