ADVERTISEMENT

playoff pairings out

In 1A: Substate 1: tough one between Denison, Harlan, and Storm Lake. I'd say Denison will win it with home field advantage
Substate 2: Columbus
Substate 3: Between Wahlert and Assumption, probably Wahlert
Substate 4: Xavier
Substate 5: wow, no ranked teams, idk, maybe Fort Madison? I don't really know much about these teams
Substate 6: Should be between Pella and Knoxville in the finals, Pella should advance
Substate 7: Norwalk
Substate 8: ADM or Glenwood, can't decide, I don't know much about these two.

Substate 1
Storm Lake is very down this year. They lost 2-1 in OT to Denison and also lost 3-1 to Spencer which is also in substate #1. I was at the Spencer game and Storm Lake looked absolutely terrible. This is a very average substate throughout. Right now I would have to say that Heelan would probably be my favorite to win this substate. Hull and Unity wont be an easy win for anybody.

Originally posted by SailorSoccer#1:
#2 is theee hardest substate. all the other teams might have 1 difficult team to face.

WHAT?!??! Gladbrook and Columbus are easily the two best teams in it. Maybe throw in Decorah if you are being generous. There are two standout teams. I wouldn't say its the toughest. Substate 4 is tough too. Having Cedar Rapids Xavier and Iowa City Regina in it. And if you really need more tough ones, throw in substate seven with Gilbert vs. Norwalk first round, then throw in the likes of Dallas-Center-Grimes and Bondurant-Farrar and Nevada. I will not agree with you when you say substate 2 is theee hardest substate.

Sailor's post was very biased. From a person looking at that substate, yeah it looks tough. But for a person playing in that substate, it might feel like the toughest ever.. I do agree with tigermaster though.

Murray Left and that one tall big guy left??? so i dont see Regina being their best roster making that substate between Xavier and Regina hard.

Decorah beat us 2 years ago, and we want them real bad, and dont say they are decent.....
NU... Waverly-looking pretty good this year, Gladbrook Reinbeck, Indee got 2nd in our Conference....
These teams have given us a tough game most of the time.

anyone know nethign about clear lake???

It all depends on what kind of way you're looking at it. If you're defining hard as in "hard to get to state" then I believe that District 4 is the hardest just based on the fact that Xavier is in it. If you're talking an all-around sort of deal then I will say that District 4 is still the hardest, with District 2 right behind it. Say you put the highest team in one of the districts against the highest in the other and so on. Also watch out for Cono Christian in District 4, I don't know how well they'd do against the likes of Xavier or Iowa City Regina but they are definitely capable of winning big games.

Originally posted by Indee08:
It all depends on what kind of way you're looking at it. If you're defining hard as in "hard to get to state" then I believe that District 4 is the hardest just based on the fact that Xavier is in it. If you're talking an all-around sort of deal then I will say that District 4 is still the hardest, with District 2 right behind it. Say you put the highest team in one of the districts against the highest in the other and so on. Also watch out for Cono Christian in District 4, I don't know how well they'd do against the likes of Xavier or Iowa City Regina but they are definitely capable of winning big games.

You just lost a lot of credibility from me by saying watch out for Cono Christian, losing to PC. I'm not too impressed, and I do not care if it is just one game. If you are that good, you would not lose that game. And I would put Norwalk as one of the toughest if not the toughest team in the state. That is just my opinion, but they are up there.

Yeah we (PC) just played Cono and they didn't look especially good. Now I am wondering if all of their players weren't there because they had no subs. Two of our goals came because the keeper couldn't hang on to the ball when he came out on a one on one. Our forwards just cleaned that up and put the ball in the net.

Originally posted by Indee08:
sorry Tiger, I guess I was just making statements based on what I saw last year.

I understand then. I thought maybe you knew someone there saying they are going to be good, or something like that.

#5 has Columbus Jct. who is 7-1 and just defeated an undefeated IMS squad on tuesday night. Not bad for a very young program with a lot of potential for the future. Could be a surprise team in the tourney.

Substate 2 is tough, Columbus, Decorah, GR, Independence, Waverly, substate 2 is stacked throughout.

Columbus lost to danville thursday 3-1 for the second time. Danville plays ims tuesday for the conference title.

Substate seven has to be one of the most difficult substates with Norwalk, Perry, Nevada, Ballard, Bondurant. I believe it will be a great substate to watch, maybe with some first or second round suprises

dont overlook substate #8-i wont go as far as saying its the hardest bracket by any means, but its filled with tough matchups and will be a fun one to keep track of. teams include creston, st alberts, glenwood, ADM and others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT