Playoff picture…..yikes.

Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
Bama, out
Clemson, out
TN, with no SEC championship shot, out

1. GA
2. Michigan/OSU (still have to play each other, loser, out)
3. TCU……really?
4. Oregon…..really?
5. 🤷‍♂️

Bama, out
Clemson, out

1. GA
3. TCU……really?
4. Oregon…..really?
5. 🤷‍♂️
Is there a rule now that you can't be in the playoffs without playing in your conference championship game? Was I not paying attention and that rule came out?

Michigan and Ohio State are both in I think as long as they’re undefeated when they play and the game isn’t a 40 point blowout.

Unlikely TCU wins out. They play @ Texas next weekend and the Big 12 title will be tough too.

Oregon won’t be in the conversation with the 49-3 loss to UGA.

TNnisnt necessarily out. If UGA wins it that’s their only loss more than likely. Of course it depends on other games but they’d have a vase to make.
I think Tn will still be in it . They will win out and could stay in top 5 after this loss then Mich/OS game loser will drop below them . Possibly a rematch for NC .

TNnisnt necessarily out. If UGA wins it that’s their only loss more than likely. Of course it depends on other games but they’d have a vase to make.
That's what I thought. Bama has won NCs recently without even playing in the SECC. If UT wins out, they have a damn good chance at the playoff.

Reactions: Orange_N_White
Is there a rule now that you can't be in the playoffs without playing in your conference championship game? Was I not paying attention and that rule came out?
No, but it’s certainly not a resume enhancer.
Plus I get the sense the PO Committee has grown weary of the multi team from same conference dynamic………it’s time for some “equity”. 😏

Last edited:
Bama, out
Clemson, out

1. GA
3. TCU……really?
4. Oregon…..really?
5. 🤷‍♂️
What if LSU beats GA? A possibility.

Bama will be in the POs- you watch. A phenomenon similar to the woke mind virus 🦠 will have to make the pretext, but "the powers" will invent and/or nullify whatever rules they need to in order to put bama in the playoffs. Some things never change.

Bama will be in the POs- you watch. A phenomenon similar to the woke mind virus 🦠 will have to make the pretext, but "the powers" will invent and/or nullify whatever rules they need to in order to put bama in the playoffs. Some things never change.

Big brother has broken one off in you.

No, but it’s certainly not a resume enhancer.
Plus I get the sense the PO Committee has grown weary of the multi team from same conference dynamic………it’s time for some “equity”. 😏
SEC gets a pass. Everyone knows that.

Tennessee is still in the hunt dude

Bama and Clemson helped us a bunch
UT wins out, they are almost assured a spot in the final 4. Exception, in my mind, is if LSU beats Georgia in the SECCG, both LSU and Georgia get in due to head to head vs UT

If LSU wins out and is SECC they will still have 2 losses…..as will everyone in the SEC west, just don’t see 2 losses getting in this year but….oops! forgetting Ole Miss 😏

Another thought, if the Michigan vs OSU game is close and is the only loss between the two of them (which appears very likely with their schedules) how will the SEC folks react to 2 of the 4 PO teams coming from the B1G? That leaves UGA and ?

I
Another thought, if the Michigan vs OSU game is close and is the only loss between the two of them (which appears very likely with their schedules) how will the SEC folks react to 2 of the 4 PO teams coming from the B1G? That leaves UGA and ?that would be okay.

Two SEC and two B1G . To be honest can you think of anything better except maybe 3 SEC teams and 1 B1G team if LSU beats GA.

Reactions: Reasoned
Perhaps Bill is on to something. I’m of the opinion now (having watched USC again and being unimpressed…..no defense) no PAC 12 this year. If LSU we’re to defeat GA in SECC, it won’t be enough to knock out a one loss Clemson or OSU/Michigan loser. If TCU wins out, they’re in but if they stumble next week against the Cyclones or even in the Big 12 championship, it could open the door for Clemson. GA in even with SECC loss. I’d say biggest beneficiary from the TN loss is Clemson. So as of today:
1) GA
2) OSU
3) Michigan
4) TCU
5) Clemson

To your point on Clemson, I think several non-playoff SEC teams could beat them- Bama, Tennessee, Oulde Miss, and maybe Arkansas.

In other words, they would get absolutely destroyed in this year’s playoff.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
No 3 loss team has made the playoffs.
giphy.gif

To your point on Clemson, I think several non-playoff SEC teams could beat them- Bama, Tennessee, Oulde Miss, and maybe Arkansas.

In other words, they would get absolutely destroyed in this year’s playoff.
I’d agree but I’m afraid the PO committee has different plans

Looks like two locks:
1) GA
2) Michigan
then
3) TCU
4) OSU, USC, LSU 🤷‍♂️ or…… Bama (that defense though 😩)

Nice effing job ND, can always count on you to really screw things up. Now we’re going to have to deal with a PAC 12 playoff team.
1) GA
2) Michigan
3) TCU
4) USC

DONE

Nice effing job ND, can always count on you to really screw things up. Now we’re going to have to deal with a PAC 12 playoff team.
1) GA
2) Michigan
3) TCU
4) USC

DONE

Maybe USC or TCU shits the bed next week. We'd probably need both to shit the bed tbh.

In any event, we aren't a playoff caliber team this year. We're talented enough to do damage if we got our shit together but we aren't well coached and would likely lose in the semi's.

1) GA
2) Michigan
3) TCU
4) USC

DONE
I’m good with that. Will start clearing space in the Buttsmear building trophy case.

Maybe USC or TCU shits the bed next week. We'd probably need both to shit the bed tbh.

In any event, we aren't a playoff caliber team this year. We're talented enough to do damage if we got our shit together but we aren't well coached and would likely lose in the semi's.

This sounds good.

I'm going to go out on a limb an say if Putin hits the east and west coast with nukes then my Auburn Tigers are in.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT