ADVERTISEMENT

Poor, stoooooopid Odub….

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

All Conference
Jul 20, 2006
12526723.jpeg

Of course not... there's a bammer running this behind the scenes. Amazing how 5*s get bumped down to 4's when they pick the University of Auburn.
I don’t follow recruiting, so this is one of the very rare times I don’t know the answer before asking the question.

But don’t you think a team with any to some to a lot of five star players would maybe have a better record over a four year stretch than say 23-26?

Asking for a frAUnd.

I don’t follow recruiting, so this is one of the very rare times I don’t know the answer before asking the question.

But don’t you think a team with any to some to a lot of five star players would maybe have a better record over a four year stretch than say 23-26?

Asking for a frAUnd.
4 &5* players, 2* coaching..

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
4 &5* players, 2* coaching..
Things are shaping up at bammer since we were told Saban only won due to the great players. He was an average game day coach.

Now we have a 5* coach that continues shoving coal in the recruiting locomotive. Feelsgoodman.

Things are shaping up at bammer since we were told Saban only won due to the great players. He was an average game day coach.

Now we have a 5* coach that continues shoving coal in the recruiting locomotive. Feelsgoodman.
5* corch? You sure bout dat?

5* corch? You sure bout dat?

Only time will tell but I do find it hilarious how some of our rivals are already shoveling dirt on the program.

He's done well everywhere he's been and the greatest question mark was his ability to recruit. So far it appears that he can do that as well...at Alabama.

Only time will tell but I do find it hilarious how some of our rivals are already shoveling dirt on the program.

He's done well everywhere he's been and the greatest question mark was his ability to recruit. So far it appears that he can do that as well...at Alabama.

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Well, he has history behind him to follow a legacy...

1. Ray Perkins
2. Bill Curry
3. Mike Dubose
4. Dennis Franchione
5. Mike Shula
6. Joe Kines

:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
Well, he has history behind him to follow a legacy...

1. Ray Perkins
2. Bill Curry
3. Mike Dubose
4. Dennis Franchione
5. Mike Shula
6. Joe Kines

:rolleyes:

Maybe you are right. Maybe you will turn out to be wrong AF.

As I recall, you didn't think much of the Saban hire when he came to Bama. And then each year in the beginning of the dynasty, you predicted collapse. To your credit, over the last 6 or 7 years, you just learned to accept it. That's progress.

...but here we are again.

If you think DeBoer is going to suck at Bama because of Ray Perkins or Bill Curry, God bless you.

And lol at you listing Joe Kines.

As I recall, you didn't think much of the Saban hire when he came to Bama. And then each year in the beginning of the dynasty, you predicted collapse. To your credit, over the last 6 or 7 years, you just learned to accept it. That's progress.

If you think DeBoer is going to suck at Bama because of Ray Perkins or Bill Curry, God bless you.

Think about this. Who followed Bear and how did he do? Same with Stallings. Then look at who followed Dooley and Spurrier and Bowden.

Think about this. Who followed Bear and how did he do? Same with Stallings. Then look at who followed Dooley and Spurrier and Bowden.

There's nothing to think about. I understand the concept.

My point is that none of those coaches mean that KB will fail. He may well fail but it won't be because of Ray Perkins, lol.

My only concern for KB is the difference in culture. I think the man can coach and so far he's recruiting at a high level. But the deep south is very different from where he has been. If he can adjust to that, Joe Kines and Mike Dubose be dammed, he'll be fine at Bama. 😂

I thought adding Kines gave it just the right 'cherry' on top... ;).

I don't think DeBoer (?) is going to suck b/c of the string of losers that drug spuat down on occasion... he's been successful but never at this level and amount of pressure. I just bring those guys up b/c all of them had the same wild expectations from bammers. #1 son was on a flight the other day and struck up a convo with a 50yo guy wearing a UA shirt, and the guy told him straight up he thought spuat was winning the NC this year...? Yeah, like that has happened sooo many times ($1 to Terry Bowden).

Although, your recall is a bit cloudy as I have always thought Saban was a great evaluator and recruiter of talent. Given the (ahem) "resources of REC' ($1 to SOS) it was a match made in heaven. I just never felt NS was a great (good, not great) game-day coach, but overwhelmed most of the SEC and CFB in general with 5*s stacked behind 5*s. I still think the talent deck being level in the pro game (Miami) revealed this about him.

Believe it or not, I have a LOT of respect for Nick and liked his 'accountability' style of coaching. It was more of a 'pro style' coaching than you normally see in college, but it certainly prepares them better than say Deion's style of coaching.

bamabaggers.jpg

Reactions: Konigstiger
There's nothing to think about. I understand the concept.

My point is that none of those coaches mean that KB will fail. He may well fail but it won't be because of Ray Perkins, lol.

My only concern for KB is the difference in culture. I think the man can coach and so far he's recruiting at a high level. But the deep south is very different from where he has been. If he can adjust to that, Joe Kines and Mike Dubose be dammed, he'll be fine at Bama. 😂
None of them mean That. Of course not. But it’s just incredibly hard to follow a legend. And in this case we are talking about the GOAT.

I thought adding Kines gave it just the right 'cherry' on top... ;).

I don't think DeBoer (?) is going to suck b/c of the string of losers that drug spuat down on occasion... he's been successful but never at this level and amount of pressure. I just bring those guys up b/c all of them had the same wild expectations from bammers. #1 son was on a flight the other day and struck up a convo with a 50yo guy wearing a UA shirt, and the guy told him straight up he thought spuat was winning the NC this year...? Yeah, like that has happened sooo many times ($1 to Terry Bowden).

Although, your recall is a bit cloudy as I have always thought Saban was a great evaluator and recruiter of talent. Given the (ahem) "resources of REC' ($1 to SOS) it was a match made in heaven. I just never felt NS was a great (good, not great) game-day coach, but overwhelmed most of the SEC and CFB in general with 5*s stacked behind 5*s. I still think the talent deck being level in the pro game (Miami) revealed this about him.

Believe it or not, I have a LOT of respect for Nick and liked his 'accountability' style of coaching. It was more of a 'pro style' coaching than you normally see in college, but it certainly prepares them better than say Deion's style of coaching.

bamabaggers.jpg

I don't think that it's very likely that we will win the NC and I don't know any Bammers who feel differently. I'm sure we could find some...just like we can find some goobs who think Auburn will. Does their expectation mean that pimp daddy won't measure up at Auburn?

If Milroe stays healthy and plays as well as I think he is capable of playing, we will be pretty damn good. Could that mean a shot in the playoffs? It's possible...I'm just not sure it's likely.

Washington isn't Alabama and the P12 wasn't the SEC but DeBoer got his team to the CFP so it's not like he's coming from a D2 backwater.

Lastly, I think DeBoer is quite a bit more qualified and better prepared for this job than any of those coaches save perhaps Perkins. And Perkins would have been fantastic if he hadn't been so stubborn. Even he admitted that his ass-hattedness cost him at Bama. DeBoer wasn't given the job because he played under Saban or because he was part of "the family." He got the job because he runs a good program and he wins. That's another huge difference.

As I've said from the beginning, we'll see. I'm not the one making bold predictions here so I'm certainly not being the unreasonable college football fan.

Reactions: derek_tiger
None of them mean That. Of course not. But it’s just incredibly hard to follow a legend. And in this case we are talking about the GOAT.

I think we're off to a good start because we didn't try to recreate Saban like we did when Bryant retired. We hired a totally different guy and gave him the reigns. That gives him a shot imo.

And yes, lol, my memory must be cloudy...because sure AF I don't remember you being confident that he would be successful at Bama.

Even after a NC or two, you still weren't convinced.

• Haha
Reactions: derek_tiger
I don't think that it's very likely that we will win the NC and I don't know any Bammers who feel differently. I'm sure we could find some...just like we can find some goobs who think Auburn will. Does their expectation mean that pimp daddy won't measure up at Auburn?

If Milroe stays healthy and plays as well as I think he is capable of playing, we will be pretty damn good. Could that mean a shot in the playoffs? It's possible...I'm just not sure it's likely.

Washington isn't Alabama and the P12 wasn't the SEC but DeBoer got his team to the CFP so it's not like he's coming from a D2 backwater.

Lastly, I think DeBoer is quite a bit more qualified and better prepared for this job than any of those coaches save perhaps Perkins. And Perkins would have been fantastic if he hadn't been so stubborn. Even he admitted that his ass-hattedness cost him at Bama. DeBoer wasn't given the job because he played under Saban or because he was part of "the family." He got the job because he runs a good program and he wins. That's another huge difference.

As I've said from the beginning, we'll see. I'm not the one making bold predictions here so I'm certainly not being the unreasonable college football fan.
With all of that said, how is KDB with decimals?

HOW MANY COMMAS ARE THERE IN A BRAZILIAN DOLLARS?

BTW, Derek left out Mke "It's rolling baby!' Price...
I thought Brazilian was Portuguese for no bush?

Not sure how that relates to big payouts or championships. Maybe one of the Deacons from the Church of Freeze can clear that up for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT