ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Predictions #2

As for the actual relevant conversation to this thread, as long as they both win Osage will pass Treynor making Treynor the lowest seeded champ. Here is my predicted bracket (no district rematches and slightly more emphasis on geography than RPI).

Treynor @ W. Sioux
W. Lyon @ SCC

Underwood @ VM
Mt Ayr @ PC

I 35 @ D-NH
S. Hamilton @ Osage

Mepo @ Bellevue
WB @ Wilton

Reactions: Charles86
I agree with the #1 Bracket. #2 geography-wise makes sense but if PC wins tonight I doubt they have a 3-4 RPI match play a 2nd time before the dome. If that is the case I think that there will be tweaks in the other 2 brackets. The biggest change will be if Regina beats DNH. That would throw it all up in the air. I could see district 8 & 9 playing each other for the dome too in 1 bracket.

I agree with the #1 Bracket. #2 geography-wise makes sense but if PC wins tonight I doubt they have a 3-4 RPI match play a 2nd time before the dome. If that is the case I think that there will be tweaks in the other 2 brackets. The biggest change will be if Regina beats DNH. That would throw it all up in the air. I could see district 8 & 9 playing each other for the dome too in 1 bracket.

Or a 1 vs 4/5 aka Bellevue vs West Branch

West Sioux about has to be paired up with SCC. Otherwise they will be driving to Osage, Treynor or VM. The east side is a lot easier to move teams around.

I would have a few changes:

Underwood - West Sioux
West Lyon - SCC
South Hamilton - DNH
Osage - Bellevue
WB - Wilton
Mediapolis - PC
I35 - VM
Mt Ayr - Treynor.

Round 2:
West Sioux - SCC
Treynor - VM
DNH - PC
Wilton - Bellevue

As for the actual relevant conversation to this thread, as long as they both win Osage will pass Treynor making Treynor the lowest seeded champ. Here is my predicted bracket (no district rematches and slightly more emphasis on geography than RPI).

Treynor @ W. Sioux
W. Lyon @ SCC

Underwood @ VM
Mt Ayr @ PC

I 35 @ D-NH
S. Hamilton @ Osage

Mepo @ Bellevue
WB @ Wilton
I don’t see the state having Osage and South Hamilton play, while it works geographically it would be a #11 team Vs #15. At this point I’ve worked about every possible angle and still have not sure what happens if Osage gets a home game. My opinion is West Branch (161 Miles) or I-35 (188 Miles) will be headed to Osage. As long as Bellevue wins I feel they will be playing South Hamilton. Hard to tell how much the boys in Boone will follow their own rules though.

What’s the best matchup for Mediapolis, not knowing much about the other teams. Pella Christian, Bellevue or Dike-New Hartford? Obviously not many expect them to win a playoff game, have to qualify first, but who would you pick them to beat if you had to?

I do not know much about Mediapolis to guess. I doubt you would have to worry about them going to DNH though. So it would be just Bellevue and PC. It is really tough to tell which would be an easier opponent since PC had a lot tougher non district schedule so their stats may be skewed. Size is about the same between Bellevue and PC though.

Last edited:
So when does the state plan on posting post season pairings? Tonight? Tomorrow?

So when does the state plan on posting post season pairings? Tonight? Tomorrow?
I’d say later tonight they’ll post who qualified from each class and then hopefully by noon tomorrow they will have the pairings. That’s a pretty strong hopefully though haha

West Branch hasn’t won anything since the 90’s.

Thanks for pointing that out. Now go check top programs in the state of Iowa according to the IAHSAA football record book. Top 15-20 as of last year in all classes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT