ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Bondurant-Farrar at Mediapolis

Do you mean West Liberty game score? BF hasn't played Mid-Prairie. If going by scores against PCM then Mepo would win, if go by scores vs WL then BF would win. However, the final scores do not tell the whole story. Mepo was up 33-0 on WL on first possession of 3rd qtr then starters were out, Mepo was up 21-0 on PCM in the first qtr before the monsoon hit and nobody was doing anything then, would have been much worse. BF and PCM was 28-21, it was 21-14 in 4th qtr, could of been 14-14 in 4th, I don't know haven't seen a box score, just a DM Register article. BF was only up 35-24 at half WL then turned it on.

I WAS TALKING ABOUT MEDIAPOLIS SORRY ABOUT THAT NOT TRYING TO CONFUSED YOU. BECAUSE THEY ONLY SCORE 21 ON PCM AND 12 ON MID-PRAIRE. I HAVE ON QUESTION DOES MEDIAPOLIS THROW THE BALL MORE THEN RUNING IT.

I would say they favor the run more than the pass this year, but depends on the gameplan. It's not a big difference, anywhere from 50-50 to 60-40. Should be a great game.

Bondurant- 14
Mediapolis- 7

Both teams score on their opening drives of the 2nd half.

3:53 left in the 3rd quarter.
This post was edited on 11/4 8:24 PM by herkilicious

Bondurant- 14
Mediapolis- 13

Bondurant fumbles and lets Mediapolis back into it after a short drive. 8:39 left in the 4th quarter.
Bad snap on the PAT- No good

Bondurant- 22
Mediapolis- 27

Final. Albia vs. Mediapolis in the next round.

Horrible announcers from the Mediapolis station ruined a great game on the radio. I understand hometown stations, but these guys were ridiculous and whined all night.

MepoDawg,

Thanks for your insight throughout the year. It has been great to hear about your team in a positive way. Good luck to your boys the rest of the way. Heck of a team.

Originally posted by herkilicious:
Bondurant- 22
Mediapolis- 27

Horrible announcers from the Mediapolis station ruined a great game on the radio. I understand hometown stations, but these guys were ridiculous and whined all night.
Ha, I'd just be happy to hear my high school team play from 3 hours away but that's just me. People complain about college and professional announcers, much less a couple local dudes that probably got thrown into the announcers booth this week.

Originally posted by wonkadog:

Originally posted by herkilicious:
Bondurant- 22
Mediapolis- 27

Ha, I'd just be happy to hear my high school team play from 3 hours away but that's just me. People complain about college and professional announcers, much less a couple local dudes that probably got thrown into the announcers booth this week.
It's not my high school. I coach in another district. Like I said, I appreciate the fact that I could hear the game (not 3 hours away) but the local dudes took some of their opinions to a new level. I've heard plenty of hometown radio hosts, this was ridiculous at times.

Complaining about local and biased internet audio broadcast, seating issues, too many Mepo fans on the 'visitor' side. What's next? Field conditions, restrooms, concessions, players celebrated too much? Seriously, what do you expect being an fan of the opponent or just random third party. Move on. The broadcast is all volunteer and supported through sponsors, nobody is paid. They started last year for fans who can't make it to the event. Got to give everyone props for making it happen. On the the facilities, Mepo is in the process of approving a major overhaul that will benefit everyone including starting a soccer program from scratch in the spring. Sorry that it isn't comfortable enough for visitors. If you've been to a game in Mepo then you know that there isn't enough room on the home side to seat everyone because of such great support. It'll get better in the future. Sorry for the rant.

This post was edited on 11/5 7:46 PM by MepoDawg#

Dawg Dawg Dawg, glad you apologized for the rant, that was just silly! No one spoke of all those issues, it is so cute how you defend them no matter what! Kind of like you and Orski still have not complimented BF, it was a great game that could have gone either way, and you obviously are in agreement that the facilities are shaky, if you do hit give the opponent enuff seating stay on ur side

SEP I didn't see the game. Wasn't there. Heard about 3 interceptions. Saw that Mepo outgained BF in passing and rushing. My issue is with the ratings. Nothing against BF. Don't really care, but enjoy aggravating you. Sorry, just being honest.

SEP, guess you didn't read the scoreboard thread or the D5/D6 thread. Oh wait, you did as you responded to my posts. I have props to BF ands said it was one of the best games I've seen in awhile. In addition, I said BF players, coaches, and fans were class acts or at least from what I saw and who I talked to at the game. Yes, Mepo could use some facility upgrades. They are working on it. If there was a problem then you should take it up with the State Association not blast them on a message board. And yes others did bash the internet broadcast and seating. Did you not come to the quarterfinal game last year? It was the exact same this year. In the end it was great ge between two good teams. BF played a much more mistake free game than Mepo, but I think the better team won. good luck to BF in other sports and congrats on a good season.

"I agree there should be more bleachers on the visitor side especially in playoffs. However, BF traveled to Mepo last year and knew the seating issues. Want a better seat or standing place them show up earlier. Is it a written rule that home fans can't be on that side? Sorry that Mepo has such great support for their athletics that they fill their stands and have people who have to stand 2-3 deep around the field. If BF wants a home game then earn it by going undefeated. BF's players, coaching staff, and fans that we talked to were class acts and didn't complain. Mepo is trying to build a new complex to help alleviate the issues but must make it work with what they have. Sorry am opposing school couldn't keep all the fans comfortable"

There it is show me where you gave them props, then in the previous post, you said BF played mistake free FB, and that Mepo did not or they would have won more, you call that giving props, I call that making excuses, 3 interceptions to one kid, maybe just maybe BF caused those, little credit there would have been nice, oh and the State Association was contacted, they have not visited Mepo and have just assumed the seating was somewhat of an even split, but will look into it

This post was edited on 11/6 6:44 AM by SEPAlumni

Oh, and just to finish this, give me the Duffy kid healthy, the Stafford kid for the whole game and the Baily kid the 4th qtr, all seniors, all potential all district, one a returning all state kicker and we win, your QB would not have as much time to through the ball if the stafford kd was in, possibly leading to more int's Mepo has a nice team, but your district was weak, the computer shows it, you specifically sit in a very unpopulated part of the state and show unabashed, blind love, failing to compliment others or see both sides of any situation.

For the sake of your kids/coaches, I hope they stay healthy and play well vs Albia!

I don't need to prove myself to you. Others can see what I wrote. And about the seating. The state assumed it was evenly split? I haven't been to a class 2A or smaller school that has an even split for seating. The whole point of home field advantage is to have more fans there than the away team to make it loud an show support. Am I missing some rule where it has to be a 50-50 split. If so then the state has a lot of complexes to inspect.

I don't need to prove myself to you. Others can see what I wrote. And about the seating. The state assumed it was evenly split? I haven't been to a class 2A or smaller school that has an even split for seating. The whole point of home field advantage is to have more fans there than the away team to make it loud an show support. Am I missing some rule where it has to be a 50-50 split. If so then the state has a lot of complexes to inspect.

Both teams played a heck a playoff football game. One that gave many in attendance, and those listening online, more grey hairs than they would have had had they not watched/listened to it. SEP, I may agree with your statements that it would have been a different game, but those are IF's and nobody can predict them. It's football injuries happen and kids have to step up. The fact of the matter is both teams made great plays, just this game it came down to who made the last big play, and that was Mepo. Credit Bondurant for having a shot to win the game, but also credit Mepo for not allowing a team to come to their place and knock them off. Good luck to Mepo the rest of the year and to Bondurant in the years to come.

Very well said, and it is part of the game, hopefully it took some extreme statements on my part for dawg to understand that it is okay to give love to another team, or even more seating, Mepo has one of the best traditions in the state, in all sports, but the guy needs to grasp complimenting others is okay!

SEP you misrepresent the statements Mepo and I have both made. Which is I have enjoyed yanking you around. Mepo on the other hand has been complimentary, and classy along the way. Even your most recent statement fails to recognize that he did give props. Your desire to rant discredits you and your posts. Here is his post after the game:

MepoDawg, "27-22 Mepo. Great game. Best I've seen in awhile. Props to both teams.

11/4 9:17 PM | IP: Logged"

I admit I enjoyed aggravating you. My posts however started with a concern about undervaluing Mediapolis and my points were to BCMoore to understand how this bias was occurring. You missed that even though I explained it, so I just continued to provoke. I shouldn't have and for that I am sorry. I love high school football. I have enjoyed watching a few of Mepo's games, but I have also been to many others in SE Iowa.

I'm through good luck to your teams.

Man, you have poor reading comprehension. I said props to both teams. Best game I've seen in awhile (it takes 2 good teams for that) and BF players, coaches and fans were classy. Talked to some BF fans after the game, I complimented them on not giving up and playing hard. They said thanks and beat Albia which they think Mepo can. It was the type of game that you hated to see anyone lose.

The only low point was that one BF did give a shoulder to a Mepo fan on the sideline during the first half after BF scored and had some choice words for him to get on his own side. Starting to think that was you.

I attended the Mepo/BF game Monday night and was evidently one of the rude Mepo fans on the BF sideline. First off, I have never heard anyone complain about this before (I do it for every home game because I can see well from there). I have also never been to a high school football game where you were told where to sit. I personally felt that some of the BF fans were extremely rude and went out of their way to try to make us feel uncomfortable. They made comments to each other such as "we'll get them on their side sooner or later" and made sure we heard them celebrate everytime something went their way, whether it was cheering, chest bumping, high fiving or even hugging after a first down in the first quarter (my personal favorite). I even had someone get on his phone right behind me and tell someone on the other end that BF was going to walk away with this game because Mepo looked like a 6th grade team. While I think the kids from BF played their hearts out and did it without being dirty, I got a lot of satisfaction out of that win. It's just too bad that parents can have such a negative impact on a school's reputation. It's high school football folks, not the Super Bowl. Let's treat it as such and win with class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT