ADVERTISEMENT

NICL West

First game of the night was a real pitching dual, EM probably left more runners on then they would have liked too. South Tama had a chance to tie it up on an over throw at third but chose not to send the runner with no outs, and next two batters struck out and third grounded out to 2nd.

The 2nd game South Tama booted the ball around way too much to win the game.

West Marshall 9
BCLUW 7

Gladbrook Reinbeck 10
East Marshall 3

Things just got interesting again.

EM & WM tied for first with 2 losses apiece. S Tama right behind with 3 losses.

Anybody go to the G-R v. EM game, I can't say I was surprised that G-R won after EM used their top 2 pitchers last night, but I was a little surprised by the margin.

I would imagine Smith pitched for GR. GR may be able to come back with Bolt on Thursday vs S Tama? He threw on Saturday.

Originally posted by terrehawk:
I would imagine Smith pitched for GR. GR may be able to come back with Bolt on Thursday vs S Tama? He threw on Saturday.
May be able to, or will be forced to?
grin.r191677.gif
With his arm history, and baseball future, I can't believe he'd be asked to do it.

Edit: I guess he was asked to throw on Tuesday. Unbelievable! Even though they won, how can you do that to a kid? (I didn't read your post carefully enough. I was thinking you were talking about last night, even though you said Thursday. Oops!)
This post was edited on 6/20 8:10 AM by Parker D

I see that East Marshall started an 8th grader on the mound last night. He got hit in the face with a batted ball and had to leave the game in the 2nd inning. Said he'd be OK. A freshman finished the game. Don't know how good these kids are, but they must drop off quite a bit after their top two.

Originally posted by j6694:
Bolt pitched all 7 on Tuesday vs EM...imagine that leaves Smith for Thursday
Unless Billerbeck is ready to go? Which I doubt he is near ready yet as it appeared that he had an elbow strain from a Saturday start. (it sounded like it was partially caused by getting hit by a pitch but he hurt it pitching)

I'm just going to say it. 14 innings with 2 days rest for a kid that has had arm problems due to over use and has obviously lost velocity? This guy should lose his job.

Who threw for them against Grundy, I would think that the Smith kid would of had to throw against Grundy, I mean they lost to them once, and can't imagine they wanted to lose to them again.

I wasn't at the game last night, but I know our #3 pitcher last pitched on Friday, so he wouldn't have been asked to go already last night. That would have only been 3 days rest and I've never seen any of our pitchers go that soon before.

Before the rainout happened, it would have probably been Bloom Monday night, Wolken last night and no idea, probably our 3 on Thursday night? I'm only speculating. Rescheduled double-headers kill pitching rotations.

Gladbrook Reinbeck 18
South Tama 6

Is that a typo? Who pitched for GR? What the heck happened? GR has shown very little offense outside of 2 players. Wow.

S Tama is virtually eliminated with 4 losses in conference play. East & West Marshall each with 2 losses each and they still have to play each other 1 more time. (WM won first game 7-0 vs Bloom).

E Marshall 8
S Hardin 1

EM remaining schedule

Monday @ BCLUW
Tuesday Home vs West Marshall
Thursday Home vs Grundy Center

West Marshall remaining schedule

Friday @ AGWSR
Monday Home vs Grundy Center
Tuesday @ East Marshall
Thursday Home vs S Tama

West Marshall certainly has the tougher task next week in finishing out the conference race.

This post was edited on 6/21 11:26 PM by terrehawk

Both Teams will win Monday leaving Tuesday as big game to decide the conference championship.

EM 7
BCLUW 1

Who did EM throw tonight? I assume Bloom went tonight and Wolken will throw tomorrow?

Beals threw for WM tonight. Riemenschneider will throw tomorrow.

Since nobody else posted it.

EM 2

WM 1

Good game. Both starters went the distance. Now we need to not take Grundy Center lightly.

I heard what the first team was.
Wolken and Bloom got both 1st team pitchers
1st base - Billerbeck GR
2nd base - Cole Thompson BCL
SS- Kolton Smith STC
3rd base - Robert Sharp BCL
Catcher - Noah Bearden STC
OF- Jacob Clark STC
OF- Tyler Harken GC
OF - Im forgetting the last out fielder
Utility - Parker Bolt GR
Utility - Jared Riemenschneider WM

Thanks for the info, I wonder if the third OF is Wilson from EM, or maybe the Schuett kid from STC

As for your question I would say that EM and WM both have a chance to come out of their regional but there are quite a few good teams in that regional, but no "unbeatable" teams. I personally would say though that GR may have the best chance, just because they are playing in 1A, yes they have some tough teams to get through, Grundy (who beat them earlier) NT and Don Bosco seem to be the best in their district, with Bosco probably being the best of those three, and on the other side I would say P'ville and BGM are both quality teams, but I think that they are all teams the can beat.

East Marshall W
GR W
Grundy Center W
West Marshall L
South Tama Yet to Play
South Hardin L
AGWSR L
BCLUW L
Not to bad for the West, grundy and GR play next round so one will be eliminated for sure and east marshall has a tough matchup with hudson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT