ADVERTISEMENT

Pella @ DCG for all the marbles.

ghost80

Varsity
Feb 24, 2009
Should be the best central Iowa matchup for state.

If this were are at Pella on turf I'd go with Pella but on grass I'd have to say that could level the playing field. I'm picking DCG in this one but it could go either way.

To the north WC and IFA could be another entertaining matchup. After knocking off Hudson WC has got to be feeling pretty good. Got a feeling WC might be the team which has flown under the radar of many.

Ah, if only I could be two places at once.

Pella - DCG was a solid match. Teams were kinda streaky. Pella scores in first 30 seconds of match and then last 7 seconds of half. DCG put together some nice possessions and scored twice early in the 2nd to tie things up. It was tight for a while then until Pella started clicking and they put together a couple of strikes and then rode out the last 10 minutes or so.

I like both of these teams. DCG plays very solid with a good team approach. Pella may have had a couple of players that stand out more on their team but I think DCG has some really good guys coming back next year.

I think State is going to be a lot of very even match upsRefs were pretty decent and didn't get in the way of the game.

Both of Pella's first half goals actually went throught the goalie's hands. First one hit his chest and went to the foot of a Pella kid for the goal and the second went through his hands and continued top shelf. FWIW - Pella was the toughest team DCG played. Overall team speed and less drop off from starters to subs will make them a very tough out this week at state.

Rain might negate some of that speed.

Pella is used to playing very fast. If the wet fields slows things down they will have a bigger adjustment to make than others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT