ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Qualifiers/First Round Matchups

I’m not down on Pella at all. I think they could have a great chance of beating most all 3A schools not named Lewis Central and Xavier. Unfortunately, I don’t see them beating Xavier Friday.

cal preps projected matchups-

Sergeant Bluff-Luton 31 heelan 14
spencer 28 norwalk 17
harlan 35 oskaloosa 26
xavier 40 pella 12
lewis central 44 carroll 6
decorah 24 clear creek 14
north scott 21 waverly-shell rock 14
solon 31 epworth western dubuque 28

Last edited:
Reactions: Iowasportsnut
I think 3 of those eight games are up for grabs. If Oskaloosa can keep throwing the ball well they will give Harlan some fits. Just tough to think Oskaloosa could stop them from their solid all around game but mainly their run game. If either Waverly or Solon get through their bracket against these old 4A teams kudos to either one of them. If either one of them can take care of the ball I would say it's anyone's game. I would think the odds of Solon beating Western Dubuque are a little better than Waverly coming out with a w. I would think Solon defense is a little bit better than most and could hold Western Dubuque offense to a few less points. Maybe 14 or less. The same goes for North Scott. If their defense steps up like they have Waverly might not be able to put the points on the board either. The only adjustment I would make to the calpreps guesstimate is the Solon game.

Reactions: Iowasportsnut
I’m not down on Pella at all. I think they could have a great chance of beating most all 3A schools not named Lewis Central and Xavier. Unfortunately, I don’t see them beating Xavier Friday.
Gotcha. In my opinion that should be a minimum quarterfinal game if not semi game but I guess that's how it played out this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT