ADVERTISEMENT

Playoffs: D5 and D6

Trying to decide if I make the trip, someone said their is very limited seating on the visitors side, that actually, the visitors side sits on 2nd base and they are not even permanent seating, anyone anyone anyone, if so how do they host with that small of seating

There is only small section of bleachers on visitors side as the football field is the outfield of the baseball field. However, there is plenty of standing room to watch game. Hopefully this problem is considered when/if they build new sports complex that includes new football field.

Thanks man, what re the #'S required by he Association to host, if it is just a small section that does not seem right, anyone know anything

The requiremnt is seating for 1200 and adequate restrooms, doesn't say anything about seating home and away. There's plenty of room for that many people. People always stand all the way around the field. The previous two years I've seen it 5-6 deep all the way around the field. Hopefully when they build the new athletic complex they take into account attendance and have more seating for the home and away fans, but for right now I believe the requirements are met or they wouldn't be hosting. This will be the 8th home playoff game in the last 3 years and so far hasn't been a problem.

Here's what the football postseason manual says. http://www.iahsaa.org/football/2013%20Football%20Information/2013_Football_PostSeason_Manual.pdf

The host school must meet the following minimum standards:

8-Player must provide seating for 500 people;

Class 1-A and A schools must provide seating for 800 people;

Class 2-A schools must provide seating for 1200 people;

Class 3-A schools must provide seating for 2000 people;

Class 4-A schools must provide seating for 3200 people.

The host school must also provide adequate restroom facilities. If the member school cannot meet these minimum standards,

they will select a site which meets these standards and which is no greater distance for the visitors than if the game had been

played at the home school’s own field. If the home school does not want to ask a member school to host a tournament, the

IHSAA Office will select the site.

This post was edited on 11/4 1:46 PM by MepoDawg#

That facility is a joke, I did some research tonight too, the host school report's what they can seat and it is rarely verified, the visitors have one small section on wheels and two tiny ones that can't even see over the players, then 50-75 Mediapolis people stand on the visitors sideline, it might meet the requirements, but that is ridiculous!

Now the game itself, classic HS FB game Mepo has some classy kids, responded well, BF same thing, great HS game, but traveling 2.5 hours for HS kids on a Monday night needs to be looked at, that was not the difference in the game but not fair to the kids,

Not every school district can afford to make their facility TOP notch. It is also funny that this is the first time this issue has been brought up. Mepo is lucky to have a great community to where they are looking at putting in a new sports complex, and thinking about field turf.
Now with the 2.5 hour drive, I also think is a bit harsh for high schoolers on school nights. There has to be a different way to do this, but not sure how it would be feasible. It sounded like a great gamefrom what I listened to and like bondurant had quite a few people make the drive.

Keep Mepo people on your own side, move in extra bleachers, those things have nothing to do with $, and This might just be the only time you have heard it,

I agree there should be more bleachers on the visitor side especially in playoffs. However, BF traveled to Mepo last year and knew the seating issues. Want a better seat or standing place them show up earlier. Is it a written rule that home fans can't be on that side? Sorry that Mepo has such great support for their athletics that they fill their stands and have people who have to stand 2-3 deep around the field. If BF wants a home game then earn it by going undefeated. BF's players, coaching staff, and fans that we talked to were class acts and didn't complain. Mepo is trying to build a new complex to help alleviate the issues but must make it work with what they have. Sorry am opposing school couldn't keep all the fans comfortable.

The Mepo administration would not open the gates until a certain time, so that solves that question, Rule, geez really how about common courtesy, also with a 7 game 2.5 away, tough to leave that early, maybe be a good host and bring a few bleachers in, ha keep the opposing fans comfortable, nope just make it so everyone can enjoy the game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT