ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Grinnell (8-3) at Clear Lake (11-0)

Interesting match up. Clear Lake got to experience the Eli Dunne show last year and lost by over 3 td's. Grinnell is not as good this year, mostly on the defensive side. But, Dunne can still throw the ball for 2 counties. He is quite impressive. The teams that have beat them this year were able to get good pressure on him and control the ball with the run. I don't know a lot about Clear Lake, but they are traditionally a pretty physical team. Does Clear Lake's DL pressure the QB well? Do they have to blitz often to do this? Dunne can pick you apart if you are blitz happy and they happen to pick it up well.

Also, Grinnell's RB is a load. He racks up the yards as well. Is very tough to bring down.

Not hearing much chatter about this game. Pretty confident in Clear Lake country?

Pella fan here with nothing but positives to say about Dunne. Love watching him in basketball, too. Great competitor and can make a ton of different throws. Running to his left/right, falling down, etc.

Also love the RB. Good combination of physical and quick.

Clear Lake is a physical well coached team, I would say that they are a run 1st team, but will pass, and seem to be successful when they do. They aren't a blitz happy team by any means, as they do get pretty good pressure with their front 4, and have pretty good athletes in the back end of the defense.

Personally I think the game being at Clear Lake will be an advantage with the bus ride, and questionable weather.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT