ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions #2

I was thinking maybe Britt/ Garrigan
Wapsie / Mason City? Would they really pair like a 14 and 12 RPI? Ed Co / NT, Hudson / Highland?

Lol didn’t know Garrigan it was in south east Iowa. Just kidding. But I don’t understand why the quadrant is set up the way it is. Should be a great first round game between Wapsie & Garrigan! It’s sad that one of there seasons will end that night. Especially when both are way to good to be playing each other in the first round. Hudson may have just gotten the easiest pass to the dome I’ve ever seen. Durant is pretty decent but come on.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
disgusted that the state leaves so many deserving teams out of the playoffs yet again. when will they learn. I would put money on East Buchanan St Albert and Grundy Center to make runs this year if the state would let the best teams prove it on the field

disgusted that the state leaves so many deserving teams out of the playoffs yet again. when will they learn. I would put money on East Buchanan St Albert and Grundy Center to make runs this year if the state would let the best teams prove it on the field
Hahahahahahaha stupidest post I have ever seen. Are you seriously crying that three 5-4 teams didn’t make the playoffs? Honestly ridiculous

Lol didn’t know Garrigan it was in south east Iowa. Just kidding. But I don’t understand why the quadrant is set up the way it is. Should be a great first round game between Wapsie & Garrigan! It’s sad that one of there seasons will end that night. Especially when both are way to good to be playing each other in the first round. Hudson may have just gotten the easiest pass to the dome I’ve ever seen. Durant is pretty decent but come on.
Couldn’t have said it better myself. One really good team will go home. Basically I am looking at this matchup as a quarterfinals game in the first round n then the winner of wapsie and garrigan game will have a first round type matchup in the quarters lol.
Yeah the state definitely gave Hudson a free pass to the dome. #1 seed or not that quadrant is a little ridiculous. Garrigan is #2 and least they put one good team in their bracket.

Reactions: GarriganFan12
Hahahahahahaha stupidest post I have ever seen. Are you seriously crying that three 5-4 teams didn’t make the playoffs? Honestly ridiculous
You're telling me you'd want to run into any of those teams in the playoffs? St, albert for example would be in last year as the district runner up having only lost to AHSTW. A game I was at and st albert should have won if not for a blown TD call. Grundy center played arguably the hardest schedule of the 3 and if they played even a .500 opponent RPI schedule would be in at 7-2.

You're telling me you'd want to run into any of those teams in the playoffs? St, albert for example would be in last year as the district runner up having only lost to AHSTW. A game I was at and st albert should have won if not for a blown TD call. Grundy center played arguably the hardest schedule of the 3 and if they played even a .500 opponent RPI schedule would be in at 7-2.
Doesn’t matter if I would want to or not a 5-4 team does not deserve to make the playoffs. If you lost 4 games you obviously are not that great of team. Sometimes a team will lose by just having a bad game or bad luck or bad calls but it happening 4 times no. So No I wouldn’t mind seeing one of them teams, be an easier route to the quarters than any of the 16 teams in the playoffs right now.

Doesn’t matter if I would want to or not a 5-4 team does not deserve to make the playoffs. If you lost 4 games you obviously are not that great of team. Sometimes a team will lose by just having a bad game or bad luck or bad calls but it happening 4 times no. So No I wouldn’t mind seeing one of them teams, be an easier route to the quarters than any of the 16 teams in the playoffs right now.
False. Completely false. You'd rather see CBSA or GC than Newman or lynnville? Not a chance. If grundy or CBSA played their schedules they'd both be 9-0. You cant just look at record bud. Especially when the state picks your non district schedule. You must think SBL is better than LC in 3A too huh? Or that IC regina is a cupcake this year at 5-4?

False. Completely false. You'd rather see CBSA or GC than Newman or lynnville? Not a chance. If grundy or CBSA played their schedules they'd both be 9-0. You cant just look at record bud. Especially when the state picks your non district schedule. You must think SBL is better than LC in 3A too huh? Or that IC regina is a cupcake this year at 5-4?
Well Grundy n Newman played and it was 21-20 so that is basically a wash out. I personally seen Grundy and was not over impressed with them. They looked like a solid team but not a playoff team. Okay so put Lynnville out n out st alberts in, they lose by 2-3 tds to Hudson. Put Grundy in for Lynnville lol to play Hudson, well alrieady seen that score n how bad it was. Wasn’t it like 55-21?
And if you wanna talk 3a football go to 3a boards that’s what they are for.

Well Grundy n Newman played and it was 21-20 so that is basically a wash out. I personally seen Grundy and was not over impressed with them. They looked like a solid team but not a playoff team. Okay so put Lynnville out n out st alberts in, they lose by 2-3 tds to Hudson. Put Grundy in for Lynnville lol to play Hudson, well alrieady seen that score n how bad it was. Wasn’t it like 55-21?
And if you wanna talk 3a football go to 3a boards that’s what they are for.
I've seen most class A teams on film, I dont think theres a team that can beat Hudson besides hudson. That argument means nothing to me. My argument is that records only matter when interpreted. Simply saying a team is undeserving just because they're 5-4 is the "stupidest" thing I've read. Especially given the circumstances of this year provided by the state. And I do talk 3A on 3A boards, I was simply making a comparison between the ignorance of your posts and those of people who say IC Regina is a bad team, or SBL deserves to be ahead of LC...I thought that was clear...guess not.

I've seen most class A teams on film, I dont think theres a team that can beat Hudson besides hudson. That argument means nothing to me. My argument is that records only matter when interpreted. Simply saying a team is undeserving just because they're 5-4 is the "stupidest" thing I've read. Especially given the circumstances of this year provided by the state. And I do talk 3A on 3A boards, I was simply making a comparison between the ignorance of your posts and those of people who say IC Regina is a bad team, or SBL deserves to be ahead of LC...I thought that was clear...guess not.
Well if you don’t think ther is a team that can beat Hudson then I’d advise you to watch their game against wapsie lol and the arguement should because your trying to justify a team like Grundy getting in and if they did they would be a low seed and play Hudson. They already got dominated by them so why do they deserve another chance at them more than say Lynnville who won the games that needed to be ahead of them. Now if it was close then I say pry deserve a second chance but a blow out? Come on. There will always be ppl that want to give teams things they didn’t earn you sound that way. Which that’s fine if that’s what you want to do. You play the schedule in front of you and it’s simple. WIN and you have nothing to worry about. If your a playoff team you will get what’s needed done.
You know if anyone wants to cry about this it shouldn’t be for teams that are in the 20s of the rpi it should be for Sioux central and Belmond Klemme.

What I want to know is if 3 of the 5-4 teams deserve to be in what 7-2 teams don’t deserve to be in? If the answer is a team that won there district well that is never gonna happen district champs have always made playoffs for as long as I can remember so RPI didn’t change that!

Yes the state made a lot of mistakes with this RPI and not just in class A. Not sure the 3 you mentioned would be more deserving than a few others that were 7-2 and missed out. I will say this thou , Grundy and EB played in the toughest district in the state for class A and I think each played 4 teams that are in this yrs playoffs including 3 from own district. If the state screwed anything up it was loading up that district compared to others. I would like to know between Hudson, Wapsie, North Tama, East Buch and Grundy how many playoff appearances total from these teams compared to the other districts. I'm sure some research junkie can figure that out.

If you include GR then that district has supplied 9 of the last twelve championship game participants winning it 5 of the 12. There will always be strong districts but I think the RPI is better than the old pt system. If you want to argue for those 5-4 teams then you have to argue for expanded playoff.

Yes the state made a lot of mistakes with this RPI and not just in class A. Not sure the 3 you mentioned would be more deserving than a few others that were 7-2 and missed out. I will say this thou , Grundy and EB played in the toughest district in the state for class A and I think each played 4 teams that are in this yrs playoffs including 3 from own district. If the state screwed anything up it was loading up that district compared to others. I would like to know between Hudson, Wapsie, North Tama, East Buch and Grundy how many playoff appearances total from these teams compared to the other districts. I'm sure some research junkie can figure that out.
I know Wapsie Valley is making it's 30th playoff appearance

I know Wapsie Valley is making it's 30th playoff appearance

Did a little research and wasnt as hard to find as I thought.
Wapsie 30 appearances
East Buchanan 20 appearances
North Tama 14 or 15 appearances
Grundy Center 10 appearances
Hudson 9 appearances
BCLUW 5 appearances
I may be off on 1 or 2 appearances but this was from the state archieves and added in last year and this year.
Thats allot of football playoffs ( 89 ) in one district.

If I was to guess Garrigan and Britt cover half of that if not more and that’s just 2 teams out of district 3

If I was to guess Garrigan and Britt cover half of that if not more and that’s just 2 teams out of district 3
Britt west hancock 25 appearances 1973 to 2017 covered
Bishop Garrigan 19 appearances 1976 to 2017 covered.
I dont think those two covered half.

Did a little research and wasnt as hard to find as I thought.
Wapsie 30 appearances
East Buchanan 20 appearances
North Tama 14 or 15 appearances
Grundy Center 10 appearances
Hudson 9 appearances
BCLUW 5 appearances
I may be off on 1 or 2 appearances but this was from the state archieves and added in last year and this year.
Thats allot of football playoffs ( 89 ) in one district.
Where did you find these appearance number lol? These are not even close man

The numbers for appearances for the two districts up for debate is:
District 7: 100
District 3: 76
All them numbers are up to date to this year
For fun just did District 4 also and they are at 77

Last edited:
i think you should look at Hudson's schedule and rethink this. there was nothing easy about making it through this schedule undefeated. with a number 1 ranking they faced a max effort from their opponent every week

I think he was talking about Hudson’s bracket not there district schedule... apparently district 7 is owed something I’ve never heard so many comments on every thread I guess since there district was so tough they should have the easiest brackets and the whole district should be in the playoffs geez maybe class A playoffs should just be district 7 no one else

i agree with you . there is really no way to tell how teams from 2 parts of the state will match up. at this level of football 1 key injury or just a bad effort can cause dramatically different outcomes, i have posted before i think this is wide open and many of the teams in the playoffs could win it all

i like Hudsons chances though. shoud have 2 home games and the UNI dome is essentially a home game for Hudson. we also just got back our 2nd best player from last year statistically, for all purpose yards.

I agree it is wide open not like years previous where there was a dominant team... Hudson does sound like the real deal!

i like Hudsons chances though. shoud have 2 home games and the UNI dome is essentially a home game for Hudson. we also just got back our 2nd best player from last year statistically, for all purpose yards.
I wouldn’t call the dome a home game for Hudson when they have played in the dome like 4 times in school history, just saying. Be a more home field to a team that has played there numerous times and knows how to prepare for the dome. Playing in the dome is different.

i meant travel distance ,it is 8 miles from Hudson, played there many more times in school history, used to play NU high there every other year

Iron Doc's 1st Round picks:
Hudson
Durant
Wapsie Valley
Edgewood-Colesburg
Akron-Westfield
Britt/Kanawha/Hurchins/Stilson Fearsome Eagle Beasts
AHSTW
Newman
Iron Doc acknowledges he doesn't have a clue in Hades about some of the outlying (Southern) teams.

Iron doc neither do I. I know about district 7, the teams in western Iowa, and that’s about it. I have seen some film on Hudson vs Wapsie valley from my nephew. Hudson didn’t at all look unbeatable. To be honest it looked more like a one man show. That running back is absolutely fantastic though. I’m surprised he has no D1 offers (unless I’m wrong on that) Hudson’s line got off the ball really slow and just didn’t move bodies up front. They were pretty big though. Obviously we all have those games where it just isn’t clicking and we aren’t playing well. But that’s the only thing I’ve seen on them.

Last edited:
GoPanthers. Yup it’ll be a great game of football! While I’m obviously biased in this game I think Garrigan is going to squeak by with a close victory. I think the experience and having a lot of seniors is going to help a lot. But boy, Wapsie has something special brewing over there. That sophomore class is absolutely amazing. The fact they are doing what there doing as sophomores just amazes me. Would not be surprised if they won it all when there all seniors.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT