Monday, Feb. 10 Scores and Comments

Algona Garrigan 102, North Iowa 56
Algona 62, Pocahontas Area 51
Davenport Assumption 49, Davenport North 48 in a squeaker
Panorama 70, Martinsdale SM 57
AP 54, West Marshall 25
Van Meter 54, DM Christian 51

Last edited:
What is the issue with West Sioux as of late? Lost to a mediocre 1A Hinton team, loses to Remsen, and almost lost to a below average Trinity Christian team.

What is the issue with West Sioux as of late? Lost to a mediocre 1A Hinton team, loses to Remsen, and almost lost to a below average Trinity Christian team.
I believe they were missing Baxter Walsh who was averaging 13 and is there only real height and another player close to double digits was missing as well against Hinton. So if anyone knows if there still out let us know

They were missing Baxter Walsh last week. Their best bench player averages 2.4 points per game. They have no depth. That's why I gave Rock Valley a chance in the playoffs against them. I'll look into who else was possibly missing from tonight's game

They were missing Baxter Walsh last week. Their best bench player averages 2.4 points per game. They have no depth. That's why I gave Rock Valley a chance in the playoffs against them. I'll look into who else was possibly missing from tonight's game
Jesus there bench must be awful. I noticed that Dekkers has not been playing as well either. Better to get in a slump now and peak later in playoffs

They heavily rely on their 3 point shooting. They had 4 of their 5 starters tonight only missing Walsh. I would suspect he is the one with a bum ankle.

I have an interesting food for thought. With the season coming to an end for all 1A teams this week I was thinking about who has made some good all state cases. Usually 1st and 2nd team all state consist of the best players on the best teams. However a lot of time they may not be the best statistical players. Right now, taking only regular season stats and wins into consideration, who would be some of your first team and 2nd team all staters. To often are guys left off the teams because they only went 16-5 or 17-4 with district finals losses

I have an interesting food for thought. With the season coming to an end for all 1A teams this week I was thinking about who has made some good all state cases. Usually 1st and 2nd team all state consist of the best players on the best teams. However a lot of time they may not be the best statistical players. Right now, taking only regular season stats and wins into consideration, who would be some of your first team and 2nd team all staters. To often are guys left off the teams because they only went 16-5 or 17-4 with district finals losses
We have played St Edmonds quite a few times over the past 4 years despite them not being in our conference and I remember a player by the name of Andrew Gibb just dominating. He averaged 29 points on 53% from the field in a 3A conference. I don’t think he ever made anything higher then 3rd team all state because he lost in the district finals to us. Shame because he was a top 7 player and should have been a first teamer

We have played St Edmonds quite a few times over the past 4 years despite them not being in our conference and I remember a player by the name of Andrew Gibb just dominating. He averaged 29 points on 53% from the field in a 3A conference. I don’t think he ever made anything higher then 3rd team all state because he lost in the district finals to us. Shame because he was a top 7 player and should have been a first teamer

The people who actually watch basketball (ie the guys at Prep Hoops) had Gibb as a first teamer last year, FWIW.

The people who actually watch basketball (ie the guys at Prep Hoops) had Gibb as a first teamer last year, FWIW.
I am a big proponent of prep hoops and use them over anything with the AP, but sadly most people probably do not look at there site when it comes to all state teams. A lot do for in season class rankings though

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT