ADVERTISEMENT

NCC 2012-2013

se xc1

Varsity
Oct 20, 2007
Practice starts Monday, what is everybody's thoughts about how the conference looks?? Clarion is the largest 1A school and that should help them a ton, Algona & Webster City in 3A and will have to compete with FDSH and Mason City at districts. Did Gonzalez of Mason City go to Clear Lake??? Thanks.

Ankeny, Mason City, Ft Dodge, Webster City, Algona, Storm Lake and Boone. Yes, Gonzalez is indeed with Clear Lake. Go Hawks!!!

Looks like it could be a competitive year in the NCC. Algona will be very decent and Clear Lake will be strong especially in the lower weights. Humboldt has some good athletes right now and I could seem them making some noise near the top of the conference. Webster City has some good returning talent as does St. Edmond. The Gaels just need more bodies out. Clarion-Goldfield won't be as strong as a year ago but will throw a wrench in some people's plans at times. Hampton-Dumont should be a little improved over last year too. Iowa Falls-Alden was very young last year so a year of experience will help them. Eagle Grove really needs bodies out for wrestling.

My top three predication - in no particualr order:

Algona
Clear Lake
Humboldt

I,m pretty sure clarion made the jump to class 2a... should have a salty group of young grapplers!

preseason breakdown of ranked wrestlers by school

clear Lake 2a

106# Ryan Schmalen (So.) 4th
126# Andres Gonzalaz (Jr.) 2nd
Hampton 2a
170# Josh Bauer (Sr.) 10th
Humbolt 2a
Reed Dryer 195# 3rd (Sr)
Fort-D St-Ed 1a
113# Kayen McClintock (Jr) 6th
152# Teddie Harvey (Sr) 5th
220# Vinnie Harvey (Jr) 5th