ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Waukon (10-1) at New Hampton (11-0)

Waukon is going to curb stomp New Hampton. Coach Beerman and the Indians are going to slay their way through the Chickasaws in this epic indian battle to the death.

Originally posted by LukeFeddersen:
Who wins this playoff battle?

NH seems to have struggled the past two games/since they played Waukon. However, NH also seems to have Waukon's number based on the past two seasons regular season games - both games I expected Waukon to win. Should be a great game. I'm picking Waukon simply because I cannot figure out how they lost to New Hampton in the regular season.

Just keep in mind TheRuler69 is from New Hampton. Maybe a little motivational talk for his classmates? New Hampton will have Waukon's full attention Friday night. I believe the last two Chickasaw wins by a total of 9 points so maybe the third time the charm for the Indians. Good to see IronDoc over the DB loss...just sayin.

Ha! I will tell you. Chickasaws scored more points!!!

Honestly it will be another great game!!! Darn shame that they have to meet up so "early" in the playoffs. Here is to hoping that both teams come out with no injuries and that should assure us a fun game to watch.

Teenage I am glad to hear that NH will have Waukon's full attention this time as the district title was on the line this last time. No worries. Good luck to both teams.

I believe they are getting that look in their eye again. Go Chickasaws
This post was edited on 11/6 6:47 PM by awizechief16

NH has done this all year look like crap vs teams they should destroy by 3-4 touchdowns, just takes them awhile to get going some games, and others they just don't find that groove like against Charles City, CPU, and Cascade. NH didn't beat Waukon on some fluke, NH defense was flat out better than Waukon a couple weeks ago. If NH doesn't fumble inside the 5, then game probably isn't a 1 score game.

Waukon still has only faced one team they had to play to the very end against, and that probably is hurting them some, while NH has had to battle in a lot of there games to win those games, Which is helping them. If NH is as flat as they have been against CPU and Cascade then they shouldn't even take the field Friday night. But if they come with the same fight and passion as they did against Union and Waukon then this will be another great game.

I'm sure both teams will open there offense up a bit more, make adjustments to where each team struggled, but whoever defense plays better wins this game. NH defense has played sloppy the last couple games, which wet field conditions have something do with it, along with just not having the effort needed.

Either team has a chance to win this game, and the winner of this game is going to be hard to beat in the Dome. Let's hope for a great, clean, injury free game.

Waukon 24-13 Parker Hesse and Marcus Weymiller too much for to handle for NH.

I'm not sure NH fumbled inside the 5 yard line, looked like Ronan flat out took the ball from the receiver. Also NH guy, not sure if you were at the game, but it looked like Waukon may have scored the game winning TD late if a receiver behind the defense comes up with the ball? Lots of plays affected this game. Can NH play a penalty free game again? Can Waukon avoid penalties like roughing the punter to keep NH drives alive? Can Waukon not jump off-sides on a key 3rd down play late. Kudos to NH for the win, but it was a 5 point game all the way. Would like to see the winner win the whole 2A title. Looking forward to tomorrow night, hope no injuries!

Whether he took it away or not it's a fumble, maybe I should have said turned the ball over inside the 5. I know there are many plays that effect the game. I was at the game, do realize that Waukon may have dropped the game winning TD. Was just pointing out that NH could have had a two score lead in the second half, so not like there mistakes didn't hurt them as well.

I believe NH can play another penalty free game, but the real question is will they, after the Cascade game, I doubt that they will. It's not always the penalty that hurts them, it when it happens or where on the field it happens. In my opinion either team has the talent to win, but I think something outside of talent is going to win this game, who ever comes to play, give more effort and plays smart disciplined football will win this game.

Like I have said before I hope for a great game once again, and whoever makes it the Semi's will be a tough out

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag:
I'm not sure NH fumbled inside the 5 yard line, looked like Ronan flat out took the ball from the receiver. Also NH guy, not sure if you were at the game, but it looked like Waukon may have scored the game winning TD late if a receiver behind the defense comes up with the ball? Lots of plays affected this game. Can NH play a penalty free game again? Can Waukon avoid penalties like roughing the punter to keep NH drives alive? Can Waukon not jump off-sides on a key 3rd down play late. Kudos to NH for the win, but it was a 5 point game all the way. Would like to see the winner win the whole 2A title. Looking forward to tomorrow night, hope no injuries!

Lol..."taking the ball" is a fumble. You can play the "if" game all day long. How about the fumble with a minute to go at midfield when Waukon had no timeouts left? The fact is that NH lost the turnover battle yet outgained Waukon yardage wise. It wasn't some fluke win.

But...that is history and won't matter much tomorrow night. It will take another fantastic effort from NH to beat an outstanding Waukon team.

I don't see this being much of a game. New Hampton escaped with a victory the first time around, but I think Waukon will be better prepared this time around and will know what to expect and will use that to their advantage. All in all, Waukon's athleticism will prevail in the end and I expect them to win by 30 points plus. However, I would like to congratulate the New Hampton coaching staff and players (especially the seniors) on a great season.

I don't know if everyone is excited as me but Trout_King is back, that's just great

Let's Hope for a Great game tonight, and hopefully both teams escape injury free, and plays disciplined football

Keep searching this thread..and still can't find anywhere where someone said NH's win was a fluke. No one has said that. It was the comment that "if NH doesn't fumble inside the 5, than the game PROBABLY isn't a 1 score game". Just pointing out there were a lot of other key plays in the game and it was what it was...a 5 point game.

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag:
Keep searching this thread..and still can't find anywhere where someone said NH's win was a fluke. No one has said that. It was the comment that "if NH doesn't fumble inside the 5, than the game PROBABLY isn't a 1 score game". Just pointing out there were a lot of other key plays in the game and it was what it was...a 5 point game.

That was my word. Overall, I'm with ya! If Waukon wins tonight I will root hard for them to win it all.

Hesse to Lyons into the wind 12 yard passing TD with 42 seconds left in first.

2 pt conversoion good... 21-0 Waukon

Thank you Waukon.
smokin.r191677.gif

Tough way for NH to end the year with only its first loss. And I believe another penalty free game on their part. I know they have a lot of players coming back but will miss Smith, who's a real competitor, and some other key seniors. Congrats on a great season! Guessing the Chickasaws will make some serious noise in basketball as well.

First want to Congratulate Waukon on a Great Win!

New Hampton will miss Smith's size, but will also miss there two tackles, in Throndson and Pfaffle . Other than that NH should be okay as most of there players are Juniors. The real key to NH season next year can they replace their offensive and defensive lines.

Originally posted by NHGuy:
First want to Congratulate Waukon on a Great Win!

New Hampton will miss Smith's size, but will also miss there two tackles, in Throndson and Pfaffle . Other than that NH should be okay as most of there players are Juniors. The real key to NH season next year can they replace their offensive and defensive lines.

Agree here but at the very least due to some younger kids with some size and ability they should have more bigger kids to pick from next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT