ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Pairings

Nov 9, 2011
Does anyone know how they'll be doing the playoff pairings, specifically for Class A? Is it a 32 team bracket or pods of four like last year? I know with 32 teams now, they could do four or eight. The postseason manual is out but there is no mention of how they'll do this. Thanks!

I would guess they will do the first round games and pair up districts. #4 at #1 and #3 at #2. After that they will have 4 pods of 4 teams. Your guess is as good as mine but that makes sense to me.

I would guess they will do the first round games and pair up districts. #4 at #1 and #3 at #2. After that they will have 4 pods of 4 teams. Your guess is as good as mine but that makes sense to me.
I’d like to see it be sister districts through 2 rounds then seeded or 2 pods of 4. But I agree it’ll be at least districts paired up for the first round.

From what I was hearing it doesn't automatically mean two districts will be pared together as much as it will geography wise with top 2 seeds in each district hosting a 3 or 4 placed team from another district. After the first round it will go to pods of 4 but no district champions will meet until round 3

I wonder if they will do cross over districts like they used to do, but I will say if they do that district 1, 7 an 8 are far western Iowa, does district 2 or 6 go out west?

cross district would be hard with the amount of travel between district. 2A-8 has the whole southeast corner to itself. I could see 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3 any district including your own for round 1.

I agree, but the state would probably say that we play all of those games on Friday now so late night isn't a big concern now, yes way early outs are but for some reason that seems to be ok. 3 years ago we had Newman at AHSTW, and 2 years ago we had Woodbury Central at North Tama

I just think it will come down to who qualifies in each district to what they do as I don't see Boone tipping their cap either way to let anyone know ahead of time. I just don't think it is as easy as district 1 vs district 2 and so on as you could easily put districts 4,5 and 6 all together and go either way. One thing is for sure most of these districts wont be decided until week 8 and that makes it interesting for all these teams.

It really looks to me like they matched up districts for play. When you look at class A. D1vs D2. D3 vs D4. Etc…. They are kinda lined up for the best cross district travel. I would think the first two rounds are cross district games

It really looks to me like they matched up districts for play. When you look at class A. D1vs D2. D3 vs D4. Etc…. They are kinda lined up for the best cross district travel. I would think the first two rounds are cross district games
I agree. Sister districts in Class A make the most sense based on geography. It lends itself to 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 playing across the two districts. Make an eight team bracket then reseed for the semis. That's what I would do.

Looking thru most of the A districts some basically already have their top 4 teams like district 6 but a few others like 7,4 and 2 I think it will come all the way down to week 8 as all the teams play each other for one of those 4 spots. I think this is what makes it great is when you know you still have a chance going into the last few weeks. This season has really flown by as we are already in week 6 of the 8 game season. We will also find out a lot about North Butler as 2 of last 3 games against St Ansger and West Hancock.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT