ADVERTISEMENT

NEIC 2016

Bringit10

Gold Member
May 19, 2014
I know....it's a long ways off, but I'm ready for the season to start tomorrow. Just looking to see if anyone has thoughts about how the conference could play out next year. Here are mine:

Waverly - 2015 State Champs...return several key starters, but did lose their top two pitchers (Robson & Velky....and lead-off hitter). Will be solid if the can replace those arms. Should compete for conference title.

New Hampton - 2015 Conference Champs....return their ace (Ambrose), but did lose some big bats (McDonald & Tenge). Got solid performances from young players like Stochl & Gorman. If their bats produce, they'll be in the mix again.

Charles City - I'd call them the conference surprise last year. Blaine was incredible on the mound, and they had some Seniors that performed well (Lipke & Isakson). They'll need to find some pitching to stay competitive this year.

Oelwein - Disappointing year for the Huskies. They bring back their two top arms (Rex & Suckow). They also bring back their All-District catcher (Reising). If they can find some offense, they are my dark horse for this year.

Crestwood - Like Oelwein, it was a rough year for the Cadets. They were a relatively young team last year. With key returners (Pecinovsky & McAllister), they should be improved.

Waukon - Similar boat as Crestwood & Oelwein. Lose their best player (Ronan), but have some good younger talent in Snitker. Don't expect huge strides this year, but a similar year to last.

Decorah - Middle of the road year for a program that performs a high level year in and year out. They'll have a tough time replacing their three top players (Nimrod, LaRue, & Hovden). Players like Mincks and Marlow will really need to step up for them to compete this year.

My Prediction:

Waverly
Oelwein
New Hampton
Crestwood
Decorah
Charles City
Waukon

Should be a great season!!

I think that this is a toss up conference if there has ever been one, if I were to pick a favorite I would say Waverly because I am sure they have young talent that just has had to wait their turn, but a lot of key players lost from last year.

Waverly
New Hampton
Oelwein
Decorah
Waukon
Charles City
Cresco

New Hampton returns a lot of good players, but losing McDonald and Tenge might be too much. Everything comes down to pitching. Lots of good info Bringit10...

Iowa Preps Prediction:

Waverly
New Hampton
Crestwood
Charles City
Decorah
Waukon
Oelwein

Similar to the predictions above, with the exception of Oelwein & Crestwood. I don't see Oelwein finishing at the bottom (top 2 arms returning will have them competing near the top of the conference).

Off to a crazy start!! Charles City takes one from Waverly, and Oelwein takes down New Hampton. It's going to be a great battle to see who comes out on top this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT