ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Should there be 3 classes

I dont think that there are enough teams to go to 3 conferences yet. I do however think that it should be like football where if you play in a 4a conference you play in 4a state. The tiny schools just have no shot at competing with the Xaviers/Assumptions/Wahlerts of Iowa high schools.

Some states have a private school state playoff system and then only public schools play each other. Another option.

There should be 3 classes. Xavier should not be 1A...it just seems that they have absolutely no competition once they reach the postseason.

when will people shutup about "xavier should NOT be in 1A."

having no competition in postseason is not xavier's fault. they play in 1A based on their enrollment numbers. they also play in a mostly 2A conference. im pretty sure they hold their own in that conference too.

they are good. deal with it.

I wasn't complaining. I was simply saying that xavier is way better than anyone in 1A. They dominate in a 2A conference all season long.

which is exactly why they should play up with the rest of the teams in their conference for state, as they do in football.

should harlan go play in 4A for basketball? what about bettendorf in soccer? should they play in illinois in a bigger division?

its based off enrollment. its not going to change. being good has nothing to do with what division you play in. what about the 4 consecutive champs for the ankeny girls bball team. i didnt hear any whining about them needing to play in the WNBA...

I guess 4_IA_2_Nv knows all. Nobodoy should try to voice their opinion or this guy will shoot it down.

Actually you are wrong now, they choose to play up, as does Davenport Assumption in football. Their enrollment still doesn't put them in the top 48 football schools for class 4A football. The difference is in a private school in the second largest city in the state has a much larger population base to draw from than a public school in a small city. In Missouri, private schools count each student as 1.5 towards enrollment to level the playing field, my sister plays at one there.

I believe that you are all wrong. Xaiver does not choose to play up in football but are required to play in at least one 4A sport. I forget the exact explanation for this but I am sure that Xaiver just did not decide on their own to play 4A football.

Xavier is required to play in 4a for football if they wish to remain a part of the MVC. I think it should be the same for all sports. They have the advantage of being private and also gain the advantage of playing in a higher level conference and then dropping down for the playoffs.

A team should not be punished for playing tougher competition throughout the season. That argument has never and will never make sense. It is based on enrollment. I do like the idea of making private school enrollment worth 1.5 students per 1 or whatever it was mentioned above.

They are both right. I don't remember why either but Xavier does have to play 4A football, but they do have the option to play up being a private school.

What is Xavier's enrollment? I am pretty sure it is much more than MV, Pella, Solon, Regina, Waterloo Columbus, and the rest of the true 1A schools.

Either way, someone will have a chance at knocking Xavier out - just have to play the game.

Best of luck!
GO SPARTANS!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT