ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Washington (10-1) at Pella (11-0)

I don't see Nathan Clayberg in the box score for the W-burg game is he hurt and is he going to play Friday?

Clayberg has had a hurt foot for a few weeks. Sat out last 2 games before last night. He did see some limited action last night and got along well. Won't be a pass catching threat, but can block well at TE and did play LB 2nd half last night. Mobility is not 100%, but Clayberg at 80% is still better than 100% of most anybody else. He is a beast in the middle. I'm sure he will be on the field a lot on Friday night as they have been nursing him along, probably so he would be ready to face Washington again.

Thanks fmclonefan that's awesome if he can play that's the way it should be.
He is a outstanding ball player and i'm sure he will give it his best.

This is going to be a great game. Slugfest earlier this year with one of Washington's starters out and stud RB limited with injury. I could see either one of these teams heading to the Dome.

Beast in the middle is accurate for NC - but can be play 'hurt'? Word I have always heard (going way back) is that he lacks that knock your teeth out kind of attitude? True? No?

Also, will the foot problem affect his play this winter on the basketball court? Pella might be lacking some inside players if so, as I heard the Rennich kid is not going out for basketball? True?

Maybe he lacked that attitude when he was younger, but he will sure as heck knock your teeth out now. He is physically and mentally tough. Unquestionably the leader of that defense. No one here questions his toughness.

Probably will cause some issues for BBall early in season, but he'll heal up and be fine. Don't know about Rennich.

Well Said FMCLONEFAN!!! The Band Gets to Play must be thinking about powderpuff football. Middle linebackers are tough and love to hit. That is why they play that position. Nathan is athletic, tough and smart! He has been a starter for a very good program for so many years. Terrible post by you!

I think this will be a great game. Two tough-nosed teams going at it again. Week two was a great battle. Sounds like Wash was dinged up at the time and Pella's starting QB broke his collarbone during that game, so backup was pressed into service in 3rd quarter. That game was a long time ago and I'm sure that both teams have improved dramatically.

Didn't see first game; Pella dominated the stats, but barely pulled out the victory. Washington's coach mentioned that they've had this game circled since week 2's loss, so they will be very keyed up. Pella has had some recent injuries to some key players, but sounds like they will all be playing Friday. Both teams prefer running the ball but can pass as well. Washington has put up some numbers in essentially crushing everyone since week 2. Key to the game will be the line play. Both teams are used to dominating the line of scrimmage, but I doubt if either team will dominate the line of scrimmage on Friday. Both teams will get some good runs, but which team will come up with the big pass play? or the big k/o or punt return? Who will have an untimely fumble?

Will be a great four quarter game. These are the kind of games the boys want to play in and the fans want to see; Iowa high school football at its finest!

I don't know NC personally, so i have no idea what his "attitude" is. But when I watched him play our team, he was as good as I've seen at LB. Simply dominated. A man playing boys.

I thought I heard UNI has shown interest and offered..not sure that's where he'll end up.. but just what I've heard

Originally posted by Greyhound Forever:
Well Said FMCLONEFAN!!! The Band Gets to Play must be thinking about powderpuff football. Middle linebackers are tough and love to hit. That is why they play that position. Nathan is athletic, tough and smart! He has been a starter for a very good program for so many years. Terrible post by you!
Never said that's what I think, just what I have heard/read about him - someone mentioned UNI and I had heard some other FCS schools mentioned as well, but he's not James Morris circa-Solon days, right? That's all I am saying...Word out of Washington (local coffee shop talk) is that Washington is primed for this one and has actually been scouting Pella since the earlier season loss by a former alumn that lives in Monroe now - not sure about that rumor, but that is interesting I think...

Should be a great game and may the best team win...Pella just hopes this isn't a repeat of the Pella-Atlantic game a number of years back...that was a tough one for the Dutch to swallow and Jimmy D (see DM Register from that game) still has his head in his hands wondering what might of been...if only they would of had a QB that year I was always told...?

I would say that Washington is REALLY geared up for this game. I hear lots of talk about how improved Washington is since week 2; and I would hope so. Every team should be much improved from week 2 to week 11. All 8 teams left, I'm sure, are much improved in that time frame. Pella runs a bit of a different style of offense now then they did during week 2 also. Noah Clayberg was thrown into the fire at quarterback the 2nd half of that game. He's had 9 more games now to get much better. Pella's line really dominated that game. Pella had over 300 yards rushing compared to Washington's 14 yards (from quick stat). I highly doubt that will happen again.

I think the Washington folks might be discounting the improvement that Pella has made since week 2 as well. Pella didn't beat Williamsburg as bad as Washington did, but Pella dominated the line of scrimmage again. Williamsburg never even threatened to score. The bad thing that Pella has exhibited is a knack for penalties and lots of them. Also, many are very untimely. Many big plays have been brought back this year due to penalties. If that happens against Wash, would be bad for the Dutch. I don't think there will be very many big plays to be had and if you have one called back, that is a killer.

Don't know where Nathan Clayberg will end up. He has many interests besides football and I'm guessing those will play a part as to where he goes to school. That young man is involved in a ton of activities, most of which have nothing to do with a ball or hitting people.

I'm away from the program but I'm sure Washington is well aware that Pella is a much better team too.
I do remember the Coach from Washington saying after the 1st game on the radio that Pella was a much tougher team that night and that he felt like it was the worst coaching job he ever done in a football game.
Pella should of won that game by at least 2Td's from what I heard but that game really means nothing comes Friday night.
Washington has a whole lot of respect for Pella in all sports.

Having played against both teams this year I think it is going to be a tight matchup. They are both very good. I would give Washington the edge on the line of scrimmage right now. I would give Pella the advantage of speed on the edge. In the end I think Washington has the ability to match Pella's speed better than Pella has the ability to match Washington's intensity on the interior line. Washington's lines are playing as a very fierce bunch right now. First team to 14 wins this game, neither team will give up many points.

Rennich not going out for basketball. NC will most likely miss some significant time in the first half of the season. Dutch will be guard-dominated regardless, but Clayberg could've been the school rebounding leader if he played the whole season. Great physical player in the middle. Hopefully the foot heals well and they can get him back.

Prediction: a freak play wins the game. Will be that close.

Originally posted by BandGetsToPlay:

Never said that's what I think, just what I have heard/read about him - someone mentioned UNI and I had heard some other FCS schools mentioned as well, but he's not James Morris circa-Solon days, right? That's all I am saying...
It does not sound like you know NC personally, Band.

Such a courageous thing to offer "what you heard, not what you think". I would say your comments and now "clarification" bring very little positive insight about anything.

This post was edited on 11/7 6:45 PM by NorseHorse

Originally posted by NorseHorse:

Originally posted by BandGetsToPlay:

Never said that's what I think, just what I have heard/read about him - someone mentioned UNI and I had heard some other FCS schools mentioned as well, but he's not James Morris circa-Solon days, right? That's all I am saying...
It does not sound like you know NC personally, Band.

Such a courageous thing to offer "what you heard, not what you think". I would say your comments and now "clarification" bring very little positive insight about anything.

This post was edited on 11/7 6:45 PM by NorseHorse
Life isn't fair some times, huh? #NoDomeForDutch #NightNight #NoQB

party0027.r191677.gif

Good grief Band....maybe you could act like you've been there before instead of a 12 year old school girl. Washington played a nice game and came out with the "W". Pella went 11-1 and had a nice season, leave it at that. The QB you nicely insulted will be back the next two years for your enjoyment! Better get your digs in now....

Wasn't insulting the QB - was saying they didn't have one (no disrespect to the back-up - tough spot to get thrown into the fire) once he went down...no digs meant at QB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT