ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Basketball

mtdew_fever

All District
Jul 14, 2004
Can we just assume it will be Bowen Born this year? A few other very good players, but he just seems to be above the rest.

Born is obvious choice especially if they make a deep run in the playoffs which I think they will. The only other players that any realistic shot are Foster, if he somehow leads his team to a wells berth while Bowen doesn’t, and Bryce Coppock if he leads his team to a state title and Bowen doesn’t

Born has it in the bag already. What he has done over his career is just sensational...one of the most skilled players to ever play Iowa HS ball.
Oh i definitely agree. Only way he doesn’t win it is if they lose the first round or something

While I have not seen him play this season, my vote would certainly go to Born based upon last year and career body of work. Best player I have actually seen this year is the Assumption guard/forward Peeters. Athletically takes over a game and creates a match-up problem with pretty much any standard high school player. I am NOT saying he will be a good college player as the athleticism goes way up, but he is a fun high school player to watch.

Agree with Sean Peeters of 3A Davenport Assumption. Been starting four years, but this year he has taken his game to new heights. A horrible matchup for any defensive player as he is so quick and agile. Best player I've seen in person this year. (Saw Born and Foster other years). But Born will and should get the award, as he just takes over games singe-handedly, it seems. Xavier Foster is getting healthier, but he plays on a losing team. Plus, Born has outscored Foster both times they have met this year with 49 and 47 points (if you can believe that!), even though he is literally a foot shorter than Foster. UNI is going to get a phenom. UNI also just got a commitment from Michael Duax of Dub. Hempstead who will be a top candidate for Mr. Basketball next year.

Last edited:
Born should win this award.
But, Regina’s Masen Miller has to be one of the best players in the state.
He’s one of the best ball handlers I’ve ever seen in high school. His shot is lightning quick and is clearly at another level than most.
He faces a box and one or double and triple teams every game and still puts up big numbers.
He scored 44 last night in a win over Anamosa, hitting 9 3’s.
Point totals the prior 3 games were 31, 36 and 37. He’s almost unstoppable and a lot of fun to watch.

Born should win this award.
But, Regina’s Masen Miller has to be one of the best players in the state.
He’s one of the best ball handlers I’ve ever seen in high school. His shot is lightning quick and is clearly at another level than most.
He faces a box and one or double and triple teams every game and still puts up big numbers.
He scored 44 last night in a win over Anamosa, hitting 9 3’s.
Point totals the prior 3 games were 31, 36 and 37. He’s almost unstoppable and a lot of fun to watch.
Agreed.
And a great, hardworking kid!
It is unfortunate for Mas, that the teammates he was to have around him,
Brauns, Ash Cook, Nick Wagner, either left, or succumbed to injury.
Mas was left to do it all. 15-6 is not a bad record, but things could have been much better for he and his teammates, barring the bad luck.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Agreed.
And a great, hardworking kid!
It is unfortunate for Mas, that the teammates he was to have around him,
Brauns, Ash Cook, Nick Wagner, either left, or succumbed to injury.
Mas was left to do it all. 15-6 is not a bad record, but things could have been much better for he and his teammates, barring the bad luck.
If Brauns stays does Regina win 2A this year?

Reactions: Pinehawk
If Brauns stays does Regina win 2A this year?

Yes, he’s the best player (6’9”) on a highly ranked 4A IC West team now.
Those two together would have been special this season.
Right, then if they also had Cook 6’5”, Wagner 6’5” and Wick 6’1” available (all are out currently due to injury).
Would probably have been the team to beat in 2A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT